Chapter 0075
1k 0 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Chapter 0075

The malicious Madam Vynn was an artificially beautiful middle-aged woman with black eyes and black hair styled into an elaborate bun with exquisite hairpins. The blue silk robe she was wearing accentuates her pale unnatural white skin.

 

All in all, Madam Vynn was a woman who knew about cosmetics. If she was back on Earth, she’d be an internet makeup artist sensation. She might even have her own brand of cosmetics.

 

“Ah Suzanna, this is where you were hiding.”

 

“Madam Vynn.” the blond name Suzanna exclaimed.

 

So this was the woman Suzanna was trying to get into trouble with the pervert.

 

Indeed, the woman was someone to watch out for, with her sly smile and flirtatious charm oozing warm welcoming hospitality.

 

Tempest would fall for her false facade if she didn’t appear so fast or during her meal.

 

Tempest may have low EQ. Growing up with mental disabilities didn’t facilitate interpersonal skills. Her IQ is pretty high.

 

She was able to connect the dots quite easily and knew a reckoning was coming.

 

Madam Vynn received a harsh scolding from a very rich and very important client. The same client who was seen spending time with Suzanna.

 

Of course, she’d come to vent on Suzanna. The blond either instigates the matter, or she was in cahoots with the schemer who did. Either way, Madam Vynn made up her mind. Suzanna was involved and needs to be taught a lesson.

 

“My, my, I didn’t realize you were entertaining a guest. I’m sure some of your regular patrons will be quite pleased with the news.” The threat was there - I’ll start pimping you out like a whore you are!

 

“Madam Vynn, your eyesight is going bad as your oversight. You can’t even see I’m merely having a meal with a young child. I’m sure those same patrons would wonder if you overstepped your bounds and dabbled where you shouldn’t, considering the situation lately. A strong backer is good. An arrogant strong backer might lead to suspicions of tyranny.”

 

“Ventus, what is the situation Suzanna is referring to?” Tempest asked. A situation that can put a sly fox like Madam Vynn in a bind has to be big.

 

The situation Suzanna is referring to was a series of kidnapping. 20 young girls went missing over a two month period. The city officials would turn a blind eye to it if the missing girls were limited the middle class or the poor, but four of the girls came from wealthy families and one of them was the city lord’s own daughter.

 

“Ah, I get it.” Tempest did understand the situation. There is a lot of pressure to solve the case quickly. Any suspicious activities would be thoroughly investigated.

 

Using the excuse, some of the powerful families have taken the opportunity to strike out at their enemies.

 

Madam Vynn was aware of the undercurrents in the city right now. It galls her to admit the blond was right. Furthermore, Suzanna has the favor of young master Li Feng. Madam Vynn, and her backers wants a closer connection to the Li clan. Therefore, although Madam Vynn came here in a huff, she didn’t intend to go any further than a few barbed insults.

 

“Ayah, what a cute little girl. What are you doing in this closet?”

 

The small room was big enough for a bed, a table and four stools. It is not spacious but a closet it is not.

 

“Eating.” A foreboding feeling swept over Tempest. The last conversation went along similar lines to this and she was nearly kidnapped by a pervert.

 

Tempest subtly put up her guard. A wily woman is more dangerous than a dumb ox.

 

“Ventus, is there a connection between Madam Vynn and those kidnapped girls?”

 

No.

 

“Do you know where those girls are being held captive?”

 

In the cellar the next building over.

 

“Anyway to get their family member here?”

 

A few are here already. This is a good place to gather information.

 

“Heh. Interesting.” Tempest suddenly thought about an important matter, “Can I be drugged?”

 

Yes, but we can reduce the degree which it can affect you.

 

“What about an aphrodisiac?”

 

Those won’t affect you at all.

 

“Good.”

 

While Tempest was conversing with her spirits, Madam Vynn began to heap praises on the little girl, all the while trying to persuade her Suzanna was a woman of loose moral character.

 

Tempest knows how to deal with scheming two face women like Madam Vynn. The red mage prefers to fry her opponent with lightning if they are women and freeze them with ice spells if they are men.

 

Women are vain creatures. Tempest includes herself in that statement. As a vain creature, any spells that harm or has the potential to destroy a woman’s beauty is doubly dangerous. Tempest doesn't like being attacked, but she can imagine the expression on the woman’s face when she turns the white-skinned beauty into a dark charcoal. Physically hit and mentally slapped.

 

Men prize their, well, manliness. It is easier to freeze them in a block of ice, chop off their by then literally blue balls and shove it down their throats.

 

If Li Feng did anything bad to Tempest, a coffin of ice will be his resting place. Although she was groped when Li Feng held her, his hands didn’t go anyplace private.

 

Seeing Madam Vynn putting on a fake friendly act while gauging her worth made Tempest’s hands itch to blast her.

 

Tempest was intelligent enough to know she can’t use brute strength right now, so she decided to play dumb.

 

Madam Vynn glanced at Tempest’s prized meal with disdain. As a lady who accompanied important personages to lavish banquets, the meager appetizer was beneath her notice.

 

“A beautiful girl like you should dine in a grand ballroom, feasting on lavish seven-course meals instead of squirreling yourself in a closet eating commoner’s food.”

 

“Oooohhhhh.” Tempest drooled, playing along with Madam Vynn.

 

Tempest heard a saying from a TV series she was watching, “The best lies are hidden between two truth.” At the time, Tempest agreed with the view. As she grew up, she realized the best lies are not lies at all.

 

Take Madam Vynn’s temptation for example. She didn’t lie. Her words paint a beautiful picture if Tempest was truly naive as she looks.

 

Indeed, Tempest can enjoy a seven-course meal in a grand ballroom… if she was a concubine of a rich lord!

 

“Would you like to know what true luxury is?”

 

“Yes, yes, yes.” Tempest nodded, bright-eyed and eager to listen to the fantastic tale spun by a master.

 

“Then come with me.” Madam Vynn offered her hand to Tempest while shooting Suzanna a smug expression.

 

Suzanna ignored Madam Vynn’s petty posture. Instead, she was completely focused on the little girl she senses she has an affinity for. She knew Madam Vynn gift of gab can be hard to resist but she also knows the little girl can take care of herself. From the way she was acting, she had a plan already in place should Madam Vynn try anything.

 

Tempest turned to smile at Suzanna, easing the blond’s worry then turned to take Madam Vynn’s hand. “Food? Where is the food pretty lady?”

 

Smiling triumphantly, Madam Vynn put her arms around Tempest like a mother would her daughter and lead her to a private room on the second floor of the inn.

29