My new Girlfriend is an Idol (Rinse End)
1.5k 34 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ishi was finally finished with his school career, but his true career was only just getting started. That being to take the role of junior producer as by the recommendation from Teruhisa, the head producer. It certainly wasn’t what the boy had in mind when it came to future career prospects. However, he had two very good reasons for accepting the job offer.

The first would be why just about anyone would accept the offer which were the benefits of working in the industry. The other was one that only affected Ishi.

“That was wonderful, Rinse.” He complimented her after the popular idol had finished some practice. “You sound like you’ve gotten a lot better than when we first met.” Indeed, she was talented. Not even the always grumpy Ishi could deny that. However, there seemed to be a new shine in her melody, her tone, her lyrics.

“Well, I’ve been working hard everyday.” She was the one most excited out of everyone when he revealed his job plan. A part of her didn’t expect him to take the job. However, the ability to work alongside together got her hyped up. Even though it wasn’t like he was going to be spending every hour with her.

After all, Ishi was still a junior producer. Which meant he wasn’t going to be working with a veteran like her right off the bat. His clients were going to be mainly younger girls who weren’t even in high school yet, trying to make a name for themselves.

“Wow, you really think I can be like her one day?” A little girl asked him. She was one of the latest among the hopefuls that he was going to be working with as his idol project. “She’s so talented, and she’s a really pretty girl.”

“If you work hard, you might have a shot.” He told her. The boy still maintained his honesty, but the tone felt different for Rinse. Ishi always seemed to be nicer to the younger children in the idol industry, probably because they hadn’t reached the poor age of being a teen in his eyes.

“I guess you’re just the type to prefer little kids.” She commented after he told the girl she could be done for the day.

“When you put it that way, it makes it sound like I’m a bad person.” He responded, though he did get her point. “Anyway, the others should be coming by soon to congratulate me for landing the job.” And they walked in after he made that statement, almost as if it was on cue.

“Wow, being in one of these studios is really something special.” Said Otoya as he and the others came in. After taking his advice, it seemed that both him and Koto were still going on strong with their relationships with Marika and Seyuki. Then there was also Ryugi, Youna, and most importantly, Chinae.

“How’d the auditions go?” Rinse asked her idol best friend. After their school lives ended, Chinae had revealed the truth which shocked the entire idol industry. Of which she stated that Chiana was going to retire so that the real her could shine.

“They went great.” She answered. It seemed that there were going to be a flock of talent coming Ishi’s way to aid in improving the studio’s reputation. “I also hear that someone else other than me is going to work with that guy over there.” While one could view this as a wonderful opportunity to work with a man she liked, there was no way that Chinae would ever consider breaking the trust of someone she knew was her best friend.

“Oh yeah, her name was Rime, right?” The others had been watching the auditions before coming to meet with Rinse and Ishi. One of the studio’s newest idols was another girl who came from their school. It was the same one whom Ishi had criticized during the talent show and it seemed that she would now be one of the new idols under his guide.

“I just started and I already got a group.” He commented on the surprising fact that the idols under his wing were not mainly going to be children. It was also a little bit of a surprise that they’d be the same age as him. “Lucky me.” A sarcastic comment was needed for this situation.

“I bet Rinse is really jealous of you now.” Said Koto, chuckling about his older cousin’s luck. Though it was not something he cared as much anymore, since he now had a girl who really captured his heart.

“Eh, just a little.” She giggled and downplayed the situation. “It’s Ishi we’re talking about, he’s more likely to hate all of them then like.”

“I’m going to be a little more professional than that.” Now that this was a job, and not simply living his school life. Ishi had to be a lot more serious about doing well for everyone’s sake.

“I know you’ll do your best for them.” Youna, even after he broke her heart, was always the one supporting him in every endeavor. “And I hope all the idols you work with have their dreams come true.”

“Thanks, Youna.” It made him feel more confident in his decision to take this job. “It means a lot coming from you.”

“Anyway…” Rinse returned back to why everyone else was still here. “Are we still on for hanging out when we’re done with work?” That was why everyone had come together now. It was going to be a fun party to celebrate Ishi’s, and now Chinae’s, entry into the idol industry.

