Chapter 0074
1.1k 0 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0074

“How did everything go?” Tempest asked the blond two hours later when the blond deemed it safe enough to come and fetch her.

 

“He’s a man,” the blond said with disdain, “How did you think it went?”

 

“He questioned you for every minute detail of the fight, trying to find clues to his assailant then he called the guards to scold them because no matter what bedroom play he was going to do you, it wouldn’t have accounted for the noise they ignored.”

 

The blond gave Tempest a blank stare.

 

“Well?”

 

After getting ahold of herself, the blond said, “He scolds Madam Vynn for her horrible security because his guard wasn’t allowed in the courtyard when they first heard the noises. Madam Vynn came down to resolve the issue his guard was making and guaranteed her inn’s security was the best. Unfortunately, he was attacked in her inn, therefore, Madam Vynn had to take responsibility for her words previously. I left for my performance, so I didn’t know what Madam Vynn promised to appease Young Master Li Feng. I did know he left in a huff while making sure Madam Vynn was aware of his anger.”

 

“So you got what you wanted with no one the wiser.” Personally, Tempest like this results better than the lame one the blond planned when she tried to seduce the pervert to fight her battles. While the blond was at the ‘scene of the crime’ no one would say she was involved with the attacker. Madam Vynn got a strong warning from a powerful patron and Li Feng left with nothing. Not bad all in all.

 

“I wouldn’t say the situation was ideal, but yes, I did get what I wanted.” the blond smile gently. She wanted to see the expression on Madam Vynn’s face when Li Feng gave her his warning but safety and prudence won out. She left the room to perform on stage.

 

“Since everything was tidied up nice and neat, it is about time for me to leave.”

 

The blond nodded in agreement then hesitated. She opened her mouth to say something but nothing would come out.

 

There was a sense of recognition from deep within her bones telling her she and the little girl before her are sisters at one point in their lives. The blond had a sense of deja vu since the first time she saw the little girl and the closeness was getting stronger and stronger.

 

A sharp pain struck her at the thought of the little girl leaving. They don’t know each other. The blond felt they should.

 

The faster the little girl leaves, the better it was for her. This place isn’t good for an innocent little girl like her. Though she may have some protection with her powers, this place has strong backers. Young Master Li Feng wouldn't settle the score with a scolding against Madam Vynn if they didn’t.

 

On the other hand, a strange feeling urged the blond to keep the little girl with her. It kept telling her to keep the little girl here until she acknowledged their relationship or they will never see each other again.

 

The blond didn’t understand her conflicting desires. Still, she said, “Do you want something to eat?”

 

“Food?!” the little girl did an about face and asked the blond with bright, shining stars in her eyes. Even though she ate a little bit earlier, she was still hungry.

 

“Well yes. I can afford to feed a little girl, that is if you don’t mind eating in my private room.”

 

“Food?”

 

“Yes, I can order food from my room.”

 

“Food! Yes, yes, I go.” Tempest nodded her head enthusiastically, giving the blond a headache.

 

“Young master Li Feng took the wrong tactic.” the blond thought to herself, “Who knows where the little girl would end up if he lured her with food!”

 

“This way then.” the blond gentle took the little girl’s hand and leads her astray...ahem, lead her to her room.

______________________________________

In a small private room on the second floor of a bustling building, a certain little piglet was gobbling her way through a planned seven course feast while an indulgent blond watched on with a seldom seen smile.

 

The blond has always been careful to hide her beauty under layers and layers of cosmetics favored by the inhabitants of the Heavenly Mountains.

 

Trying to look like a beauty from a different domain diminish the blond’s natural beauty rather than enhancing it.

 

The best analogy is when an Asian tries to look Caucasian or vice versa. Each side has its own sense of beauty suitable for themselves. Few could change their looks well enough to become beautiful in the eyes of the other side.

 

An example would be the white skin prized by the Asian. Many would go through extreme lengths to get the almost albino-like white skin. There are many cosmetic brands/creams/lotions etc. advertised to achieve the effect and women pay through the roof for said products.

 

Caucasians vary in their complexion and prefer to use makeup to even out their skin tone rather than drastically changing it.

 

A ghostly monstrosity occurs when a young woman dabbles in cosmetics meant to appease the aesthetic of another culture.

