Chapter 0084
995 0 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0084

Tempest woke up with a vengeance.

She hurled her breakfast, lunch and dinner, prompting Cardis to dive down from the high altitude he was flying at, which cause Tempest to become dizzy, further exacerbating her dilemma.

“Not the clothes! Aim away from me! Hurry!”

Tempest was in no mood to listen to the source of her illness. “Serve you right!” Tempest thought as she aimed for his pants.

Tempest hoped someone was around to see her handy work. She could call him… hmmm what could she call a person who has no control over their bowels? Baby? Stinky butt? The names seemed so childish.

Sadly, they reached the ground before Tempest could empty out another round of regurgitated food on to Cardis.

Cardis dropped Tempest like she was a hot potato, stuffed a flask of water into Tempest’s hand and beelined it towards the nearest tree.

Five minutes of drizzling rain later, Cardis appeared in a white sleeveless silk tunic, tight black leather pants that leaves little imagination to size of his package and black shiny boots.

Tempest finally understood why Cardis was declared to be the number one man women want to lose their virginity to.

Passionate amber eyes stared at Tempest from a flawless face framed by raging red hair still damp from the impromptu shower he just took. Every once in a while, droplets of water fell onto his hard muscular arm then glides down the porcelain skin before being evaporated.

The man can be the spoken person for the Cool Water perfume, emerging from the water like a hunky hunk hunk.

“You are hot.” Tempest blurted out. Her appreciation for men had stagnated at the pre pubescent stage. While she can appreciate the sexiness of a man, her thoughts never strayed towards the bedroom activities. There was never anyone who interested her sexually.

“Of course I’m hot. I have a fire affinity.” Cardis present Tempest with a pill he took out of his space ring. “This is the Vitality Nourishing Pill. It will help you with your flight sickness.”

“I don’t want it.”

“Come now. Don’t be childish and eat the pill. It’ll make you feel better.” Cardis tried to coax Tempest to eat the pill to no avail.

“I don’t want it. I’ve been drugged up most of my life that even seeing a medicine pill makes me want to puke it out.” Despite knowing Cardis meant well, eating drugs was a big no-no for Tempest. Her experience at the facility reinforces the notion that drugs were bad and the fact that she was sedated to the point where she forgot months of memory didn’t help either.

“Who used you as a pill slave?” Cardis’ anger was surprising since it was on her behalf.

Pill slave is a person who is used to test new drugs created by an alchemist. Most pill slaves are criminals or prisoners of war although there are cultivators desperate enough to volunteer.

Alchemist testing out new drugs are strictly monitored by the Alchemist Association and their edicts are enforces in various sects and guild throughout the Cardinal Realm. In the Magus Alliance, the rules and regulation are strictly enforced. Due to the bias of the spirits towards children, no one under the age of twenty is allowed to be used as a pill slave, voluntary or not.

Most of the rogue alchemists are in the other three realms. It is easier to skirt the laws in the other three realms than in the Magus Alliances. Cultivating as a mage doesn’t require the heavy use of pills. Since there is little demands for pills, the prestige of an alchemist in the Magus Alliance isn’t very high. A mage wouldn’t hesitate to strike down an evil alchemist.

Cardis wouldn’t entertain the possibility of Tempest being a pill slave if they were in the middle of the Magus Alliance, but they met each other near the borders of the Magus Alliance and the Central Domain. Who knows how many scoundrels she met along the way!

“No one used me as a pill slave. I’ve been sick most of my life and had to take pills almost every day. My illness left an opening for unscrupulous people to manipulate my medication. Tragedy had to befall me before I realize what happened. By then it was too late. I hated taking pills ever since.”

Cardis acknowledge Tempest’s explanation by putting the Vitality Nourishing Pill away. He didn’t question Tempest’s any further because the body of a True Child of the Spirits are weak and sickly when young. The amount of resource required to take care of a True Child of the Spirits are astronomical.

His guild can afford to raise a True Child of the Spirits due to deep foundation and strong economical background.

“Are you feeling better now?”

“Yes. I am feeling much better.”

“I didn’t realize you were afraid of heights.” Cardis tease in a sinfully decadent voice, gentle and silky smooth. Bright amber eyes light up in pleasure as he watches Tempest recover.

“I’m not afraid of heights. I got a little motion sick and you hold me like a sack didn’t help.”

“Alright. Alright, my fault. As long as you are all better then it is fine.” Cardis raise his hand to ward to appease Tempest. Really, did he have to act like a shy little kid hiding behind his mother’s skirt. His gently smiles was heartbreakingly beautiful as he peeked behind his veil of hair in a coquettish manner.

Cardis the flirt was back in full swing and Tempest was feeling the effect of his legendary skill. She wanted to punch the bastard in the face.

“I’m fine.” Tempest grouched and looked away from the gorgeous man before she gives into temptation and gives him two panda eyes.

“Okay, then, time for training.” Cardis said in a suspiciously cheerful voice before picking up by her ankles, “The first lesson is to learn improvise in any given situation.” He proceeds to throw her off the cliff.

Tempest immediately cast [Levitation]. She slowly floated down, only to have two [Wind Blade] sent her way. She quickly took evasive maneuver and dropped down the rest of the way with thunk and roll before getting on to her feet with several spells ready.

“You have a good reaction time and great survival instinct,” Cardis commented after he landed, “but you lack a variety in your spells.”

“That’s a load of crap coming out of your mouth. You wanted to get even with me for destroying your clothes.”

“You could have aimed away from me.” Cardis tacitly admitted his little impromptu tutorial did stem from her digestive issues.

“You deserve it!” Tempest angled her body, keeping Cardis in her line of sight at all time. The man kept circling her like a tiger his prey.

“Maybe. This type of training is a burden a student must bear.”

“Fine, I’ll bear any burden related to magic, cultivation and the spirits. You handle everything else.”

“Ever hear of sins of the father?”

“Your not my father.”

“A teacher is better than a father. And you must bear the my sins.”

“No way am I dealing with your ‘sins’ coming our way right now.” Tempest pointed to a group of well-dressed women heading towards them at a fast speed. She already guesses what he was trying to push onto her and wanted no part of it.

27