Chapter 0093
1k 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0093

All the Elders looked at Kataigida and Tempest with envy and jealousy.

Resonance.

The two of them have a Resonance Bond!

A Resonance Bond is rarer than a True Love bond. In their long lives, mages generally see one, two or if they are lucky three True Love bond formed, whereas they can go live their entire lives without seeing a Resonance Bond. Even Cardis in his 10,000 years of life have never seen a Resonance Bond.

A Resonance Bond is different than a True Love bond in that it is the spirits that bond with each other and not the mortal.

Spirits are mystical creatures that came into being at the dawn of creation. The nature of the spirits is shrouded in mystery.

Ages ago, communication channels between the spirits and mortals opened, allowing the spirits to seek their perfect existences while mortals found another immortal potential they can pursue if there are no other options.

Even though communication with the spirits has been possible for billions of years, humans know very little about the nature of the spirits. Cardis spent over 10,000 years speaking with them and glean very little about their nature and he is the much loved Son of Inferno.

Little is known about the spirits but the information does them do exist.

The information about the Resonance Bond is among the ancient text mages have about the spirits.

The Resonance Bond is similar to a True Love bond between two souls, but instead of the mortals experiencing the union, it is the spirits who experience the union which their mortal benefit greatly.

Mages can increase their cultivation speed by at least ten times if they spend time with their Resonance partner. It was speculated but never been proven that mages in a Resonance Bond can share mana or transfer their injuries to one another. If one mage dies, the mage’s partner can resurrect them with memories and cultivation fully intact. There are other benefits offered to the mage when a Resonance Bond is formed, but up to the mages in the bond to find it themselves.

Mages dream day and night for their True Love and their Resonance partner. It is better if their True Love is their Resonance partner.

Asclon pointed out a question he had been puzzling over since Kataigida’s revelation. “Why does a TrueDaughter of Storm need the benefits provided by the Resonance Bond? The issue with the True Child of the Elements is the power of their spirits is too strong for a mortal body withstand. If you add in the power brought about by the Resonance Bond, then the power the spirits generate would be at least ten times greater than their current output and since a True Child of the Spirits can barely withstand the power they already have then won’t they die even faster if they form a Resonance Bond?”

Everyone acted like a light bulb was lit over their heads. The envy and jealousy they previous felt before turned into pity.

It is a waste for a True Child of the Spirit to find their Resonance partner.

“A Resonance partner can not only increase the cultivation speed but also their spirits favorability; they can also share the burden a True Child of the Elements experiences. The mana receives through their affinities with the spirits can be shared with their Resonance partner, thereby lessening the burden placed on the True Child of the Elements. It is how I lived as long as I have. Tempest shares the burden with me.”

The pity the Elders expressed before morphed back into envy and jealousy.

Tempest watched the show a confused look while making a note in her heart the clarify the issue about the Resonance Bond with her spirits at the first chance she gets, whereas Cardis maintains a cynical smile.

The spirits inside the puppet know how to prey upon human emotions.

Cardis has warped a relationship with his spirits. The more they shower their affections on him, the more he despises his spirits.

He learned one thing in all of his years of living - nothing is free.

The more the spirits give to him now, the more they are going extract from him at a later date.

Before… before it happened, he might be like all the other mages, desperately trying to communicate with the spirits and increasing his power and skills.

Cardis shook his head to clear away the nostalgia he felt. Events in the past have happened. There is no way to change it. There is no reason to dwell in the past when he can live freely in the present. It is better to live in the present. Where else can he see those stodgy stuck in the mud idiots or those flighty flibbertigibbets make a fool of themselves over a girl who hasn’t grown a pair yet?

“Ahem.”

Will the flat plains grow into hills or mountains? Her stature is more suited to two hills rather than two mountains.

Bam.

In his moment of pondering over his disciple's future growth, or lack thereof, another mage tried to get him to pay attention, and when he couldn’t, he gently poked Cardis with enough mana to kill a dragon that caused him to go flying.

“Who dares sneaked attack me?” Cardis roared only to be met with ridicule and disdain.

He can see the snide comments in their eyes, “A greenhorn sent you flying with a little bit of power and you dare call yourself a legendary mage. That wasn’t a sneak attack, that was a gentle nudge to get you attention.”

“As I was saying,” Asclon reiterated, “as the GuildLeader of the Eternal Spirit Guild, I’d welcomeKataigida, the True Daughter of Storm into the guild.”

Applause.

Applause.

Applause.

“Now that the formalities are over, who will get the bestowment?” Everyone turned to glare at the rude mage who blurted out the question only to see said mage glare at a wind mage who he thought framed him when it was the mage beside him who transmitted his voice with a device in his hand.

The Elders were smart enough to figure out a pranked is being pulled but since they weren’t the victim and the issues are one they wanted an answer to, they turned a blind eye to the prank and laid the blame squarely on the victim.

Throughout all this, Tempest looked on with a confused face.

Resonance?

Bestowment?

Seriously, the conversation is getting way over her head.

26