Chapter 0073
1.1k 4 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0073

 

A walk-in refrigerator?

 

Tempest has been wondering what she did to appliances in her past life to warrant being tossed into the oven like Hansel and Gretel. Baked in an oven! Though technically, Hansel was the cook. It was the witch who wanted to eat him that was cooked in the oven.

 

Now she was tossed into a walk-in refrigerator. Again, technically, this wasn’t a refrigerator but basement inlaid with cold formations to keep the temperature at 0 degrees celsius, basically freezing temperature.

 

Tempest was about to attribute everything to bad luck, but she remembered she wasn’t so lucky with electronics on Earth. There was a time when she went to the electronics store near her house and short-circuited all the appliances in their showroom. Then there was the time when she was sitting around the kitchen and the oven and refrigerator broke down. Then there was the time when…. ah forget it. There were too many instances with her and electronics malfunctioning she lost count before she could even count.

 

“Young Master Li Feng, you are awake.”

 

The comment brought Tempest out of her trip down memory lane and onto the situation at hand, namely, getting rid of the pervert. Tempest peeked through the cracks to watch the show between the pervert and the blond.

___________________________________

 

“Where are we?” Li Feng asked in a groggy manner. Li Feng was pampered by his parents and adored by his talented older brother. He grew up with a golden spoon in his mouth and wanted nothing.

 

Whatever he wanted, his parents or his older brother provided. When he went out to have fun, it was he who tormented other people.

 

Never once has he been beaten to the point of unconsciousness. Young Master Li Feng might not be as talented as his older brother, but he can still hold his own in a fight.

 

Li Feng regretted. He should have spent more time cultivating instead of visiting entertainment houses. He would put up a better fight in front of his future bride if he had the chance.

 

Right now, he’s quite a sight. Li Feng’s neat and tidy appearance has taken a hit. The once pristine blue robe was wrinkled and smudged with dirt. His once combed hair was messy, courtesy of the whacks Tempest got in when he was unconscious. The best part was the shoe print Tempest left on his face.

 

“The cellar.”

 

The blond stared at Young Master Li Feng with a tinge of fear in her blue eyes as she answered his question, all the while clutching his already wrinkled clothes tightly.  She pressed her body closer his while hiding her face in the crux of his arms. Not a hint of laughter can be seen on her beautiful face. She had expressed her feelings when they ‘stage’ Li Feng previously.

 

Li Feng pushed the blond away and started looking around frantically for a pair of innocent black eyes. “Where is the little girl?” he asked when he couldn’t see anyone other the blond in the room. “Was she harmed in the attack?”

 

“The little girl wasn’t harmed. It was her bodyguard that attacked you. They thought you were taking advantage of their young miss and they took an exception to it.”

 

Li Feng let out a sigh of relief. His future bride wasn’t harmed. He’d rather she be safe and away from him than be harmed because he couldn’t protect her. A few moments apart make the heart grow fonder. It will also wipe away the terrible impression she received from the encounter. He can and will protect her. Young Master Li Feng didn’t realize he needed to correct his terrible personality and not his martial arts!

 

Young Master Li Feng thought back to the fight, trying to glean clues to his future wife’s identity. His future bride hailed from the Magus Alliance, judging from the attacks her bodyguard used. Each Wind Blade came from a different angle, masking the location of the caster or casters. There was no spell circle Li Feng can see.

 

A spell circle is the origin of the spell. It is where the elements are gathered then shaped through runic words into the form the mage desires.

 

The identity of the mage can be inferred from the shape, size, color or methodology of the spell circle. A good tracker can trace the mage using the residue of the spell circle. This is one of the reasons it is acknowledged far and wide why mages make horrible assassins.

 

There are less in-fighting the Magus Alliance because each mage knew they can be easily caught!

 

Yet, Li Feng did not see any spell circle at the origin of the Wind Blade. The caster had to be at least a yellow mage and an old one at that.

 

When mages start cultivating, they work on their power output. Nothing can stand in the way of ultimate power. When they hit a bottleneck they knew they couldn't surmount anytime soon, they shift their attention from power to control and precision. They learned to use the least amount of power to take out a target instead of wasting energy with big flashy moves.

 

The first major bottleneck for mages is the transition from a yellow mage to a green mage. Most mages can never cross the hurdle all their lives. During this time is when the transition from raw power to controlled attacks occurs.

 

The knowledge doesn’t help Li Feng figure out where he should send bridal gifts to. There are many clans, countries, and guilds that have wind and water yellow mages.

 

The last attack gave away the elemental combination of the caster, wind and water. It was hard to miss the solid block of ice falling on his head.

 

The blond’s answer seems to mesh with Li Feng’s recollection of the fight. The attacks started when he held his future bride in his arms. Although the attacks look reckless, the aim was all towards him. They were careful to target him and only him. There were opportunities they could have taken to kill him but didn’t because it would harm the little girl in his arm.

 

Except for the last attack.

 

“Why did they attack you?” Li Feng studied the blond carefully. The story made sense, to a point.

 

The blond became self-deprecating. “They didn’t want a lowly entertainer like myself to touch their precious young miss.” The lies rolling off the blond’s tongue came easily and naturally.

 

Li Feng didn’t think the blond was lying. Everyone knew about his reputation. He may be a playboy but he’s a powerful one.

 

Yet he lost his future bride to a mere bodyguard.

 

It was this moment Li Feng’s iron determination came into being. He was a playboy no more. He is a man engaged to a little girl with bright clear eyes on an adorably cute face. Hmph, when he brings the bridal gifts to his wife’s home, he’d make sure he’d show them his power.

 

“Let get out of here.”

 

“Yes, young master.”

 

Slowly the duo made their way to the entrance of the basement. The blond was still trying to act like the fragile cold beauty as she clung to Li Feng’s arm. Unlike his previous amorous attitude, Li Feng ignored the blond as he made his way out of the basement.

 

Tempest watching the two exit the room and felt shivers run up her spine.

 

Everything she and the blond planned together went without a hitch, yet a sixth sense told her she’d allowed major trouble to leave the room.

 

32