Chapter 0091
974 1 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0091

Tempest felt like she was an exhibition in a zoo from the way everyone stared at them.

On second thought, their gaze towards Cardis ranged from joy and happiness to envy and hatred while they stared at the Mizu controlled puppet with curiosity whereas Tempest was disregarded as the fly on the wall.

Cardis and the Mizu controlled puppet walked in the room like they owned the place. In Cardis’ case, he might actually own the headquarters of the Eternal Spirit Guild considering his age and status. Mizu is a spirit that came into existence at the dawn of creation. The group of Elders before her were like kindergarteners trying to act tough in front of a legendary hero who can move mountains and part the seas with a thought.

As for Tempest, she was too exhausted to do anything. The little trip through the chaotic space took a lot out of her. The knowledge she gains through her stroll in a chaotic airspace was immeasurable but it took a toll on her body. She isn’t going to do that again anytime soon.

“Cardis, you’re back. And you brought your student with you too. Introduce us.” A beautiful young woman with shiny blue hair so dark it can be mistaken as black embraced Cardis like she would her long-lost lover, with both arms and legs wrapped around Cardis like a snake wrapped around its prey.

Elysana, could you let go of me first? I’d like to retain some dignity in front of my Successor.” Cardis tried to pry the monkey off of him but gave up after a few attempts. The woman sure likes to cling. If she had any other intention beside a warm welcoming, Cardis would have her flung her off of him.

Cardis had known Elysana Endente for over three thousand years. They’d first met when she was a little girl selling fish she caught from the nearby river and he was passing by in one of his journeys which meant he was fleeing from the responsibilities the guild was trying to heap on his shoulders.

He had sense the overwhelming potential she had and tricked, ah no dragged, um, that didn’t sound better, persuade her to join the guild.

Cardis had a love hate relationship with the powerful water light mage ever since they first met. He loves the young girl sweet, gentle bubbly nature but hate the fact that after he brought her to the guild for training she causes him to gain the title of loli lover.

The rumor of his taste in young woman spread faster than a wildfire fire over a dry field and it took a long time for him to clarify the situation. Most people still believe he had an interest in young looking girls. His habit of flirting with everything that move didn’t help the situation either.

For Elysana’s part, Cardis was like a father figure to her. Granted, she wouldn’t embraced her father like she was hugging Cardis now. Her father was a scheming stern man who wouldn’t appreciate her affections anyways. Cardis was safe. Although he made suggestive overtures towards her all the time, he never did anything but flirts or eyed her sensually. It made her uncomfortable at first, until she realized he never touched her in an inappropriate manner.

At first, Elysana thought his behavior was a ploy to make her chase him. The man would turn up the heat with his intense eyes filled with buried passion ready to be unearth by the right woman. He’d seductively whisper sweet nonsense into her ear while inching closer and closer, then as suddenly as he arrived, he’d leave her cold and desolate with a swift goodbye and a pat on the head. His hot cold treatment left women dizzy with confusion and wondering what they did wrong to turn him off when things just got heated up.

Elysana had seen Cardis destroy a woman’s confidence in herself with his hot cold routine. Shedecided to turn the tables on him so she started wrapping herself around him as she is doing now.

She wanted to heat the man up then leave him while he was desperately in need of a woman.

She wanted to make him feel the pain of being played.

She wanted him to know his actions have consequences.

Unfortunately, Elysana came to the realization that Cardis never felt anything towards the women he was flirting with when she grabbed him in one of their many greetings and realized he’s flaccid.

After careful observation, Elysana concluded Cardis can’t get it up so he overcompensates with excessive flirting. By then their exchange became a habit she found no reason to break. She also wanted to tell the world Cardis was not interested in women, that he was using them to cover his interest in men, however, one look at the man and no one would believe her. It is because Cardis does not see men, at all. Males exist but of were no sexual interest to Cardis.

The rest of the Elders began to rouse from their stupor at his words.

“What?!”

“Did we mishear him?” a man in white asked his neighbor, “Did he said she was his Successor and not his student.”

“No you didn’t mishear him. He did say Successor.”

“The bastard going to take on a student and a Successor at that. Please tell me this is a dream.”Bam! “What was that for?”

“Do you feel the pain?”

“Yes.”

“Then you aren’t dreaming.”

“Wow. He is taking on a Successor.”

“What so surprising about that?” a woman dressing in an I-Dream-of-Jeannie costume sneered, “The girl is a True Daughter of Storm. Of course he’d take her on as his Successor.”

As a collective, everyone “Ahhh,” then turned their attention towards the Tempest and the puppet.

Tempest has a sharp sense of hearing, a large part due to Ventus’ influence, so she heard every comment they made.

“What is a True Daughter of Storm?”

True Child of the Spirits are mortals with 100 affinities in all the elements they are born with. Ventus replied with a touch of a wind.

“Everyone is acting like a True Child of the Spirits is something special.” Tempest probed further. Judging from the way, the Elders are acting, there is a special connotation with a True Child of the Spirit.

A True Child of the Spirits is like Einstein back on Earth, a certified genius that come once in a millennium.

“If one True Child of the Spirit is born once a millennium, then there is a high probability that these old fogies might have encountered one once in their lifetime. Cardis changed his mind after I had undergone the affinities test. He even changed his mind and accepts me as his student. Again, what is so special about a True Child of the Spirits?” Tempest’s resolved to get to the bottom of the issue can be heard in her voice.

Ventus knew Tempest wouldn’t let go of the issue unless she got a satisfactory answer. The issue of the True Child of the Spirits isn’t a big secret, yet it was a touchy one with the spirits.  True Child of the Spirits are born more often than people realize. Affinities exist at birth. Babies are very fragile. They can not handle the affections bestowed upon them by the spirits so they tend to die young. A True Child of the Spirits living to your age is rare.

“What else?” Tempest pushed Ventus further. She knew the spirits wouldn’t lie to her, but they wouldn’t tell her the whole truth either. She’d learn how to push for answers which are important to her and ignore the little things. She gets an information overload if she always demands the full details every time she asks a question.

A True Child of the Spirits is guaranteed to become an immortal if they live long enough. When they do become an immortal, they are more powerful than their contemporaries. It is for these reason cultivators in the other realms would often kill a True Child of the Spirits… even if the True Child of the Spirit is their own child.

“What?! Why?” Tempest began to panic. Parents are supposed to love their children. They go to great length to nurture their offspring. As Agatha Christie has once put it, “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it takes all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands it its path.”

What could violate this great love a parent would have for their child, harden their hearts and make them lift their own hands to kill their children?

There is a misconception among the other cultivators that a True Child of the Spirits can not feel emotions because their spirits monopolize it for themselves. They do not have a sense of obligation, duty, filial piety towards their friends and family. Raising such a child is like raising an animal to bite the hand that feeds it. It is a baseless rumor spread by cultivators in the other realms to alleviate any feelings they might have when they kill their own child.

“What about Asalia? How did she survive?”

Asalia was never a True Child of Storm.

“Due to my transmigration, I became a living True Daughter of Storm, one that the Elders have seen in ages, hence their reaction?”

I’d assume so. I do not the thought process of the Elders to give a definite answer.

Tempest hmph then turned to confront the enigmatic stares the Elders sent her way, only to realize they were never paying attention to her in the first place. Each and everyone of them were staring at the Mizu controlled puppet as if they were seeing the greatest treasure in the world appear before their eyes.

What the hell?

29