Chapter 21 – Sent Away
101 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bonar looked at the dangling skeleton, moving around randomly as it was hung in a glass cabinet, in the middle of the mercenary guild hall. 

"Is this really the best place to put it?" he asked Catherine, who was standing next to him. 

"It would take someone very powerful or very foolish to try and steal this in the middle of the guild hall. The guild master himself will act if this was the case" Catherine said. 

"And the guild master..." Bonar started asking

"Busy.. the guild master has many things to settle after this mission. But here is your Gold token. Congratulations! You're now an A ranker!" Catherine smiled, giving him a golden token, a symbol of his new rank. 

"Congratulations!" Voltar said with a smile as the others who took the mission with him surrounded him. 

Astalan, Matthaeus, and their other surviving team members like Sierra, surrounded him and congratulated him. 

Only the Enchantress was missing, but he knew he would see her later that night. He had so many things to ask her. 

"By the way Voltar... Lord Diyana Rugulus has a request for you" Catherine said

"Yes?" Voltar replied

"He wants you to investigate the disappearance of the giant eagle Cloudsoarer, the symbol of our city" Catherine said.

"That won't be a problem. I will leave straight away" Voltar said

He smiled and congratulated Bonar again, before heading out.

Bonar was treated to drinks by his newfound friends, celebrating before walking back the brothel.

"Going to partake in some fun. brother Boner?" Astalan asked, walking with Matthaeus and the other male members of their party 

"Yes. I usually need release after a tough mission" Bonar smiled

"I can see that" Astalan laughed. Bonar's erection was difficult to hide, even with his vine suit.

They entered and saw Madam Marisa.

"Good evening sirs. Hello Boner... your regular?" she asked

"Er... yes" Bonar smiled

"You have a regular girl? Don't get too attached, unless she will leave to business to marry you. Otherwise, only heartache awaits you" Matthaeus advised.

Bonar smiled and waved them off after they selected their girls.

--

"So, would you not want to get attached to a whore like me?" Morgan asked, teasing him as he entered her room.

She was naked, and back to her normal self, without horns and wings.

Bonar's clothes made from Jasmine disappeared on his body as he approached her. 

"Where are your.." Bonar asked, touching her head.

"You prefer me in succubus form?" she asked

"Well maybe. As a succubus, why didn't you suck me dry? Isn't that what succubi do?" Bonar asked

"You think I didn't? Your lifeforce is so... robust. It is endless and I don't seem to have depleted you no matter how much I sucked out of you. 

Why do you think I have fallen for you? I now have a lover that lasts, and I can love for a long time. 

All my previous lovers die after a great session. You know how unsatisfying that is?" Morgan asked

"So.. a succubus looking for love?" Bonar laughed. 

"I am sure that is why your... alraune thinks the same way, which is why she bonded to you" Morgan said

"You knew?" Bonar asked

"Not initially. But after seeing the battle with the bone dragon, it made sense why I felt the plant essence in you when I first met you. What else are you? You are such a curiosity" she smiled, holding his erect dick and pulling him to bed. 

She already knew of his history, of being found in an orc village, a baby of a dead elf or half elf. 

She had theorized that he was part orc due to the size of his cock and his strength that nearly matched hers. 

But that doesn't explain his life force, nor his immunity to the death dweller curse, or many more odd things.  

He's never told her about Skirville, nor even about the alraune. 

But whatever it was, Bonar could not explain it to her. It wasn't as if he was lying, but he didn't know himself what the dragon blood, heart and flesh gave him. 

They made love throughout the night, enjoying each other's company after a hard fought mission. 

--

The next day, Voltar returned with his report. 

According to his report, the great eagle Cloudsoarer, the symbol of the city, has been hunted and killed, and its eggs were all broken. 

He ruled out attacks by other animals, as there was evidence of the carcass being cooked over a campfire. 

Furthermore, there was evidence of the thigh bone in the forest just outside Hallmark, and that the culprit probably entered Hallmark. 

However, the killing of the famous creature happened months ago, and the tracks became muddled as the culprit's tracks were mixed up with the daily traffic in the city. 

The report caused and outrage, with the citizens baying for blood. 

After giving the report, Voltar left for another city, his mission over. 

Bonar bade his farewells and had a dinner with Astalan and Matthaeus before they too departed from the city. 

Neither Voltar, Astalan or Matthaeus and their groups were from Hallmark. They had only come for the mission requesting S Ranks. 

The only resident S class here was the Enchantress, and the secretive guild master. 

When Bonar heard about the report, he was shocked. After all, he was the culprit!

The outrage grew day by day, as citizens protested in the streets and forced the city lord to issue a warrant for the arrest of the criminal. 

Not knowing what to do about it, that night, he confided in Morgan.

She looked at him incredulously, before nodding and saying that she would handle it with her connections. 

--

The next morning, Catherine saw the subdued Bonar walking into the guild and told her that the guild master had summoned him. 

Hesitantly, he walked up to the guild master's office, knocked and entered. 

The guild master sat on a chair, hidden in the shadows as Bonar entered. 

"Er..greetings guild master. My name is Bonar" he said

"I know.." the guild master leaned forwards into the light and smiled. 

"Mo...Morgan? You're the guild master?" Bonar was stunned. 

"Yes. I am. I am also the city lord Diyana Rugulus and the leader of the criminal underworld, the Dark Hand. Having lived for so long, I have many roles in this city. But ultimately I hold the reigns on every aspect of the city" she said. 

"Since you know that I ate Cloudsoarer.... what do you want of me?" he asked, still stunned at Morgan's admission.

"Boner, Boner, Boner... don't you know you are more precious to me than that old eagle? I know how ignorant you were before I met you, hunting your own food before you knew of the existence of restaurants.

But the city is outraged. So I will send you out on a S Class examination until the city calms down" she said

"S class examination?" he asked. He remembered that Ariana too had gone on a S Class examination

"Yes. Find another Giant Eagle and bring it to nest here, restoring the symbol of Hallmark. It will take many years, because you will have to travel the world to find another one.

The journey will sate your wonderlust, and hopefully bring you back to me, a fully matured man" she smiled

"You... you want me to leave?" Bonar asked, in shock

"Not really. But I think you need to leave, to grow strong. I am immortal, so I will always be here. 

Even if you fail and one day want a place to settle down and die, I will be here waiting for you. 

And if you do become powerful and famous, remember, I will be looking out for the house of Boner Hardcock. 

If you have established yourself as such, perhaps I will leave my responsibilities in Hallmark and follow you" she smiled, kissing him on the lips. 

Bonar really didn't want to leave. But Morgan was right. 

His heart yearned to leave, but he was not ready yet. 

However, with the outrage in the city growing, it was probably the right time. 

As Morgan said, a few years on the road would be good for him. 

And she would always be there for him when he returned. 

--

The next day, after a night of non stop sex, the last time in a long time, he stood at her room door with tears in his eyes. 

He was dressed in Jasmine as usual, but now looking better as she had imitated a more modern style of leather armor. 

On his right hip was his tattered looking storage bag. 

But on his right hand, Morgan had given him a storage ring. 

Storage rings were expensive items and only the nobility or high ranking mages owned one. 

His spear was in his ring for quick access as were his bank card and around 10,000 gold coins, but he would use his storage bag for normal stuff like his food rations and such. 

"Come on. This is not forever. You're not a small boy. Turn around, don't look back and go!" she said

"I'm not a boy. I love you" he said as he turned around and left without turning back. 

"I love you too" Morgan said with tears in her eyes that she didn't want him to see. 

6