Chapter 38 – Daphne’s Fury
84 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"BONER!" Daphne kept screaming in tears 

She stood up with her face full of tears and snot and ran to Manty

"S...stop her!" Carolyn said

Before anyone could react Manty charged into the orc army.

"Help her!" Carolyn screamed

The guards fired their arrows, but were not able to do anything

Charging out of the fortress would mean certain death with no benefits. 

Manty killed multiple orcs. But like Bonar, it was completely overwhelmed by the battle crazed orcs and within moments, it was buried under the sea of orcs together with Daphne. 

"Why aren't you doing anything?" Carolyn yelled

Astalan patted her shoulder, shaking his head. 

Suddenly, the noble orc screamed, and the city guards looked their direction. 

Orcs were flying everywhere as if being swatted around. 

Bodies of orcs flew everywhere, but the movement didn't head towards the city but away as orcs continued to fly left and right like they were swatted away like flies. 

"Is it Boner?" Carolyn asked

"No...I don't know... " Astalan said.

The orcs let out another cheer.  

By now they could see the dead remains of Manty as the orcs paraded its severed body parts on their spears. 

Carolyn looked away in tears. 

"No... look!" Astalan said

In the middle of the orcs, a purple blob was surrounded by orcs. 

They were hitting it, poking it, trying to cut it, but nothing could penetrate it. 

It was Pokey, and within it's body was Daphne who was sitting on the floor hugging her knees. 

"Daphne!" Carolyn screamed. 

"We can't do anything right now. Maybe a night mission.." Lochland suggested. 

"My Boner! My Manty!" a little girl's voice could be heard as she stood up and stared at the orcs. 

She stood inside Pokey, completely naked besides her storage bag, as her clothes had wilted away when Bonar was defeated. 

They continued trying to harm her, but Pokey was indestructible. 

"What is she doing?" Lochland asked

"I don't know" Carolyn said

"MY BONER!" she screamed at the top of her lungs

Suddenly, they felt the ground trembling.

"What's going on?" Lochland asked

Suddenly, the people in the city started screaming

"Rats! So..many rats!" a woman screamed and fainted.

People started jumping onto furniture as hundreds of thousands of rats ran like a giant moving carpet, moving around people and furniture, but in the same direction out of the city.

Thousands upon thousand of rats poured out of the sewage tunnels leading out of the city.

A sea of rats appeared from the city and charged at the orc army.

"The horses are running wild!" somebody screamed as horses from all over the city charged at the city gate.

Thousands of cats climbed the city walls and jumped off like the Strength Metal group did and dogs joined the horses charging the city walls.

The horses gathered at the city gates and started kicking the gates with their back legs. 

"The horses... they'll kill themselves.. what do we.." a soldier asked

"Open the gates!" Lochland ordered 

"What.." the guard was shocked

"Now!" Lochland ordered.

The horses, dogs and other domestic animals charged out and joined the battle. 

Outside, the rats were overwhelming the orcs in front, eating flesh and bones, leaving nothing left. 

"Look!" Astalan pointed

From behind the orc army, a multitude of wild beasts were attacking the orcs. It was a beast horde stampede. 

All sorts of animals, from wild wolves, bears and elk to more powerful creatures like cockatrices, hippogriffs, giant snakes and even a basilisk. 

From the air, all sorts of birds attacked, from sparrows and hawks, to eagles and falcons. 

"It's that girl's doing?" Lochland asked

"That's Boner's sister, alright" Astalan said as he laughed. 

The battle lasted throughout the night with the humans not lifting a finger. 

The next morning, there were bodies everywhere. Orcs, rats and a multitude of other animals lay dead all around the city walls. 

They found Daphne still standing, surrounded by Pokey. 

As Astalan approached, Pokey released Daphne, who passed out and Pokey rested on her chest. 

Astalan quickly picked her up and brought her back to Carolyn to take care of. 

They continued searching, but they could not find Bonar's body. 

--

"How is she doing?" Astalan asked

"She hasn't recovered consciousness. Any news on Boner?" Carolyn asked

"No.. there are so many bodies... many eaten by rats. We're still looking, but..." he couldn't continue. 

"Incredible! Just incredible! It was a total victory... if the Emperor knows about this girl.." Lochland said

"NO! You will not tell the emperor about this little girl. She's a child!" Carolyn said

"I agree. She's too young to be anyone's weapon" Astalan said

"But she has nowhere to go. The army would.." Lochland started

"No. She is staying with me as my ward" Carolyn said

"And who are you to stop the Royal Army?" Lochland started throwing around his authority

"Does the Goldchilde Family mean anything to you?" Carolyn asked

"G..Goldchilde??" Lochland stuttered. 

"Yes... maybe I didn't introduce myself. I am Carolyn Goldchilde, the eldest daughter of William Goldchilde" Carolyn curtsied and smiled. 

Astalan laughed and walked away. 

"As you wish then" Lochland said as he bowed his head and left as well.

--

"Boner... Boner... BONER!" Daphne mumbled in her sleep before she suddenly woke up. 

Where was she? She was on a bed inside a carriage, but where was Boner?

"You're awake!" Carolyn said

"Where... where is Boner?" Daphne asked

"We....we couldn't find his body. I'm sorry" Carolyn said, patting Pokey that was on Daphne's head. 

"No! I don't believe you" Daphne said as she tried to get up, but collapsed back into the bed. 

"Lie down and rest. That... stunt you pulled must have pushed you over your limits. You were unconscious for 5 days" Carolyn said

"5 days? Where..where are we going?" Daphne asked

"We're going to Gloryshine, as originally intended" Carolyn said

"But Boner.." Daphne asked

"If Boner survived, and he gets back to Rockhelm, he would be informed that you were sent to Gloryshine, to stay with my family" Carolyn said

"I don't want to" Daphne said

"Do you... have any other family or anyone you can stay with besides Boner?" Carolyn asked

"No... Boner is my lover" Daphne answered

"You should stop saying that. It will cause confusion and make people think he's a pervert" Carolyn advised. 

"Why would they think that? Boner promised he would make love to me" she asked

"But he hasn't yet. Older men making love to young girls are frowned upon" Carolyn said

"But Boner is only 4 years older than me. I'm already 13!" Daphne said

"You're 13...Wait, Boner is 17?" Carolyn asked in shock. 

3