“We’ll go on ahead and get our reservations.” Said Ryugi. She supposedly knew an amazing spot where her friends had already gone on ahead to secure them a table. “Don’t you two lovebirds keep us waiting forever.”

“I’ve never once been late.” He responded with a cheerful mood. A rarity coming from someone who didn’t like hanging out in public. “I just need to report to the producer. Looks like Rinse can leave with-”

“I’ll keep you company.” She prevented him from giving an excuse of splitting up. A couple should be sticking together, even a pair as different as them.

So they separated from the others and began walking down the hallways towards their boss. “Things surely have gotten a lot more crazy lately.” Rinse spoke her thoughts out loud on their journey.

“It’s funny, really.” He looked over the notes he took from her practice. “When we first met, I would’ve said you would be insane to think I’d become a junior producer.”

“Yeah, and I bet you’d want to kill me for suggesting that we’d end up dating.” She smiled as they remembered their first meeting. When he rudely ignored her friendly greeting by putting on headphones. That wasn’t even a year ago, yet things had changed so much between them.

“And look at us now.” He stopped in his tracks for a moment upon thinking over the matter.

“What’s wrong?” She asked, a little worried that he might consider something wrong with this picture.

“Nothing.” He chuckled. “I just thought it was a little funny with everything that’s happened, there’s still one thing that’s stayed the same.

“And what’s that?”

“That my neighbor’s an idol.” Indeed, since they were working at the studio, he had no need to move out of his house. So they were still living the same lives as they were after she came into his life. Of course, it was nearly impossible to get any privacy due to their parents’ nosy natures.

“Well, our windows are still next to each other.” She mentioned the funny detail that showed him just how forced she was into his life. “So if you’re… Wanting to see me privately, I can come over without them knowing.” Without mentioning the specifics, this was her admitting to him that she was ready at any time to take their relationship to the next level.

“You can come over whenever you want.” He informed her. “I’m only one broom away, but the front door’s always unlocked for you.”

“Then, maybe I can come over after the party?” Rinse slowly walked up to him and placed a hand over his chest.

“I’m not ready to go all the way.” He smiled at how open she was about their relationship. It was things like this that showed him that she was truly the one for him. “But I’m completely ready to do this.” Ishi picked up her chin to direct the girl’s lips into his. The pair quietly engaged in a quiet kiss in what they believed to be a private spot.

“It’s nice to see the two of you not holding back.” Too bad that they weren’t hidden as Teruhisa came along to find where he was for the report.

“Sorry for being a little late.” Ishi handed him the notes, appearing to be uncharacteristically embarrassed over being caught kissing Rinse. “It’s okay if the two of us punch out now, right?”

“Of course.” Their boss let them go enjoy themselves with everyone else. “Have fun.”

“Let’s go Ishi!” Excitedly, Rinse took his hand and led the way out of the studio. “I’m looking forward to spending the night out with you.”

“Heh, right.” He responded. There had never been a moment he could remember being any happier than he was right now. “And I’m looking forward to spending the rest of my life with you.”

Announcement
We've finally reached the end of this story. I've really grateful to those that have stuck around to the end. Thanks so much for your time and comments. This has been such a fun story to write and I'm pretty happy with how things turned out. Words truly can't express how I feel right now.

Since we're finally done with the story, I also have a poll asking what routes you enjoyed reading. Just to see where people stand on it, and don't forget that you can vote on more than just one. Also I'd love to hear comments on what you'd like to see from me in the future. I've got some plans for things I need to work on both here and other sites I post. So I can't guarantee I'll take every, or even any, suggestion sent my way any time soon.

Also for those curious, I consider Rinse to be the real end girl. From a storyline perspective and from how their character's developed, it makes sense to me. Though the others do make strong compelling arguments for being the right girl for Ishi, so don't let my opinion discourage you or make you think the others got the short end of the stick. There's absolutely a good future with any one of them.

Otherwise, have a wonderful rest of your day/night/evening/etc.

Routes you liked?
  • Rinse's Votes: 83 78.3%
  • Youna's Votes: 43 40.6%
  • Chinae's Votes: 53 50.0%
  • Ryugi's Votes: 33 31.1%
Total voters: 106
25