Chapter 0095
1k 3 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0095

Eston was able to calm Yelin down enough for her to explain her previous accusation against Mac.

All the Elders knew Yelin’s situation and how she came to be a mage even though the cultivators from the Heavenly Mountains abhors the Magus Alliances and their so-called morals.

The Ye clan was a small cultivating clan in the Brilliant Sky Kingdom. They were not powerful in the cultivation world nor were they powerful in the Brilliant Sky Kingdom but they did have several Core Formation cultivators overseeing the clan.

The demise of the Ye clan began with Ye Lan Feng, one of the most beautiful women in the Brilliant Sky Kingdom and her encounter with Jun Lei, a core formation cultivator with ties to the Rain River Sect, a mid-tier sect.

Ye Lan Feng was engaged to the third prince of the Brilliant Sky Kingdom, Li Hong, however during one of her excursions into the Eternal Night forest, she ran into a bit of trouble and was saved by Jun Lei, who immediately fell for the beauty.

Ye Lan Feng, unaware of the budding interest Jun Lei felt towards her, invited him to her home as thanks for saving her life. There, Jun Lei shows off his wealth, his cultivation, his ties to a mid-tier sect and expressed an interest in marrying the then naive Ye Lan Feng.

The Ye clan was greedy for the benefits mentioned by Jun Lei so they broke the engagement between Ye Lan Feng and Li Hong, despite opposition from Ye Lan Feng and the Brilliant Sky Kingdom’s imperial family. Ultimately, Ye Lan Feng decided to run away with Li Hong, but before she can get far, the couple was waylaid by Jun Lei and was separated. Li Hong was able to return to the Brilliant Sky Kingdom, however, Ye Lan Feng went missing for more than a year.

When she returned to her clan, Ye Lan Feng already gave birth to Ye Lin Qing. Jun Lei hated Ye Lan Fengnfor spurning his affections. He demanded the Ye family hand her over to him for punishment in return for his protection against the imperial power.

Ye clan eagerly handed Ye Lan Feng, who they believed to be the bane of their clan, over to Jun Lei. He killed Ye Lan Feng in front of everyone to salvage his dignity and reengaged his promised protection towards the Ye clan and left the Brilliant Sky Kingdom without a backward glance.

Without the backing of the sect, the Ye clan was persecuted by the royal family. They were pinned with treason, and the entire clan was killed.

Ye Xiao, Ye Lan Feng’s father, was so disgusted by his entire clan’s greed, he severed any familial ties with him and his clan and took his family, including the newborn Yelin, left the Brilliant Sky Kingdom and settled at the border between the Central Domain and the Heavenly Mountains.

Yelin didn’t blame Li Hong for the destruction of the Ye clan. From her perspective, the Ye clan deserved it. As for Jun Lei, she killed the bastard in revenge for her mother centuries ago.

In regards to her father, it was one of the mysteries she wanted to solve, but with no clues or even a clear direction, she had to put the issue aside. Her mother was dead. She got her revenge. The chapter of her life was over.

Until a True Child of the Elements gave a glimpse into the event leading up to her conception.

It was enough to identify the bastard, Mac Divdiel as her father, the father she wanted to kill for abandoning her mother to her cruel fate.

“You made a mistake. I’m not your father. I have some standards you know. I’d remember sleeping someone as weird looking as you.” Mac’s comment earned him the ire of everyone present.

Bang.

“What he meant to say is he’d remember someone who resembles Yelin’s unique appearances and so would I.” Teric stepped to correct Mac’s blunder with ease. His point settled the Elders somewhat as everyone knows the two of them have been through thick and thin together. Where one was, the other was close by. “We can not discount the power of the Bestowment, but the knowledge it grants is subject to interpretation. I’m not saying what Yelin saw is wrong, merely that the situation is very complex. We shouldn’t jump to a conclusion. The first thing we should do is test their blood to determine if there is a blood tie between them.”

“You are right. We should test for blood ties.” Yelin said grudgingly. The fire lightning mage knew she made a bias assumption on the information she was given and might be completely in the wrong yet she doesn't want to let go of the only solid lead she had to unravel her mother’s situation.

“I have a high-quality Blood Bond Stone here. Use it to test their blood. I’m sure no one would question the result since the stone came from an uninterested third party.” Cardis brought out a pristine clear white stone that caused Tempest’s blood to surge before tossing it to Asclon, the Guild Master of the Eternal Spirit Guild.

Blood Bond Stone, as the name implies, can determine the blood relationship two people have. The higher the quality, the farther the relationship it can determine. Low-quality Blood Bond Stones can determine an immediate familial relationship while medium quality Blood Bond Stones can determine the relationship between two people up to three generations; a high-quality Blood Bond Stones can determine the relationship between two people up to seven generations.

Asclon ordered the Mac and Yelin to donate a drop of their blood, which the two did willingly.

Three seconds after the blood touched the stone; it turned a bright shade of red then deepened until it was black.

Everyone sucked in their breath. Yelin stared at Mac with hostility.

