A Star is Born 5
522 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

His answer sent shock down along the rest of the line, including to both his best friend and cousin. While one might say they don’t want to sound mean, no one really liked Chinae all that much anyway. So despite learning of what was supposedly her family secret, most of the people who knew Chinae, which were the students from their school, sided with Chiana.

“I know you know both of them better than most of us.” Otoya tried to get an understanding of why his friend would say that. “But, Chinae’s mean to you all the time.” She did have a lot of harsh words sent his way.

“Plus, she couldn’t even be bothered to come support her sister here today.” Koto made the most logical point in his life, which was funny to Ishi considering the truth.

“Yeah, how could you.” The crowd was turning against him by the second. Not that he minded, since the boy was used to that occurring very frequently. However, just like all those times before, he was certain he was going to come out on top.

“Sheesh, you guys always make me out to be the villain in everything.” He quipped towards the audience they had garnered. At this point, he was still on the edge of being taken out of this convention by force.

“Why…” Everyone stopped their arguing when a certain someone finally spoke up. “Why… Why…” It was Chiana, who face was pointed down as tears began to stream down her face.

“Great, now you made her cry.” Someone complained. If his goal was to get every person here to hate him, Ishi did an amazing job at that.

“Why would you pick her?” She asked. “Chinae is… Not a good person. No one likes her because she’s rude, and mean, and, and…” It was hard for her to be able to speak while choking up.

“That’s a little harsh on your sister, don’t you think?” While he might not have agreed with Ishi being so brash, Otoya certainly didn’t want any family drama to begin.

“I like Chinae more because…” Finally, Ishi had his chance to explain himself. “…Because Chiana doesn’t exist.” His other bombshell was the much more larger thing that nearly got everyone to fall over. It seemed too unreal, even coming from him. Yet the truth finally came out as Chinae responded by taking off her wig.

“I’m sorry, everyone.” Chinae spoke, no longer playing the persona of the cheerful upbeat girl that was supposedly known as her sister. “I’ve been lying to you all this entire time.” It was a bitter moment for her, as the girl practically threw in the towel about her career. “You don’t deserve someone like me.”

The crowd was stunned into silence. No one was able to find the words as she got up from her seat and began to walk away. Presumably towards a future that was not as bright as an idol. They were quiet until someone finally spoke up.

“Wait!” One would’ve thought that Ishi would be the one to step up. In fact, he himself was about to stop her, but his younger cousin, Koto spoke up first. “Chinae, please don’t go.” Everyone turned to look at the young boy, though some did believe him to be a girl based on his voice and appearance. “My cousin would say that you shouldn’t hide who you are, no matter what people say. And… I agree with him.”

“I guess you really do listen to me.” Ishi picked up where things were dropped off for him. “But it’s not just a matter being who you are. I… Everyone who knew your secret were getting worried that you were starting to get too caught up between yourself.” Chances were that during the creation of Chiana, Chinae had spent careful consideration on what was popular. The type of things that people would not only like in an idol, but also in a real person.

Yet, was it really just a matter of observing traits and copying them for herself? He would say no. If there was one thing Ishi was really good at, then it would be in his ability to determine if someone was being fake. That they were pretending to be someone they were not, or just flat out lying to the people around them. Even when she would quickly change between the personas.

“He’s right!” Someone in the crowd called out. For once, the boy was glad people finally listened to him. Though it wasn’t a matter of just being right. As the audience of people around them began to give their supportive cheers, he could sense why they rooted for this loner of a girl who tried to take the spotlight as someone else. The people here had seen the same things he did when she took to the stage.

That they were witnessing true passion and love for the music, performance, and the people there watching.

“Everyone…” Chinae was at a loss for words as the people here cheered for her. It was overwhelming as she felt her legs feel weak underneath. They gave as she began to collapse onto the floor, but Ishi was there to catch her.

“Don’t go fainting on us now.” He held her in his arms as tears continued to fall down her cheeks. Though these were of tears of joy, rather than sorrow. “Don’t you see how much everyone here loves you? No matter who you really are.”

“Everyone really does love me…” She spoke, still in disbelief in this situation. “And I… I love you.” When Chinae looked him in the eye, Ishi knew immediately that she was confessing to him in this moment.

“Sheesh, and we almost saved your career.” He chuckled that this was the end result after everything that had happened. Yet something odd was happening. It was as if no one in this crowd cared that one of their favorite idols had just confessed to him. They certainly heard her, since she made that clear. Maybe it was because it wasn’t as crazy as the news that she wasn’t who she said she was? Or perhaps, the people here wanted him to be with her.

“I’m not kidding around.” She restated her position. “You… You’re everything to me. I really don’t deserve to have someone like you.” After all, Chinae knew she was rude to him, mean to him, called him a pervert and…

None of that matter to him, as Ishi gave her the answer she wanted. Though it wasn’t done with words, but rather with the touch of his lips on hers.

“I did save almost.” He spoke when they parted. Ishi was quite the bold boy to be kissing an idol in front of all his fans, but when had he ever been the type to shy away? “Now, how about we give everyone, Chinae’s debut?” The boy picked her back onto her feet as people applauded the end result of this chaotic scene.

“Wow.” Among this crowd stood Ryugi and Youna, who witnessed nearly the entire thing. “I can’t believe that she was both of them this whole time.” The former was more shocked about the truth behind the girl’s true identity.

“And I can’t believe they just kissed.” The latter was much sadder about Ishi’s new relationship status. However, they both tried their best to be supportive of their friends as the boy handed the idol a mic.

“This meet-and-greet really turned into something, didn’t it?” She asked him as music began to play. The audience was excited to be able to get a rare show like this. After all, how often does one get the chance to see a new idol debut?

“I suppose even bad things can lead to an amazing ending.” He replied. It reminded him of the day he met Rinse, the idol who moved next door. The memory was a little painful, since Ishi also remembered how upset he was about the news. Along with what he had to tell her just moments before when the boy was left with no other choice but to break her heart.

Still, were it not for him meeting her that day. If she didn’t move in next door, then he’d never have the wonderful opportunity to get to know Chinae. To have learned her secret and understood her feelings of life in this manner. “I hope you’re not too mad at your father and boss for what they did.”

“It really hurt me to hear that they did it.” She responded. Ishi understood if she would continue to hold a grudge considering what the girl went through the past couple of days. “But, they had their hearts in the right place.”

“I see.” So this was really the type of girl she was. “If that’s how you feel, then go show everyone here what you as a true idol looks like.” Then, Ishi stood back and enjoyed the song and dance Chinae had for the crowd.

It was an odd experience for him, and most definitely the others to witness Chinae, not Chiana perform. After all, he was used to the grumpy looking girl who sat at the back of the class. Always having quips against him and the way he looked and acted. But to see her smile the way she did on stage. That was a real Chiana smile…

No. That was how Chinae smiled, then and always.

20