Chapter 0041
1.6k 2 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0041

‘He can’t be here.’ The denial flitted through Amber’s mind as she has sensed a familiar yet unfamiliar power.

 

In her previous life, she, Jean and that hateful man inherited a complete set of soul cultivation methods. Amber inherited the Moon Soul Mantra, Jean inherited the Star Soul Mantra while that man inherited the Sun Soul Mantra.

 

From what Amber can recall from her memories, the three cultivators were sworn brothers with unique personalities. Nevertheless, they went through thick and thin together, fighting, exploring the world and protecting each other’s back, just like they were back then.

 

No matter how close people are, there are bound to be disagreements and the most common one among their ‘teachers’ was whose self-made soul cultivation technique was better.

 

They decided to leave it up to fate. They created their inheritance and left it to the younger generation to find while extorting their disciples to find and challenge the other two inheritance until the question can finally be answered.

 

The three of them challenged each other often because of the words of their so-called teacher. They, too, were interested in the answer. Since Amber and Jean were very close friends, they shared their inheritances with each other.

 

The bastard warned her, her friend might betray her. Looking back, Amber believes he was jealous of their friendship.

 

He wanted to be her whole world.

 

He didn’t want anyone else to be with her.

 

He was a bastard that caused their death.

 

Amber remembers this power striking her. The soul force containing the power of the sun rushed through her body, burning everything to ashes, one inch at a time, day after day, month after month.

 

She didn’t want her to die so easily.

 

She wanted to vent all the slight she experiences on to Amber’s body.

 

She was the one who finally killed them.

 

It was Jean who found the clues and risk everything to save her only to be ambushed by the sanctimonious bastard, then they were hunted down and killed by his mistress.

 

The stupid idiot only saw potential betrayal around her. He didn’t see the betrayal in the eyes of the people around him.

 

‘Why? Of all the souls in the universe, why do we have to find each other all the time?

 

Hatred gripped Amber’s body; depression gripped her mind.

 

With all the pent-up emotion from a lifetime of suppression ending up in death, Amber can hardly fight the enemies before her. Bailey, Jean and Senna tried to cover for her as best as they could.

 

“Amber gets it together. Fight the enemies in front of us first.” Jean was the one who understands the situation the best. She also felt the soul force distinctive to cultivators who practise the Sun Soul Mantra.

 

Where does Amber feel the conflict between love and hate, Jean felt only sorrow. Two people were given the chance of a lifetime and they destroyed it through ignorance and mistrust. The her in her previous life envied the golden couple. Who doesn’t want the perfect love? No one.

 

Aside from the mistress sowing the seeds of discord, it was Jean who saw the situation best. She was truly disillusioned. Both sides made mistakes. One tried to talk, the other brushed it off. One expresses the love through actions, the other never notice.  One clings, one desire independence. One look forward, one tried to recapture the past.

 

A truly idiotic couple.

 

“Amber keep it together!”

 

“Amber!”

 

The other two tried to encourage their friend while fending off the ever vicious attacks of the Iron Clawed Wolves.

 

The attacks from the enemies increase as time goes by and it takes all of their energy and focus just to stay alive.

 

The Alpha Iron Clawed Wolf seem to shake off an unusual dazed and began to act like the intelligent level 3 magical beast it is. It howled, signalling it subordinates to hinder the mercenaries around it while picking off the weaker ones. Fight strong with strong, weak with weak? Ha. Wolves are pack animals. They overwhelm the weak. The strong run from their numbers.

 

Once all the small fries are dead, they can focus on the strong ones.

 

The mercenaries under Terra renew their attacks against the level 2 magical beast, but they can’t keep up since the alpha wolf would make unexpected attacks against them and the mercenaries responsible for the alpha aren’t doing their job while the rearguards is going crazy attacking them.

 

Faced with a pincer attack, they had no time to assist the other two groups.

 

Jean understood what Amber was going through and she knew Amber wasn't going to shake it loose anytime soon, but now wasn’t the time to panic.

 

The mercenary group was going to be wiped out. This is a test for a chance to enter the Brilliant Yin Sect. Aria Se Jivock and Xing Zhi Hui will not lift a hand to help them.

 

Those who died are not destined to be a cultivator.

 

Those that failed have no karma with the Brilliant Yin Sect.

 

They can only take care of themselves.

 

In this situation, Jean felt helpless for the first time in this lifetime. She hated her weakness. She may be born into royalty but she had no control over her life. She may have wealth but she can’t spend a coin without justifying her expenses. She may be beautiful but it is merely a tool to use and be used.

 

“Amber move it!”

 

Despite the urging of her friends, Amber was paralyzed.

 

As if sensing a weakness in the group attacking it, the Alpha Iron Clawed Wolf turned its attention towards the floundering Amber.

 

The black hair trio was never a match for a level 3 magical beast. Even with the support of an aloof princess, they can barely fight on par with the Alpha Iron Clawed Wolf. Now that one of their members frozen, unable to act, the synergy among the three is weakening. It will be easy for the Alpha Iron Clawed Wolf to kill them if they aren’t careful. The leader of the pack began to act like the leader it was. It would attack the sick, weak, wounded or dying, and Amber happens to fit its criteria.

 

“Amber!”

 

“Amber!”

 

“Amber!”

 

‘I don’t want to remember this again, the scene of my best friend dying. No!’ Jean’s brittle heart cracked and shattered like the big bang at the beginning of the universe.  ‘I must do something. I will change my fate!’

 

Slowly, memories of her previous life trickled into her mind as helplessness spurred her attack.

 

The Moon Soul Mantra. Yes, it is possible. The Moon Soul Mantra might be able to save them now.

 

There is attack method in the heritage of the Moon Soul Mantra called the Frozen Moon that doesn’t require the cultivator to practise the Moon Soul Mantra.

 

The principal of the attack was simple. Exert soul force to the surrounding area, lowering the temperature to almost absolute zero, thereby freezing all living creatures in the area.

 

The theory may sound easy, however, implementing it is hard. Manipulating the world requires a large amount of soul force. If the cultivator is unable to support the attack, the drain on the soul could be large enough to result in death and possibly destroying any soul cultivation potential for lifetimes afterwards.

 

Jean didn’t care.

 

“Frozen Moon!”

 

39