Chapter 7 – Going Home
134 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bonar was walking home in a huff. 

But as the trip would take 2 days, he slowly cooled down, and instead wondered what he would tell his father.

His father Arkad would be so disappointed, he thought.

As he walked the lonely path, he decided to take a bath at a nearby lake since he was covered in the gore of the many monsters he killed in anger.

He stripped and entered the cool water, washing himself and his clothes at the same time.

The cool water put him in a good mood, he didn't even notice a giant crocodile creeping up to him as washed himself in the still pond. It was over 20 feet long and hungry.

Suddenly, the creature pounced out of the water, aiming to chomp down on Bonar's top half of his body, killing him in one bite.

Bonar reacted instantly, grabbing the top and bottom jaw of the monster.

But no matter how many times stronger than an average man Bonar was, the giant crocodile's bite strength exceeded 5000 pounds per square inch (PSI)!

Bonar struggled to keep the jaws open and his hand holding it open was pierced by the monster's teeth.

Unable to hold it open directly against the monster's jaw strength, instead he twisted the mouth, one counter clockwise and the other clockwise.

The monster made a strange sound, never before heard from a giant crocodile, more like a chirp crocodiles make when they are babies and both upper and lower jaw went different directions.

And because crocodile skulls are formed in a particular way, the top half and bottom half of its skull was ripped apart as well. 

"Bastard" Bonar cursed as he threw away the lower half and kicked the top half. 

His whole foot went through the monster's skull, exiting out of the top of it's skull, right through the brains

As he stomped the skull attached to his foot, it twisted the crocodile upside down and he drag it to the road.

He looked at his bloody hands and cursed. Half his clothes had vanished in the water too, leaving only his kilt.

"You're gonna repay me for this" he said as he started ripping off the crocodile skin, pulling the skin off like one would peel off a frog's skin.

After 15 minutes, he had physically ripped out the flesh and bones of the crocodile, leaving what looked like a crocodile skin onesie that sort of fit him, except for the empty tail which spanned half the monster's body.

Dried the skin after washing it out, placing it on a rock next to his washed kilt. He sat naked while barbequing the crocodile meat.

As he sat eating a large piece of meat, he scratched his back using the lower jawbone of the croc. 

The next morning, he woke up early and put on the kilt and hung the skin over his shoulder

All around him were dead carcasses of wolves looking for an easy meal. They picked the wrong victim.

--

A day later, he approached the house of house of his neighbors the Hartlet's, a farm half a day's walk from his house.

It was surprisingly quiet. Usually, the Hartlet's would be busy on their farm as it was a large household with Mr Hartlet and his wife, his 3 sons and their wives and 15 grandchildren, all older than the 14 year old Bonar

But something felt strange, and suddenly he saw several of them running out of the house towards him.

However, unlike their normal cheerful selves, they had pale grey skin, their eyes were rolled up and they groaned rather than talk

"Zombies" Bonar said as the oldest son arrived first

He smashed its face with his fist, caving his skull in.

But the zombie continued trying to claw at him, disregarding the face that he no longer had a face.

The zombie was strong, much stronger than an average man, but Bonar was stronger, throwing him away like a rag doll

One of the female grandchildren arrived and tried to jump on Bonar but he kicked her right between her legs, causing her to fly upwards with her pelvis broken in half.

As she landed, her legs spread apart in an awkward manner, and she struggled to stand up as nothing held her lower half structurally together.

Another zombie charged, and he used a favorite move of his, spinning around it while delivering a spinning back kick to the next zombie, smashing its chest and causing it to fly at the other zombies

Then he grabbed the skull of the zombie he spun around, crushing its skull and throwing the whole zombie like a ball, crashing into another zombie.

The first zombie he punched got up and attacked again, even when his face was caved in and Bonar grabbed both arms trying to claw him and kicked his chest like the other zombie

The chest completely caved in and the body flew away, but Bonar still retained his arms that were ripped off. 

The arms continued trying to claw him, and as his hands were still wounded, he decided not to play with the zombie hands and threw them away.

15 minutes later, Bonar stood on the corpses of the Hartlets. He had smashed every bone in every part of all the zombie bodies.

Small finger bones were still wriggling around, but he couldn't be bothered with those

"I wonder who did this to them?" he said out loud

Then he suddenly panicked. His parents!

He ran with all his might to reach home as soon as possible.

It took him an hour rather than half a day as he sprinted the whole way at speeds faster than a man should be able to run

"Mom! Dad!" he yelled running through the house

From outside, he heard a conversation

"It's impressive you can fight back. Now you die" a creepy voice was heard

His father screamed as the door exploded with Bonar's kick

"Who?" the shrouded mage turned around, his hand on Arkad's head

He let go of Arkad, who collapsed on the ground, leaving only a skeleton

Arkad's sword fell from his hand as his skeleton broke into pieces

"Dad!" Bonar cried as he pounced on the mage

The hooded mage turned around and as Bonar grabbed him, he touched Bonar's arms

Bonar screamed in pain as his very lifeforce was drained from him

He kicked the mage in the chest, smashing right through his frail body, exiting out his back.

The mage's body was a skeleton underneath the cloak! It was a lich!

Lich or not, Bonar was not going to stand this being in his house.

A lich cannot truly die unless its phylactery is destroyed.

But Bonar didn't care about that. The body that was here, he would destroy like the zombie bodies of the Hartlets.

It didn't even take 5 minutes for Bonar to rip the lich to pieces. Even if it didn't die, and its body could recover, he was going to destroy every bone until it stops regenerating. 

He stomped on the last finger bone, turning it to dust in his anger

Finally, he saw a figure move in the shadows.

"Mum?" he called out as the woman rushed to him and hugged him

He hugged her familiar figure back

It was then he felt a bite on his neck!

A chuck from his neck was bitten off, and he felt his open flesh burn.

"Oh... mum" he said as tears fell down from his eyes.

He hugged her tightly, crushing all the bones in her zombie body.

4