Chapter 83: Home (End of Arc 1)
38 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the servants returned to the Throne of Heroes, Carter, Sara, Constantine, Barry, and Joey returned to the DEO. When they returned, everyone was there waiting for them. Kara approaches Barry, “So Oliver is really gone, huh Barry?” Barry nods, “And we don’t know if or when he’ll come back. But I do know that we need to keep his memory alive and tell his story. As long as we do this, eventually, he’ll come back.”

J’onn then looks over everyone before turning to the masters from the other Earths. “Now that the Holy Grail War is over. What will you do? Do you want to stay here?” Before Courtney could even answer, Joey spoke for them. “We’ll return to Blue Valley. We’ve been away for far too long and our friends and families are probably worried about us.” After his experience with Caster, she taught him to be more assertive.

When J’onn turned his attention to Carter and Eddie, Eddie spoke up for the both of them. “We’ll be going home as well. I can’t leave Ralph, and Ronnie to handle everything forever. I need to stop the metas of our world. Who knows what they’ve been up to since Carter and I came here.”

After confirming their intentions, each of them returned to their rooms and packed their belongings before returning home. Everyone gathered together in the command center after they prepared for the trip back to their respective Earths. Carter opened a breach to Earth-212 to Send Courtney, Pat, Henry, and Joey home first.

Just as they were about to depart, Cisco gave Henry a small device. Henry looked and fiddled with the small disk-shaped device before looking at Cisco with a puzzled expression. Cisco smiles, “This is a portable breach generator. Just press the button and you can come to Earth-Prime anytime you want. I wanted to give you this so that you can visit your father here. That is until your Earth makes a meta-human dampening facility for meta-human criminals.”

“Thanks, Cisco. Hopefully, I can change my Dad’s views on things with my visits.” Henry was grateful to the friend he made on Earth-Prime. Cisco then handed to Pat a similar device. “Pat this is a little something I cooked up. With this thing, you can communicate with us from your Earth. In case you ever need any help, just press the button, and we can start communications.” Pat thanked Cisco, “Thanks Cisco. I’ll keep this in mind if we face something more than we can handle.

Right before they left, everyone said their goodbyes, shook hands, and gave hugs. After all, was said and done, the six heroes stepped into the breach. When they exited on the other side, they found themselves in Pat’s workshop. Pat then shook hands with Carter and Eddie, “So I guess this is goodbye. Thanks for everything Carter, Eddie. If it weren’t for you two, Henry here would have died and Joey would’ve still been in a coma. Plus, because of you two, we stopped the ISA and had a whirlwind adventure. On behalf of the JSA, I wanna say, thank you.”

Carter and Eddie shook hands with everybody before leaving. Carter opened another breach to their home of Earth-43 but before he left, he wanted to do something. “Hey Joey, catch.” When Joey caught what Carter threw at him, he observed and fiddled with it before asking Carter, What is it?” Carter smiles, “It’s a rock. To be more accurate, it is a magic stone with a communication rune engraved on it. As long as you have this, you can call me anytime, and ask me about magic. I may not be as good a teacher as Scathach, but I do have quite a bit of knowledge about magic. So if you’re ever stuck on something or just need some advice, then I’m all ears.”

Joey kept fiddling with the communication stone, “Thanks Carter, I’ll try my best to improve my magic.” With some parting advice, Carter and Eddie stepped through the breach. When they appeared on the other side, they had returned home to their Earth. The moment they stepped out of the breach, they heard alarms blaring. Just as they were about to turn it off on the console, Cisco came into the room with a weapon “Stop right there dirtbags.”

Eddie and Carter both raised their hands when the weapon was pointed at them, “Whoa, whoa, Cisco. It’s us. Put the weapon down.” Cisco recognize the voices and took off his goggles only to see that his friends had returned, “Eddie, Carter, you’re back. Come give a brother a hug.”

Cisco then apologized, “Sorry for aiming the gun at you, guys. I thought we had an intruder.” Eddie then asked Cisco, “So, how were things while we were away? Did any metas cause too much trouble for you guys to handle?” Cisco then gave them a report of events. After listening to Cisco as they return to the command center. The alarms blared. Barry was working the computer when the alarms sounded, and he saw Carter and Eddie.

“Guys, Thawne escaped from Black Gate and is causing trouble. Firestorm, Ralph, and Caitlin have got their hands tied at the moment. Sorry to ask this of you the moment you came back but can you guys take care of it?” Barry asked Eddie and Carter to stop Thawne the moment he saw them.

Eddie pressed his ring and a suit was ejected from it. He runs to it in a tornado and quickly changes into his suit. “Haven’t fought a meta in a while. Hopefully, I haven’t gotten rusty. Do you want me to this alone or do you wanna join me, babe?” Carter sighs, “Alright, let’s go. Imprint... Achilles!”

Barry told them that Thawne was spotted in a facility researching speed. The facility was across the city. After getting the location, Carter and Eddie raced to get to Thawne. When they arrived, Eddie entered the facility while Carter waited on the roof of the building across the street.

As he was stealing what he came for, Thawne caught sight of Eddie. “Hey, gramps. I didn’t know you were back. I heard from the guys in Black Gate that you’ve been absent for the past few weeks, so I thought I’d try to take advantage of things. Who knew that the day I started my plan, you’d be back.”

Thawne already stole what he needed, after seeing how his grandfather had returned, he ran. He equipped himself with an accelerator and ran faster than before. Despite his speed, Eddie was unable to stop the accelerated Thawne. Carter saw everything that transpired in the lab. When Thawne managed to get away from Eddie, Carter started running.

Thawne was running faster than before but he was surprised when he saw a green light caught up to him. He tried to run faster but the green light stuck to him like glue. After running around the city. Thawne crashed into a parked car after he was punched. Thawne immediately snapped out of it and saw his assailant. It was a green-haired man in armor, Just as he was about to run away, he was hit with a spear.

Thawne was about to get up and run away again but before he could do so, meta-human dampening cuffs were placed on him. When Eddie reached the scene, he picked Thawne up and prepared to send him back to his cell. “I am getting rusty if I can’t even catch up to you Eobard.” Those were the words Eddie spoke as he apprehended Thawne before he turned his attention to Carter. “Thanks for the help babe. Looks like I need to get some help to keep up with this guy.”

As Eddie was about to take Thawne into custody, Carter reverted into his regular form. When Thawne saw this only one word came to mind, “Pop Pop?” Eddie then took Thawne back to Black Gate. With the matter settled, Eddie and Carter returned to S.T.A.R. Labs.

 

END OF GREATER GRAIL ARC

 

For those of you who read my fanfic, and question the ending, this is my answer. Yes, there is a second arc I'm working on. But at the moment I am working on several other stories. So I will put Fate/Arrow on hiatus for a while, while I work on my other stories. But I will give the title of the next arc as consolation

 

Singularity: The Three Sisters: Blood Feud Of The Gods, Themyscira

0