Chapter 0083
1k 6 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0083

 

“As I suspected, she is a True Daughter of Storm.” Cardis exclaimed before catching the unconscious little girl before she hit the floor.  “She truly is a living True Daughter of Storm.”

With shaking hands, Cardis took her pulse.  Only after he was assured the little girl was unconscious and not dead did he relaxed. 

All mortals in the Cardinal Realm were born with affinities with the spirits.  The amount of spirits a mortal has ranged from one to one hundred of each element.  For example, a mortal can have one water spirit or one water and one wind spirit. A mortal can also have one hundred water spirits or they can have one hundred water spirits and one hundred wind spirits.  

The more spirits a human has, the faster the human can cultivate as a mage.  There was a caveat that has plagued mages since the dawn of time - the rate of cultivation was determined by the affinities the human has the least of.  If a human has 60 fire spirits and 11 wind spirits, then the rate of his cultivation is 11, or the amount of wind spirits he has.  

In order to cultivate as a mage, humans must have more than 60 spirits in each of their elements.  It was too hard to cultivate with less than 60 spirits and unless they are lucky as hell and found some heaven defying pill, herbs or material, they will never become an immortal before their lifespan ends.  

Throughout history, only those with 75 or more spirits ever became an immortal.  

At first many guilds in the Magus Alliance wanted to accept disciples with 75 spirits or more, but there were never many humans with 75 or more spirits in all of their elements to begin with, so they lowered the cut off point to 60 spirits.  

Those with 90 or more spirits in all of their elements were said to be loved by the spirits.  The spirits loved them as much as a mother loved their children. Later the title Child of the Spirits was attached to those who had 90 spirits in all of their elements.  

Cardis is the Son of Volcano.  He has 95 fire spirits, 91 wind spirits and 90 earth spirits.  Originally, he was known as the Son of Inferno because he had 95 fire spirits, 91 wind spirits and 89 earth spirits.  A Child of the Spirits was named by the spirits they have above 90. If a human has 90 fire spirits and 89 wind spirits then he can be called Son of Fire.  Only when the mortal acquired another wind spirit can he be called Son of Inferno.  

How to acquire another spirits remain a mystery to humans.  There were speculations that a child could obtain some of the spirits of his or her parents.  Cardis has seen this once or twice before.

Spirits can leave their mage.  The story about a mage abusing his daughter disgusting his spirit so much that they decide to transfer themselves to his spouse was true.  Hence mages are really careful when they decide to have children.

Cardis acquired his earth spirits, pushing him into acquiring the title Son of Volcano through the final method.  The spirits gain enough power to ‘give rise’ to another spirits. 

Cardis never publicized the fact he was the Son of Volcano instead of the Son of Inferno.  In fact, no one knew he was the Son of Volcano. 

When Tempest mentioned he was the Son of Volcano instead of the Son of Inferno, Cardis knew someone powerful with a vast and elite intelligence network sent her here.  He knew she was telling him the truth when she said her spirits sent her to him. No one can lie to him unless they have a higher wind affinities than him. 

“Those bastard back at the guild would be so happy to recruit a True Daughter of Storm into their midst.”

Cardis sighed, trying to recall when was the last time he saw a True Child of the Spirits. 

“Was it a hundred or two hundred years ago when I ran into that little boy, the True Son of Nature.  One hundred earth spirits and one hundred plant spirits. It was truly a waste I couldn’t get to him in time.”

A True Child of the Spirits differed from a Child of the Spirits in that they have one hundred spirits in each of their elements. 

Throughout Cardis’ long life, he’d seen hundreds of True Child of the Spirits, but none of them lived long.  Most die before they see their fifth birthday and for the lucky ones who lived longer, they tend to die when they first start cultivating.  

The love of the spirits wasn’t an easy thing to handle.

The spirits were loving creature who shower their mortal with intense affection.  When they show their affections, they release mana into the body of their mortal. A baby can’t handle the mana the spirits releases.  The overzealous spirits don’t notice their actions then boom, the child explodes from the mana overload.  

Once a child grows aware of their surroundings and start developing a sense of self, they were driven insane by the nature of their spirits.

The spirits can’t control the influence their nature has over their mortal.  There would be more living True Child of the Spirits if they could.  

If the True Child of the Spirits can handle both the power and nature of the spirits without losing themselves, they suffer the strain of the soul.  The nature of the spirits influencedtheir mortal because it is the best method they found to shape the soul of their mortal so they can obtain their perfection.

Hence, although many True Child of the Spirits were born, most die at a young age.

It was still worth grooming a True Child of the Spirits.  Once they overcome all their obstacles, becoming an immortal was almost guaranteed.

Cardis can see Tempest was the perfect vessel for a True Daughter of Storm.  Tempest’s mana channels were strong and robust; Tempest’s mind was sharp and clear and Tempest’s soul has an endurance and strength he saw only in powerful soul cultivators.  

Cardis can already foresee all the trouble the whirlwind of chaos will bring him.  

“You are truly troublesome.” Cardis lamented then poked her cheeks to release his frustration.  Suddenly Cardis thought of something and laugh, “I’m not going to be the only person whose peaceful life you are going to destroy.”

Cardis immediately flew out the window after casting the spell Extreme Flight all the while humming a jaunty tune.  He can’t wait to see the chaos his little student is going to create. Who knows, she might torment those bastards to death!

 

 

36