Intro
26 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This is short and just enough to start it off. I am doing this more as a side whim story. Hope you enjoy it.

The ship rattled from impact as the barrage of debris from the now obliterated mining field smashed into Captain Suro’s discovery ship. Shields had already been activated but the barrage of physical material was overwhelming its ability to regenerate the weakened layers from impact. His ship was veering towards a rift that was forming between larger chunks of the assault carrier that had been snuffed from existence. Lights blared through the silent hallways of what should be a bustling ship. The only noise coming from the life of the ship itself as gravity readings all began to point in the same direction as the rift. The slice in this part of the universe disappeared as quickly as it has formed. Swallowing with it a lone ship, lost in a field of debris.

The cryo pods seal began to crack, its system detecting failure and capable surroundings began revival processes. Its dormant owner being injected with life it once had before but was void of. The fluid flooded out of the container as blood began to be reinjected into the body as the temperature softly began to rise inside towards a habitable level. After several minutes had passed with all fluids returned and a red hue clear upon the face of the body a robotic arm jabbed a needle straight into the chest followed by several locational shocks throughout. Muscles spasmed from the electrical signals giving life to the present corpse until its organs were able to revive enough function to continue the process.

Captain Suro barely felt his body as his consciousness began to awaken from the gas injected into his pod. His body dehydrated beyond measure and quickly satisfied as fluids again began to enter through the needles placed around him. The first several blinks were his hardest as the light red light felt harsh but quickly drew his attention to the damage of the stasis pod. Suro quickly brushed his hand across the glass to interact with its panel. Pulling in data of the condition his ship was in. All preliminary data suggested systems were operational without any critical irregularities, although fuel and energy systems were depleted to a concerning level.

After feeling comfortable enough to move and testing his body's response Suro finally opened his pod. Stepping out onto the cold floor felt surprising to him, although short-lived as he rushed over to his clothing. The temperature of the surroundings clearly rising quickly as he dressed in his gear. Although slightly dated it was still the latest in technology from the upgrades that he had invested, his clothing was not far off in possible functionality that his pod had. Although unable to revive the dead it could stave it off long enough for medical treatment to stop the inevitable.

The stasis room was only accessible through the medical bay near the center of the ship. He had the ability to access the captain's controls from any room but always preferred the view of space, one of the only reasons his ship contained multiple ports to see the outside space, although frequently void of anything spectacular. His walk through the ship was slow as hands were used to stabilize each step until his legs got more comfortable walking again. He needed a full assessment of what had transpired since he last was awake. 

Walking down the halls his hands swiped across the pipes and panels that he knew by heart, and some that had markings evidence of such committed love to maintain its operation. Each part he knew from memory when and where it was replaced, and more importantly why. Losing pressure inside on his first mining operation in retro had taught him a valuable lesson in not only regular maintenance but a competent crew. It broke his heart having to clean up the ship, and he still felt like there were stains to this day.

Entering into the helm of the ship he buckled himself in, raised physical shield units, brought controls and monitors back to life. His hands flickered across the board like they had a million times before. It only slowed down when he finished his routine and stared out into space. For the first time in his 30 year career, he was surprised once again as he looked out. The ship he was staring at was shredded as if the markings of teeth had dived into it for a bite. Holes far larger than his own ship clear through the behemoth of a ship. What was more alarming was his ship had become nestled into some glowing crystal vines. As if he was inside some form of a living being, as the vines seemed to float around irregularly. The purple glow was bright enough for him to see much of the crystal surroundings. The worst feeling inside was the dots floating around in space as he knew deep inside, that wasn't shipped debris. 

2