Chapter 28 – Daphne’s E Rank Test
96 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How did she die?" Bonar asked

"She attempted the S Ranked dungeon called the Dungeon of Everwinter. No one has ever completed it. 

She went in with a group of A Rankers. Out of all of then, only Ramdar returned alive" she said, showing him a list of 7 people including Ariana. 

All their names were crossed out, with only Ramdar's name uncrossed. However, the mission was deemed a failure and nobody passed the test.

"I want to take this mission" Bonar suddenly said

"I am sorry... only A Rankers can..." the receptionist started when Bonar showed her his gold token.

"Then that is acceptable" she said

"I'm going too" Daphne's cute voice said next to Bonar

"Is she an A rank too?" the receptionist asked

"No. I want to register her today" Bonar said

"Then she will only start as an E Ranker. But she will need to take an exam first to see if she's qualified" the receptionist said

Daphne pouted but Bonar convinced her

"Daphne. You need to do this on your own. As we travel, you'll take missions and progress until you are my level, so we can take missions together. I know your abilities. You can do this" Bonar said

"Then one of the guild members here will test her" the receptionist said

They were brought to the training ground and people gathered around.

Seeing people fail was a favorite pastime in Desivir.

"Are you ready?" Bonar asked

"Always" Daphne smiled

A scrawny guy with an eye missing grinned as he saw Daphne enter the sparring area.

"So who is this little girl?" he sneered as he took out his dagger

"Someone that will kick your ass" Daphne answered as she got into a fighting stance

"No weapon?" he asked, twirling his dagger

"No need" she said as she started moving around with her footwork.

"Where did she learn that? Looking good" Bonar thought

The crowd laughed at her answer and the one eyed man got angry and stabbed at her with his dagger.

Daphne dodged smoothly with her feet like a professional boxer, with the man barely missing her.

But his other hand suddenly slapped her with a backhand, causing her to fly backwards, rolling on the ground.

She immediately got to her feet, her face stinging and her eyes teary.

But she looked angry and determined, holding her face.

He lunged again, but instead of dodging, she punched him in the face

"Ow" Daphne said as her wrist bent wrongly.

Her movement and technique was textbook perfect.

Unfortunately, she was too small and he was a battle hardened mercenary.

"Not bad, little girl" the man said, rubbing his chin and stabbed at her again

Again she dodged, but using the hand holding the dagger, he hit the other side of her face with the butt of the dagger

"What are you doing?" Bonar gritted his teeth, wondering why Daphne didn't summon rats or something.

"This is not the place for little girls" he said, charging again.

Daphne dodged, but at the same time flickered her fingers at his one good eye, causing him to flinch.

She rolled in between his legs and grabbed his balls from behind, squeezing and yanking them hard

The man screamed in pain as he tried to grab her hand to stop her squeezing

She immediately released his balls and kicked it with all her might.

All the male spectators flinched and crossed their legs at the same time as the man fell on his face, unconscious.

Daphne smiled with her hands raised and ran to Bonar

"Are you alright?" he asked, looking at the red marks on both sides of her face.

"Yes... I'm fine" she said although her face was starting to swell. 

He pulled her to the side where nobody could see and a tentacle appeared from his palm, healing her face as it touched her. 

By the time they turned back, her face was completely healed. 

The receptionist gave Daphne a E rank iron token and Bonar asked for the mission as well as the location of Ramdar to ask him questions. 

"I can give you the mission, but as for Ramdar... you can find him in the Horse's Piss, a bar at the seedy end of town" she said. 

Bonar thanked her as they left. 

Before looking for the Horse's Piss, Bonar booked an inn near the guild called the Dog's Bollocks and booked a nice room with two beds, a bath and toilet. 

Bonar made sure to include it for her. He also went shopping, getting her proper leather armors and gear, as well as weapons of her choice, which she picked a shortsword. 

"Why... why are you getting me all these? Are you leaving me?" she asked as she started to tear up. 

"No....dear Daphne. I am going for a dangerous mission, and I cannot bring you. In the meantime, I have paid for this room for 2 weeks, including all 3 meals. You are to take and complete as many missions as you can safely take and level up as much as you can within this 2 weeks. 

He touched her current armor and the vines wiggled around a little before stopping. 

"I've made alterations told to Jasmine. Your armor now has limited intelligence not only to take your waste, but also to protect you in case of surprise attacks. 

I have also bought you new clothes in case the plants expire somehow." he said as he passed her a brand new storage bag

"This is my present for your passing the E Rank test. Inside are the clothes we bought, and your sword. There is 200 gold in there, well enough to live off for a year or two... just in case something happens to me" he said

"No... you'll come back to me safely" she said hugging him tightly. 

"Anyway, be wary always. And maybe keep some rats nearby you at all times" he said

"I know" she smiled

"Then why didn't you use your powers to beat that guy?" Bonar asked

"I didn't want anyone to know my abilities. It would put a target on my back, especially when you are not around" she winked at him. 

Bonar nodded and smiled, rubbing her hair. He suspected that this girl might be smarter than him... if such a thing is even possible. 

He left to look for Ramdar, but didn't get any useful information from him. 

He had fled when things went to hell, and had barely survived escaping the dungeon, leaving everyone else to die. 

Bonar couldn't stand such people, and left before he bashed his face in. 

 

 

5