Chapter 0094
996 3 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0094

Daytime T.V. shows back on Earth was nothing to brag about. There were talk shows, more talk shows and reruns of old classics. Nothing is wrong with Montel, Ricky Lake, Jenny Jones or Sally, but Tempest had no interest in dysfunctional family issues, who loves who or trying to fixing things and whatnot. Tempest was a kid. She didn’t understand adult matter nor did she tried to.

Therefore, she sticks to slapstick comedies. She barely had any joy in her life have been diagnosed with mental problems, so she might as well watch some comedies to have something to laugh about.

Gillian’s Island and I Love Lucy was always on. They were the iconic classic comedy. Tempest always laughs at the silly antics of Lucy instead of Gillian, probably because he was male.

Lucy always had tested the patience of her long suffering husband, Ricky Ricardo, which leads to one of the famous quotes, “Lucy, you got some 'splaining to do!”

Now, she understood Ricky quite clearly, though she didn’t want to be in the shoes of a man who married an idiot for a wife and had to clean up after her antics all the time.

“Mizu, you got some 'splaining to do!”

The Mizu controlled puppet, now called Kataigida, shot her a pacifying look saying, “I’ll explain everything later.”

Tempest hmphed her dissatisfaction but allowed Kataigida to do what she needs to do.

Kataigida took center stage with all the attention of the Elders on her. She assesses everyone with a penetrating stare then walked up to a girl looking about 15 to 16 with hair the color of fine silver slowly changing to a brilliant red at the ends. The mage was wearing a skin tight fitting white ensemble made from the skin of a Burning Fire Lizard that lives deeps in the volcanoes, which compliments her brilliant porcelain skin. Intense black eyes watch Kataigida with wariness as she realized it was her Kataigida was approaching.

There was no fan fair of trash talking or face slapping Tempest was expecting.

The heroine in the reincarnated or transmigrated novels always tortures, one up or face slap her opponent. They killed those cannon fodders who get in their way and if they can’t handle it, the main lead comes in and helps them. Of course, the heroine has to kill off all the flies buzzing around the main lead because he’s so handsome and powerful he attracts women left and right just by standing.

Tempest, being a transmigrator herself, doesn’t have the power to do the previously mentioned events nor does she have a reason to. Aside from the groping and intimidating tactics a certain arrogant moron did, Tempest had no beef with any of the mages here.

What she couldn’t do herself shouldn’t apply to Kataigida, or so Tempest thought. What Kataigida had always kept in mind and Tempest had forgotten due to hilarious show put on by the Elders is that they are the Elders for a reason. None of the mages in the room are younger than five hundred years old and each and every one of them is in the sense stage of mage cultivation or higher. A few of them have stuck at the mastery stage for a millennium and need only to take the step to become an immortal.

They are not canon fodders Kataigida can take on, or to be more precise, they are not canon fodders Kataigida can take on while maintaining Tempest’s life. She’d have to pay a very high price to win even one of them.

Even a transmigrated heroine will be swatted like the bug she is if she confronts these sly foxes directly. The rules and honor of not killing people too weak to defend themselves do not apply to this group of perverse beings.

Mages couldn’t sense the cultivation of their opponents anyways, so there were no rules about not killing weaklings. Anyone who confronts them with an intent to kill them dies. End of story.

Fighting them head on is impossible, but fighting them with a borrowed knife is doable.

Kataigida walked up to the silver to red hair girl and whispered something in her ear. All the Elders here have sharp senses, but even when they strain to hear the words Kataigida spoke, they couldn’t hear a thing.

Kataigida gently kisses the top of the girl’s forehead and steps back.

After a moment, the girl flew into a rage. “I will kill you, Mac Divdiel!”

“Ah, Yelin, what was all that about?” the idiot Mac threw a glare at Tempest before edging backward in preparation to flee.

Yelin, full name Ye Lin Qing, charged at Mac with pent up rage, casting her most powerful attack spell, “Blue Fire Purple Lightning Strike.”

The Elders activated the spells they prepared for Cardis’ lesson in assessing the situation while Cardis pushed Tempest behind him then cast his defensive spells.

Tempest took a quick peek and was amazed at the myriad defensive spells cast by the Elders. Not only was Yelin’s powerful attack was contained, but it also stopped Mac’s counter-attack and the subsequent explosion of mana caused by the spell they cast. A mortal like Tempest was perfectly protected behind the defensive spell that she forgot the potential dangers and watched the matched with fascination.

Fire attacks were countered with water spells. Lightning attacks were nullified with earth spells. It was a dazzling display of pyrotechnics no fireworks could compare.

By elements alone, Mac had the upper hand. In a battle where mages have the same amount of power, water overpowers fires. It makes sense considering the amount of energy required to evaporate water. Mac's earth elements also overpower Yelin's lightning attack. He uses his abilities like a lightning rod, attracting the lightning then dispersing the power through the earth.

Yelin had anger and rage on her side as she attacks with blind abandon, unconcern about collateral damage as long as she hurt the man before her.

Yelin unleashed everything she had learned in all of her 800 years of life. Smouldering Flame, Fire Flash, Scarlet Burst, Lightning Strike, Silver Sizzle, and her most powerful attack Blue Fire Purple Lightning Strike did nothing to the older mage. Still, she poured power into spells after spelling as the rage in her heart burned brighter than the sun.

“Stop. You're going to kill yourself if you continue.”Eston Ve Dejur, a water plant mage grabbed a hold of Yelin and encased her the same Water Bubble spell Mac used on Tempest but instead of being used as a projectile, ice formed at the center.

Fire burned.

Water froze.

The dance continued until Yelin extinguish her powers and dropped to her knees in despair.

“Why? Why should I stop?” Yelin’s cry was soul wrenching for the bystander to watch much less Eston, who has pursued the fiery mage for the last fifty years. “Did you know what his thoughtless actions put my family through? What he put me through?”

“What did he do?” Eston asked Yelin directly.

None of the Elders knew what Kataigida said to the mage. They have no idea what caused the sudden outburst of killing intent.

The Elders didn’t realize the seriousness of the situation. Fire mages have fiery tempers. Yelin is a fire and lightning mage. Her temper is worse than all fire Elders combined. A day doesn’t go by where she fights with one mage or another over a minor slight or when she felt the other mage look at her wrong. They thought her attacks against Mac was due to the information she received from Kataigida about a slight or prank Mac pulled at one time or another during their long acquaintance.

Yet for her to attack Mac at full power as well as burning her mana reserves express her seriousness in the situation as well as her hatred for Mac.

“It isn’t what he did! It's who he is! He’s my damn rapist father!”

26