Chapter 51 – The Growing Town of Bedlam.
72 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rather than having dinner in his new home, Bonar was brought to the tavern for dinner.

"I would like to introduce you to Gray" Selena said as a handsome and well groomed man and his wife Summer was introduced to Bonar.

"Pleasure to meet you my lord" Gray bowed and his blonde wife curtsied.

After a quick introduction, the pair left to prepare their order.

"Gray was one of my lovers. He was the commander of a now extinct nation, who was mortally wounded in battle. I saved him and took him in as my lover and one of my lieutenants.

However, many centuries later he found to his surprise that his old sweetheart was still alive, and was as immortal as he was, so he eloped with her without telling me" Selena said

"Summer is one of my girls. I took her when her village was being ransacked and she was raped. Hearing her childhood sweetheart was killed in battle, and that their nation had collapsed, she wanted to kill herself. But I thought her another way of living" Morgan said

"Who was to know that fate brought them back together after 3 centuries" Selena smiled

"That's a sweet story. But you let him go just like that?" Bonar asked, surprised at how lenient Selena was of him.

"I beat him half to death and would have killed him if that wife of his didn't interfere. But after seeing them together, I just banished him from my family" Selena said

"I let Summer go without any punishment. After all, we succubi are romantics at heart" Morgan said, noticing that Bonar was staring at her.

"Then you still invited them here after being banished?" Bonar asked

"All that happened over 5 centuries ago. My anger.... has subsided. Anyway, Gray is a very capable man and would be a benefit to your town. Besides, I have you and no longer feel jealous of my former lover having a wife" Selena said

Bonar nodded, quietly thinking that Selena had kept track of Gray even when she banished him so long ago. 

After their meal, they roamed around the town and visited Carolyn's shop called Goldchilde which sold luxury goods and was going to be an auction house. Lockland, the leader of the caravan that Bonar met was there too as her assistant. 

Next to Carolyn's shop was an armory and blacksmith, housed in a nice large 3 story building.

"This is Donggod, a half orc, half dwarf and one of my family. He's the best blacksmith you'll find, and these are his descendants" Selena said, introducing Bonar to a rather large dwarf who had the proportions of a dwarf, but was over 6 foot 3 inches tall, and 3 other regular sized dwarfs at around 4 feet tall named Bingking, Bangking and Boomking. 

"My lord!" they bowed.

Bonar inspected the weapons that were there and was impressed with the quality, though none of them was as good as his Dragonsbane spear.

"Those are the work of my descendants my Lord. They are not of the highest quality" Donggod said proudly

"Oh? Then which ones are your work" Bonar asked curiously

"Uh... you are carrying one of my Dragonsbane Arrows on your back" Donggod said

Bonar was surprised as he drew his spear and handed it to Donggod who took it gratefully

"Indeed.. the blood of many creatures has given this arrow an aura of bloodlust. Wonderful" Donggod smiled evilly.

 "Maybe you should let Donggod sharpen it for you while we continue our tour of the town" Selena said

"Yes, I would be most grateful" Bonar said

"No, it will be my pleasure my Lord" Donggod said as his eyes gleamed with excitement

They left the shop as Donggod eagerly sharpened the spear/arrow

"That Donggod.. he's the real deal isn't he? Was he your lover too?" Bonar asked Selena

"Yes... Donggod is one of my first. As a rather large dwarf, he is handsome and manly even by human standards. And he's not called dong god for nothing. His dong is godly" Selena smiled

"Larger than mine?" Bonar asked

"Why... jealous are we? Don't worry, your dong is number one with me" Selena laughed as she gave Bonar's bulge a squeeze.

They visited the brothel next, and the moment Bonar stepped in, the familiar feeling and scent was in the air, making him feel right at home. After all, he stayed with Morgan and many of her brothels everywhere he went and always felt at home. Now, there was one in his very own town. 

Aisia, who Bonar met at Rockhelm was in charge of the brothel and greeted them. 

"My lord" she curtsied gracefully. 

Bonar had sampled the bodies of many of the prostitutes he's met, but he's never had sex with Aisia. 

Since she was here, he would make sure to visit often.

The mercenary guild was grand looking and Selena brought him to her office. Ariana would work closely with her as the top mercenary of the guild even though Selena was definitely more powerful than her, but chose to control in the background. 

Morgan's Mage Guild tower was in the outskirts of town, surrounded by sheer cliffs from all sides except the entrance. 

Day by day, more and more people started moving in as the town grew organically around the buildings already built by Morgan and Jasmine. 

--

While the town of Bedlam continued growing, the town seemed to be continuously under attack.

The land of Valdoor was a land filled with monsters and evil creatures.

In fact, the King of Valdoor is rumored to have made a deal with the devil to attain immortality by sacrificing millions of lives in a pointless invasion and war.

Bonar regularly went on inspections around the large land, exploring places he's never been to with either Ariana, Shiva or Daphne taking turns, sometimes with a combination of all 3. Jasmine was always with him of course as his clothes.

Every few days, they faced a beast horde attacking the town. and every few days they grew richer with all the beast cores, furs and other valuables from the creatures.

Bonar swung his spear and enjoyed the sharpness and ease of use after Donggod modified and sharpened it.

Knowing that it's used as a spear rather than an arrow, Donggod changed the shape slightly and increased its sharpness, as penetrating the scales of Skirvile the dragon had blunted some of its sharpness.

Bonar was of course happy with the constant supply of his favorite meats. 

He didn't really enjoy the common beef, chicken and lamb in the capital and liked the idea that his land had such plentiful resources.

3