Chapter 0045
1.6k 3 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0045

Xing Zhi Hui walked towards a defensive Tempest all the while cursing her partner from the bottom of her heart.

 

“What did I ever do to deserve a partner like her?” Xing Zhi Hui grumbled under her breath, though not quietly enough it seems because Tempest answered the question.

 

“You rejected her love.”

 

“What?”

 

Tempest raised her head to look at the flabbergasted expression on Xing Zhi Hui’s face. “You rejected her love.”

 

“Ummm….”

 

“In 7, maybe it was 10 lifetimes ago, Aria was considered one of the most beautiful women in the world. There was no man who didn’t fall at her feet. Except you.”

 

“Don’t tell me she pursued me to the ends of the Earth and died doing so. At the time of her death, she cast a curse on me.” Ahh sarcasm at its finest.

 

Tempest always thought Xing Zhi Hui was a straight laced, upright, staid woman whose idea of a good time is to study for the test, like the poor scholarship students she watches in drama. Everyone knows one or two characters who always are extremely beautiful but always do things by the book. They are then paired up with an outside the law character who breaks the rules and hijinks ensues.

 

It’s nice to know she has a sense of humor.

 

“Oh no. Worse. You became best friends.”

 

Xing Zhi Hui grimace, “I see.”

 

“Hehe. You also owe her a debt you said you’d pay in the next life because she sacrificed herself so you can have the perfect love.” Tempest giggled.

 

At times like these, Xing Zhi Hui was reminded that Tempest is still a child. Maybe it was her association with Aria Se Jivock or maybe it was her direct gaze that made her seem older than she is.

 

Xing Zhi Hui had experiences with the people Aria Se Jivock was interested in. Looks can be deceiving.

 

“Ugh.” The debts keep mounting. “Did I get the guy? Tell me I got the guy at the end?”

 

“You weren’t a lesbian as far as anyone knows.”

 

“A what?” Xing Zhi Hui looked at Tempest as if she saw a ghost, all big eyes and pale face. Does Aria Se Jivock know any sane people?

 

“A woman who prefers other women.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“You were a man back then.” Tempest smiled mischievously. At times like these, Xing Zhi Hui is tempted to run. The crazies always smile like that before they get her in trouble. “I told you, Aria was the most beautiful woman in the world. No man can resist her except you. And yeah, you got the girl. For all of a day. She stabbed you in the back, destroyed your cultivation and ran off with your rival.”

 

“You must be joking!” Some parts of the story might be true. A wise man once said the greatest lies are hidden between two truths. Xing Zhi Hui believe Aria Se Jivock did sacrificed her life for her. She has the honorable core bred into her bones. She might do weird and crazy things, but she always has a valid reason for it, even though Xing Zhi Hui might not understand half of the reasons.

 

Xing Zhi Hui knew herself well enough. She isn’t dumb enough to follow the wiles of a woman, get betrayed then killed.

 

“You’re right. You did get the woman and lived a long time, building one of the greatest nations in the cultivating world.” Tempest said sadly.

 

“Then why the sad expression?” The incongruity is killing her. Good news is delivered by a happy face. Bad news is delivered by a sad face. Who looks sad when they announce a good news? Ah, yeah. Associates of Aria Se Jivock would definitely do it. Xing Zhi Hui found it odd considering Tempest and Aria Se Jivock only met today.

 

“You know the theory behind karma right? The greater the sacrifice, the more you owe Aria. Can you imagine the karma between you and Aria if you live out the greatest love and founded the greatest nations upon her sacrifice?”

 

Xing Zhi Hui blanched. The law of karma does not work out exactly like Tempest describe it to be but she has the gist of it.

 

“Please tell me I died on my wedding night.” Xing Zhi Hui pleaded with abject misery. She even went on her knees and grabbed Tempest’s thighs. “Please tell me she was unfaithful, and I died in the most horrible fashion possible.”

 

The dignity of a cultivator in the Foundation Establishment stage can not be seen in Xing Zhi Hui stature. All Tempest can see is a sea of endless misery and suffering condense into one body.

 

The once stoic eyes clouded with fear. Xing Zhi Hui proud stature that says ‘World get ready because I’m coming’ is crumpled into a dying mess, no better than the beggars on the street.

 

Just what exactly did Aria Se Jivock do to instill such fear into the proud cultivator? No wait. Tempest can already imagine what happened between the two. She might not have known Aria for very long, but she can understand the thought process of the insane. She was locked up in an insane as… hospital ward for the mentally challenged. These things rub off.

 

Note to parents, if you hate a characteristic in your children, don’t send them to get ‘cured’ in dubious places. It makes them worse. Or the child learns to hide it better.

 

“Sorry.” Tempest is full of remorse. “I already tried to do that.”

 

“Then tell me everything is a lie.” Xing Zhi Hui demanded. She can’t imagine owing Aria Se Jivock so much. She doesn't want to spend the next ten lifetime with the crazy woman.

 

“The story is true,” Tempest’s answer gave no hope to the depression Xing Zhi Hui, “but I could be wrong. You might not be the mighty founder living the dream life everyone envies.”

 

Xing Zhi Hui perked up at the thought. Tempest could be wrong. In fact, in Xing Zhi Hui’s eyes, Tempest is definitely wrong.

 

She just a child. How can she know what happened between her and Aria Se Jivock 7 to 10 lifetimes ago?

 

Why, just a few moments ago the girl was curled into herself with her legs pulled up and her arms wrapped around them. She was the quintessential picture of a child hiding in the dark after the monsters came after her. Where does she get the power to see into other people's past life?

 

Xing Zhi Hui was buoyed by her doubts in Tempest. “You shouldn’t play around with serious stuff like that.”

 

“Okaaaaay.” A teenager expressing doubts in the authority of their parents can’t look more skeptical than Tempest right now.

 

You shouldn’t raise her hopes.

 

“I’m not. There is a chance you could be wrong.”

 

The chance is smaller than finding a grain of sand in the Milky Way.

 

“I know that. You know that. She doesn’t have to know that. I get the feeling I’d crush her entirely if I were to tell her there is no doubt she was the legendary founder living the dream life. It can happen. Beside, how sure are you Aria Se Jivock and Xing Zhi Hui are the two people in the story you told me about? I didn’t think spirits could see into the past lives of a cultivator they aren’t attached to.” Tempest rebutted.

 

Tempest doesn’t have the power to look into the previous life of a cultivator, especially one much more powerful than herself and she was sure the spirits doesn’t have the power either. They have complete control over the elements but not the power over reincarnation.

 

It’s just the story is famous. Very famous.

 

The story of a man ignoring the most beautiful woman in the world, a woman so beautiful, even the heavens consecrates her birth, for the hand of a plain woman (plain compared to the heaven defying beauty).

 

The man and his wife later founded a nation on the sacrifice of the woman blessed by the heavens.

 

Astrapi confirmed at the time of the beauty’s death, the heavens hailed down a storm of lightning, killing all her enemies and attempting to break the love bond between the founder and his soulmate, then wept with sorrow for seven days and seven nights.

 

The empire Xing Zhi Hui founded in her previous life still stands today, stronger than the time she left it. Monuments of the legendary couples still stands today, giving hope to singles everywhere. One day, no matter the odds, they will meet their other half.

 

Music, odes and fairy tales are still told about them.

 

The story was so amazing, the spirits took notice. Which is why Ventus is sure Aria Se Jivock was the sacrifice and Xing Zhi Hui was the legendary founder.

 

The spirits in their previous lives are with them today.

 

“Spirits can stay with a soul through reincarnation?”

 

Yes, we can. It’s how we are with you right now.

 

Eeeehhh?

41