New Year’s Resolution 4
434 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ishi was in utter shock as he felt her steal away his first kiss. Was this really the same gyaru he had known all this time now? Ryugi was certainly putting her all into something she had never done once before in her life as the pair quietly kissed the other. The little cove they found themselves in kept them private away from everyone else in the party.

Soon, just as suddenly as she had planted a kiss onto him. Ryugi pulled away from him, her face bright red from the bold move she pulled off.

“Are you… Confessing to me?” He was nearly at a loss for words as she fell into a short silence.

“I am…” She kept her gaze pointed towards the ground as they spoke. “It’s really bad out there, so if the worst happens.”

“It won’t. He tried to assure her, but even this boy couldn’t confirm that things would go perfectly. “But I can’t believe you feel that way about me.” It was a bit of a stretch for him to think that she’d actually tell him the truth about her feelings. “It’s not just because of the weather is it?”

“You like her, don’t you?” Judging from the fact that he had yet to respond to her confession, it was clear to Ryugi what his answer was going to be. “The class rep is just a better girl than me, isn’t she?”

“She’s someone I hold very dear to me, and this has nothing to do with her.” He replied. “But… I can’t accept your confession.” Ishi never would’ve thought it’d be hard to have to reject someone like her. After all, Ryugi is supposed to be a girl that wasn’t anywhere near his type. So of course his answer would be no, but at the same time he got to discover the type of person she was throughout these past months.

But it was also obvious to him that their relationship would never work out. Her behavior today with her friends, he couldn’t accept that in a girlfriend. So there was only one way for him to properly respond to her. “I’m really sorry, but I really have to get going.”

“Of course.” Ryugi’s broke a bit as a single tear ran down her cheek. “You should go get her… And make sure she’s happy.”

“I keep telling you that she’s not anything special to me.” Not over anyone else, at least. He turned away to head for the exit. Ishi had already spent more time than he was expecting with this confession. So the boy was now in a rush as he went outside.

The moment he stepped out, the icy cold air pierced into his skin. Despite the extra coat, he still felt the chills of being hit with this snow. Not only that, but the weather had also caused the sidewalks to be covered with slippery ice. He had to be careful not to slip and fall, so now he was gravely concerned for Youna’s health.

It was entirely possible for her to have made a mistake and fallen down to the hard ground. Perhaps enough to keep her from being able to move in this weather as he powered his way through the harsh winds.

His vision could hardly see past his hands as he put them to protect his eyes. The boy couldn’t remember the last time he had to deal with something this bad before. But he was willing to tough it out for Youna’s sake. If she truly was in danger than someone was going to have to be the one to step up for her.

The snow had built up so much that walking was a difficult endeavor for someone wearing sneakers. Ishi certainly wasn’t dressed to prepare for this weather. In fact, he really should’ve spent more time getting ready before heading out like this. His own life felt like it was on the edge now being outside in his current state.

What was he thinking? This wasn’t like him as he reflected on his actions. The boy was never the one for such rash ideas, even someone like Ryugi pointed it out to him. But he didn’t care. Still, what prevented him from asking someone like that girl’s parents for help? Surely they’d be more than willing seeing as it was their daughter at stake.

Were they right all along? Did he really put Youna above them all for some unknown reason? As much as he might not be willing to admit it out loud, there was that part of him inside who wanted to be the one to save her. That silly part of his teenage mind that wanted to be that knight in shining armor for his classmate.

Ishi brushed it aside for now. In this moment, he was now outside in freezing temperatures as this storm showed no sign of letting up. The boy followed the path towards the convenience store that she said she’d be going to. He was aware of the building’s location, so the path taken had to be the same one she took to get there.

So far, there had been zero traces of the girl’s presence ever being here. That would make sense in terms of her footprints, as this snow certainly covered over them. Looking back, he could see that his own were already disappearing from view. The next step was to look around to make sure she didn’t get stuck somewhere and was being buried by snow.

“Youna!” He called out, hoping that she’d be able to respond if that was the case. However, all he got were howls from the wind blowing into his face. Hopefully that meant she at least made it to the store.

Speaking of which, he spotted it barely as he walked. The lights were still on, so the employees would definitely be able to help point out if the girl made it here. However, this weather had taken its toll on his body. Despite only being out here for about 10 minutes, his body felt like he had just gone through a marathon.

Ishi’s legs gave way under him as the boy felt himself falling into the snow. He tried his best to push himself up with his arms, but the snow and ice made it difficult to regain his footing.

For some reason, no matter how hard he tried, Ishi couldn’t get back up. Was his limit already reached from this bad weather? No… He didn’t want to die now. Not before he could make sure that Youna was okay. The boy tried once again, but he was unable to find the way to get up on his own.

However, upon reaching out, he did find something. Another hand grabbed onto his as a man’s voice spoke out.

“Ah man, are you all right?” He was asked. Ishi was barely able to speak, but he did respond that he was still conscious. “This isn’t good, come on.” The boy felt his body being dragged along the cold snow. Then, a familiar ringing came as he felt the smooth floor of a store.

“T-thanks.” Ishi spoke as his body shivered from the intense cold his body was subjected to.

“What are you doing in this horrible weather?” The man asked him. It appeared he was the only employee here as the building appeared to be empty otherwise. “I saw you walking along right before you fell. You’re lucky I just happened to be keeping an eye outside.”

“S-sorry.” His ability to speak was hampered by the cold as the boy could hardly keep his teeth from chattering. “My friend… She came here earlier.”

“Your friend?” The man thought for a second. Ishi’s heart sank when he considered the circumstances. He didn’t see her on the way here, but if she didn’t make it… Maybe Youna was the unlucky one between the pair. “A girl with glasses did come in here.”

“There was?” Ishi got up, his body had found strength again due to warming up and from the news he received. “Where is she now?” Right as he asked, the door to the bathroom opened up. From within, Youna walked out still mostly wrapped up from the clothing she wore when she left.

“I-Ishi?” She was utterly shocked to see him here at the store now. “What are you doing here?” The boy didn’t answer her question. He was just too happy to finally see her again that he sprung up onto his feet. Quickly, he rushed up to her and hugged the girl in a tight embrace.

“I’m so glad you’re all right.” He finally said some words to her, but his actions were all she could notice.

“W-well, I-I’m happy to see you… Too.” She stuttered from how flustered she was. This was definitely the closest she had ever been to him in her life. Though their thick clothing certainly kept her from keeping his skin. Youna buried her face into his chest as she attempted to hide her growing red face.

Ishi’s was red too, but that was simply because of the weather. Sure, that’s the excuse.

16