Chapter 13 – Hallmark
126 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bonar threw away the bone of the drumstick he was eating as he stood at the top of the hill. 

The drumstick was even longer than he was tall, and he licked his fingers as he looked over the vast city of Hallmark. 

Hallmark was a prosperous city, comparable in size to the Capital City of Gloryshine. 

It was so large, he could not see the borders on the other side, even if he was standing on the tall hill. 

It was good that he no longer had to relieve himself, as he had a good breakfast of bird meat and eggs. The alroune now removed and ate his waste directly from his bowels and drank directly from his bladder as it had entered both holes in his body

His stomach was not bulging although he ate so much, and he had already recovered to his usual bulky, muscular condition. 

"Hallmark, here I come!" he said as he followed the road to the end of his current journey. 

He has never been that far from home before, but life is an adventure!

He was stopped at the gate by a guard. 

"Halt! State your purpose" the guard said

"I am just travelling to see the world. I just came from Heritage!" Bonar said, looking down on the guard who was half a head shorter than he was. 

"I see. That will be 5 copper coins" the guard said

"Five copper? I don't know if I have any copper coins. How much is that in gold?" he asked as he dropped his huge bag on the ground and opened it, trying to find if he had any copper coins.

1 gold coin was worth 100 silver coins, and one silver coin was worth 100 copper coins.  

So one gold coin was worth 10000 copper coins, a good monthly wage for a comfortable official. 

The guard gulped hard as Bonar took out five gold coins. 

"Can I pay with 5 gold coins instead?" he asked

The guard nodded and quickly hid the coins and hurried Bonar in. 

"A quick word of advice. It's probably best if you keep your gold in a bank. That way you don't have to carry it around all the time" the guard smiled. 

"What is a bank?" Bonar asked

"A bank is a place where you keep your money, and they will give you a card where you can take out your money in any bank branches in all the big cities" he said

"That sounds convenient. Thanks! I'll do that. Here's a tip" Bonar said, handing over another 2 gold coins. 

"Any time... " the guard said as he watched the young man walk off. 

Bonar had handed him 7 gold coins, much more than the 4 gold coins he earns annually as a guard. 

But he had plans for the young man.

It was obvious he was incredibly strong, being able to lift such a large amount of gold.

But he didn't need to rob him of the physical gold.

Once he deposited the gold in the bank, he only needed to steal his card.

And he knew just the right people for the job.

--

Bonar left the bank carrying only his spear and his bank card.

Jasmine opened a pocket for him in the leaves in front of his chest to keep the card, plus another 20 coins in another pocket for him to spend freely.

He walked to the mercenary guild, to register as a mercenary and take a few missions.

He didn't really need the money. but taking missions expanded his mind, letting him know more of the world.

Before this, all he knew was his home, the town of heritage and the DragonGrave Forest.

This was the first time he's come as far as Hallmark, and he didn't know anyone nor anywhere.

A pretty receptionist greeted him at the large mercenary guild hall.

She wore glasses, had her hair tied into a bun, and she wore a skirt and white blouse, looking quite professional

She was quite attractive, but with Jasmine now, his boner was kept in check as the alraune kept his balls drained and hid his massive erection. This was another advantage that he had now.

That being said, Jasmine couldn't hide his cock completely, as it was impossible to flatten his penis. It still looked like a normal person's erect dick straining against his pants, but at least it didn't show his full monstrous size

But if he ever took off his Jasmine to have sex, his massive erection would immediately shoot up in all its glory if he wanted do

"I would like to register as a mercenary" he said

"Do you need help?" she asked.

"I can write my name myself" he said as he picked up his pen.

After struggling for a few minutes, she handed the form back to her.

"Well, er... Boner..." she squinted her eyes to read his writing

"Yeah that's more or less it" he answered

"Er.. how old are you?" she asked

"I was 14.. two years ago. So I'm not sure" he said

"16 it is then" she said, writing it down for him in his form.

"Well... her is your name tag, you will be ranked at E class as a beginner" she said

"Thank you... er... what's your name?" he asked

"I'm Catherine. I wish you good luck Boner..: she finally smiled

Bonar walked up to the message board and slowly mouthed out the words.

Rank E missions are the boring ones.

Unlike in Heritage, there was no "tutorial" missions with higher ranked mercenaries.

There were several E rank missions there, including escorting missions, collecting ingredients, delivering messages, and hunting lower level creatures.

He would like to take escorting missions where he would be able to travel, but he was hungry and he wanted to take a hunting mission. There were several of such missions and he read through them slowly.

"Eradicate goblins, no they taste awful. Hunt down bandits, no I don't eat humans. Hunt wind wolves....I have eaten dire wolves, but not windwolves. Lets go with that. Hmmm.. storm bear running wild. I will take that too" he said as he pulled both missions off the wall.

He showed them to Catherine the receptionist.

"Hmmm.... we don't ban anyone from taking more than one mission. But if you take a mission, someone else cannot take the same mission. So if you fail, or don't complete it in the time period, you will have to pay the guild fees of 50% of the reward sum. Do you understand that?" she asked

"Yes. Thank you" Bonar said. He didn't really understand what 50% of the reward meant, but he wasn't going to fail anyway. 

A day later, he returned with the fangs of the wind wolves and the claws of the storm bear, as proof of completing the mission as stated in the mission.

"You... you're done? And so many wind wolves! You will be paid per wolf, and the pelt of the wolf and bears can be sold to the tanner at the edge of the city." Catherine said

"I can sell the pelts? Damn! I didn't think of keeping them" he said

"What? You better show me the missions you take next time. I'll tell you what other extra things you could do to make more money off each mission" Catherine said. 

"Thanks" Bonar said with a smile as he took a few more missions. 

--

"That woman is strange" Jasmine said in Bonar's head

"What do you mean?" he asked

"From the moment you met her, she has been attacking you with some sort of charm spell. I've been neutralizing it with pheromones" Jasmine said. 

"Really? As long as she doesn't do me harm, she can flirt with me all she wants. Maybe I'll give it to her hard if she pushes too much" Bonar said, walking towards his mission. 

--

"... yes Guild master. He's been completing two to three missions a day, all of them hunting ones, and bringing a abundant harvest of evidence to claim from the mission givers..." Catherine said, a few days later.

"He isn't cheating is he?" the guild master asked, sitting in the shadows. 

"No I don't think so" Catherine answered

"Ok. So where is he now?" the guild master asked

"He finally took a escorting mission. He's escorting the Priest Father Donan to Eveningtown" Catherine responded

"Oh? Did he say why?" the guildmaster asked

"He said he wanted to explore... and that he was full... whatever that means" Catherine said

"Well then. Let's monitor him for the next month or so" the guild master said and disappeared from the office. 

Catherine nodded and bowed to the empty chair before leaving. 

 

6