Chapter 1- Beginning of The Trials
616 3 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dark, So Dark, Ah so heavy, my body….
I, I have to do something, something? What was I supposed to do again? So heavy my body, escape, I need to…

Dust caressed my hand as I raised it. A glimmer of light, a small glimmer of light, passed through my eyes until it got covered by dust again.

Chase the light! I remember I need to chase the light, using all strength I crawled above.

Clang! Clang! Clang!

“Kill the Monsters!!!” “March Forward To Victory”

“Kill the Humans!!!”

Roar!!!!!!

Monster? Humans? What are they saying?

A Grim sight lay in front, Man killing Monsters, Monsters killing Man, Man killing man.
Baffled by sight, I yearned for answers. Who were these people? Why were they fighting?
But more than that, I simply wanted to look at the sky, the bright sun. It gave off a sense of peace even in the middle of the chaos.

Gyaa!
“Soo…painfu…” A lurching voice came from below. Looking down, there was a woman, one of her arms missing, torso torn apart, broken armor covered in blood. She was struggling.
A human! Yes, I remember, kill the humans, like a command encrypted in my brain, suddenly all I could think was kill the humans.

Looking below, one of my hands held a sword,

Yes, kill the human. I’m a slave. Kill for my master.
Gripping the sword, I pierced her skull using that sword. Blood spattered around.

A sound echoed from the sky. It said, “You killed a Human Mage.”

I did, but why? Why did I have to kill?


Name: N/A

Title: Servant of the Necromancer

Gender: N/A

Race: Undead Skeleton


A couple of texts floated in midair. What’s this? I asked myself.

The light suddenly dimmed like something had overshadowed the sun. In front, I saw a giant black ball surrounded by golden flames. Then a thunderous sound came, then………….

.

.

Dark, So Dark, Ah so heavy, my body….

Ah, I have been here before; I realized and crawled up.

The land previously surrounded by ridges was now bare land, but more than that, balls, transparent blue balls, golden balls, black balls, green balls, around the balls, I could see dim light taking a form, form of the beings I previously saw, like the giant green thing, humans, serpents, undead they drifted in the air,

All of them were floating up like they were ascending towards the sun. Looking at the sun, I felt envious, felt an urge of wanting to grab it.

No matter how much I stretched my hand, I could not grab it. All I could see was sunlight passing through my fingers and reaching my face.

The sudden wind brushed my bones. Suddenly the orbs in the sky drifted like a tornado.

“Eh?”

And in the center of the spiral was my body.
For a moment, I lost my vision. My chest felt light and warm.
There was a golden orb in the middle of my chest,
“#@#@#@#@#” My head feels dizzy.

What was I doing again?
A vision appeared before my eyes. It was like I was seeing through the eyes of someone else. I could see a man on top of the ridge.

Yes, I need to kill him, protect the kingdom, slay the necromancer. Yes, that’s what I need to do.

The vision of my eyes changed. This time I could see a man climbing up the ridge while slaying the undead,

Yes, I need to kill him, kill the heroes. I am the one who stands atop of all; I am the last Necromancer.

The vision changed again. This time was a soldier fighting the undead orc. Then again, the vision changed. This time, it was the undead killing of humans.
It kept on changing and changing.

Protect the kingdom! Destroy the kingdom! Save the world! Rule the world! Make an army of the undead! Take advantage of the war and kill the heroes of other nations!

I don’t want to die! I don’t want to die! I don’t want to die! I don’t want to die!

Countless emotions jumbled in my head. Were they mine? Were they someone else? I did not know; The emotions tried to get out like numerous needles were poking from within, trying to get out. The pain was immense.


  • [Immense Surge of Life Force has Gathered]


Like the sky itself had spoken, a voice came from above, it said, “Immense Surge of Life Force has Gathered.” The voices in my head died down, the visions stopped, finally, I had gained some rationality.


  • [You have Met The Conditions]

  • [The Dungeon Entrance will Now Open]


What?
The ground beneath my feet had disappeared, a giant hole had opened up, and I was in the center.
After that, I fell, kept falling, for hours, maybe days, and when my body hit the ground, the impact broke all my bones and scattered my body.


  • [You have died]

  • [One Soul Consumed: Remaining - 15987]

  • [Starting Resurrection]

  • [Resurrection Complete]


My head was dizzy, and the voice, I hear it again, the calming voice,

My hands looked fine. Standing up, I realized my body was unharmed. Just a few sec ago, my body had got scattered.

Surprised by what was going on, I tried to rationalize my thought.

Looking around, it was darkness everywhere—no sign of light or sound. I was not too fond of that.


  • [Your Trial Will Now Begin]


That voice again, I looked around to see where it came from.


  • [1st Trial: Find The Dungeon]


No matter how hard I tried, to could not find where it originated from. It was like it echoed from all directions.


  • [Walk or Run, Emptiness is all you will find, In The End, Hope you shall find]

  • [Reward On Completion: Night Vision] [Penalty Upon Failure: Eternal Solitude]


Huh? what?

Since the moment I woke, strange things have happened, the battle, then orbs, then the falling, and now what? A trial?

What’s the purpose of all that?

And the thoughts, the thoughts in my head! The voices reappeared in my head. This time all the voices said one thing,
Survive! Survive! Survive! Survive! Survive! Survive! Survive! Survive! Survive! Survive! Survive!

Yes, Survive! I need to survive.

“Walk or Run, Emptiness is all you will find, In The End, Hope you shall find,” So then I need to find the dungeon, that’s the trial, so be it.

I walked for hours, but there was nothing in different directions. All sides seemed to have no end, I see nothingness, so if I don’t find the dungeon, I will be stuck here forever. That’s what it meant from Eternal Solitude.

The entrance should be found if I follow one of the directions, but which side? All sides seem empty. How could I know the right direction?

Argh! My head hurts again. I saw another vision,

It was a room, a class, what’s this? Students? My vision was not clear.
“So, how do we escape a dungeon?” A voice, who is it? I struggled to look in front, a board,

“A Dungeon is a place filled with monsters. Made from the malice. The deeper you go deeper the malice you will find”

I remember now; they taught this in the academy, Argh!! my head

“You are going to learn a spell. If you ever get stuck in a dungeon, use it to escape.”

Yes, the spell, I remember it.

“Guide the fallen, and show the path, Creation Magic: Abscond Butterfly.”

It formed a small butterfly; it flew in front,

This place probably has no escape. The butterfly flew away from the dungeon, so I walked towards the opposite side of its path.

How long had passed? No one could tell. There was no light, no way to separate day and night. All I could do was keep walking with a shimmer of hope that I will find the dungeon?

With my two feet, I kept on walking, step by step. That’s when it happened. When one of my steps reached the ground, bright red markings appeared on the floor.


  • Congratulation, you have discovered a dungeon!

  • You are the first one to discover this dungeon!

Title: [Dungeon Seeker] obtained.

  • [You have passed the first trial]

New Skill [Night Vision Level.1] learned.

  • [2nd Trial: Clear The Dungeon]

  • [Reward On Completion:????] [Penalty on Failure: Eternal Solitude]


Ah, not this again

 
 
28