 

The blond’s emulation wasn’t bad. She would be more attractive should she work to enhance her better qualities, namely her sky blue eyes, rather than copying the style around her.

 

Tempest noted this in her quick perusal of her dinner companion. Her thought was on the food the blond ordered, leaving little room for anything else. The blond might as well be an ugly decoration for all the attention Tempest paid her.

 

No, her attention was completely on the feast before her. Appetizers consist of pickled vegetables, steam dumplings, and a bowl of delicious soup were brought out. The Seven Tantalizing Stew Pig, the Golden Herb Roast Venison and the Crispy Bake Duck in a Golden Honey Sauce would be brought out later. The finale, a Triple Layered Cream Cake, would be served as a dessert to the meal.

 

Tempest dug in when the appetizers were set on the table without a by-your-leave from her host. She was aware her table manners were atrocious but in the lure of food, she couldn't help herself.

 

The pickled vegetables were cold and crispy. It easily stimulates Tempest’s appetite for more. The dumplings and soup were left to cool before Tempest devours them, yet the aromatic fragrances tantalize the senses.

 

Tempest had to admit, the food in the Cardinal Realm is awesome!

 

Tempest resisted the urge to smack away the chopsticks reaching out to snatch her food. She did, however, adopt a more protective posture when eating.

 

The blond was paying for the food after all.

 

“You are worse than a taotie guarding its kill.” the blond complained. “Leave some space in the bottomless hole you call a stomach for the rest of the meal.”

 

“I don’t need to save space in my stomach if it is just as bottomless as you said.” Tempest pointed out the flaw in the blond’s choice of words. “And besides, what is a taotie?”

 

Tempest knew what a taotie is. In Chinese mythology, the Taotie was one of the nine sons of the dragon or a legendary dragon in its own right, depending on the version one wishes to use. It is agreed upon in both versions that a taotie is a glutton that will consume anything delicious, and for this reason, it was punished.

 

Earth representation of a taotie is that of a dragon but with an exaggerated large stomach to store its food.

 

Tempest’s knowledge stems from mythology from Earth she accidentally stumbled upon. Her knowledge wasn’t correct nor complete. She was curious to see if the creature the blond mention was similar to the creature depicted by the artisan in Ancient China. She can rely on the lore of Earth if they are.

 

The blond smiled gently as she took the rice sticking to the corner of Tempest’s mouth and ate it.

 

Tempest trembled and realized the dangers her stomach had led her into! She just escaped a lolicon but fell into the hands of a lesbian lolicon.

 

The blond began to explain what a taotie is, easing Tempest’s fear caused by her overactive imagination.

 

“A taotie is a dragon with the mouth of a snake, the stomach of a toad, the agility of a lumbering giant and the tail of a crocodile. Their scales range from dark blue to black. They have two horns on the side of their head.  Cultivators highly prized their horns. It is used to create high level weapons and talismans.”

 

“... so it’s basically a long, fat toad that waits for dinner to come to it.”

 

The blond giggled at the picture Tempest painted. Her description can be interpreted in such a manner. “No silly. Think big-fat dragons instead of fat toads.”

 

“Sorry, dragons are majestic creatures. I can only see a taotie as a big lizard trying to be a snake by eating its meal whole.”

 

“Don’t let any beast hear you say that. They might take offense. The taotie family controls a large portion of the Dark Star Forest that borders the Central Domain and the Magus Alliance. They are a large species that might take exception to a human emulating them.”

 

“Ha! They eat their way to become tubbies while I get stronger the more I eat!” Tempest boasted. It was one of her dreams. Gain strength through eating. She’d live the envious life of a rice worm!

 

“Sure, sure. Finish the food on the table. The main course is about to come.”

 

“I will make it happen you know,” Tempest said in a serious manner.

 

“Of course you will.” the blond played along with the little girl. The blond didn’t realize how serious Tempest was about her food, nor did she knew Tempest had achieved everything she set out to do.

 

Knock. Knock. Knock.

 

“Ah the main courses are here.” the blond opened the door and in came an artificially beautiful middle-aged woman giving off an aura of intense rage.

 

“Madam Vynn!”

 

30