When a Blood Bond Stone shines red, it indicates an immediate familiar relationship and the subsequent color it changes into indicating the type of relationship, either parental or sibling.

Since Yelin is much younger than Mac, she can’t be his mother so Mac has to be Yelin’s father.

“What do have to say for yourself now, father!” Yelin spat out. If there was an anger meter next to Yelin then one can see it steadily rising to extreme rage.

“I don’t remember having sex with your mother.”

Bang.

“What your father meant to say is that he has no recollection of meeting your mother. The only time I let this fool out of my sight was when he was stuck in the special dimension. It can only happen then. Did anyone in your family mention a spatial crack occurring around the time of your conception?” Teric again stepped in to smoothed ruffled feathers.

“Yeah, what he said.”

Bang.

Bang.

Bang.

Yelin’s attack against Mac caused nothing but superficial wounds that healed immediately. The beating Teric gave the fool caused Mac to look like a panda superimposed over a pig.

“There was a spatial crack at the edge of the Eternal Night Forest in the Brilliant Sky Kingdom at the time of Yelin’s conception. We found Mac in a coma in an underground cave three years after Yelin was born.”Darniel Nocturn Tranveinel, the only space mage in the guild spoke.

“So what if there is a spatial crack during that time. It doesn’t change the fact that he’s my father.”

“At the time when Mac exited the spatial crack, his energy was depleted. By my account, he has been in a coma ever since he exited out of the spatial crack, and stayed in the coma for the next twenty years. Everyone knew about his state back then, even you. Asclon never lets him forget it every time mentions being duped into the Guild Master position.”

“It doesn't absolve him of the blame.”

“No it doesn’t, but it does explain his lack of knowledge of your existence.”

“Should I say I forgive because you weren’t in your right mind? Then what about my mother? Does all her suffering amount to a misunderstanding he can brush off?”

“No, it doesn’t.” Teric pressed his feet onto Mac’s mouth, telling the fool to shut his mouth and let him handle it. Having been beaten into a pig head with panda eyes, Mac shut up and let Teric have his way.“However, we only have one part of the story. We need to know more about the situation to make an accurate judgment. We don’t have a time mage who can peek at past events or an origin mage who can see the source of the conflict, but we do have a True Child of the Elements who performed the Bestowment. I’m sure she can help clarify the situation.”

Teric had successfully turned the situation in favor of Mac with his speech.

Every point he made was on the dot. They knew too little about the situation surrounding Yelin’s birth. Although they have a point of reference, all the evidence was washed away through the river of time and they had no method of seeing into the past.

Kataigida was their best bet.

“I’m merely the messenger. Yelin needs to commune with her spirits if she wanted to know more about it.” Kataigida easily deflects the responsibility onto Yelin.

Tempest can tell Kataigida knew more about the situation, but she didn’t want to say so. It might have been different if Mac wasn’t the one who tried to harm Tempest with his Water Bubble attack.

Sadly, there is no medicine for regrets.

Mac had to suffer until the time Yelin get the whole story from her spirits.

Tempest grinned evilly at the purple pig head stepping stool.

Mac ignored Tempest in favor of comforting his daughter. He has a daughter. The thought of a child elated him at the same time chilled him to the bones. Mac never expected to sire children anytime soon. He wasn’t sure he wanted children in the first place.

Most of his childhood was dominated by his overly strict father demanding the best from his children and his scheming mother trying to wring every benefit she could from everyone around her.

Yet, despite everything, he has a daughter. A grown-up child who hates him.

Mac was truly helpless in the current situation.

“Yelin, you’ve known me for over six hundred years. You know I’m not the kind of man who harms an innocent child or shirk - ”

“That’s a big fat lie. Your Water Bubble would have killed me and I’m only 13 years old!” Tempest interrupt the contrite mage.

“You stay out of this!”

“Like hell I will. Say what you want, but it better be the truth. You being a nice guy is a load of bull.”

“I don’t knowingly harm innocent children, nor do I shirk my responsibility. Yelin knows that about me.” Mac glared at the child but still took the time to spout righteous words in front of his daughter.

“No, the little girl is indeed correct. It is better to start a new relationship with a solid foundation Mac. A relationship based on lies will soon crumble.”

“Asclon, when have ever shirked my responsibility?”

“Ah, if you hadn’t run off to the secret realm, you’d be the Guild Master instead of me.”

“Damn you. I said was trapped in the secret realm, not that I run off to avoid being the Guild Master!”

“Due to your irresponsibility, you end up with the current result today. Yelin’s conception occurred due to your efforts in escaping the secret realm is it not? The very same realm you fled to, avoiding your responsibilities to the guild.” Asclon smile was wicked as ever as he hammered his point.

“Ah umm.” Unable to retort, Mac turned a beseeching gaze to Teric only to receive a helpless shrug in return. There was nothing Teric could say against cold hard facts.

“I suggest Yelin goes into secluded meditation to speak with her spirit about her situation. Nothing should be done without knowing more.” Cardis said to break up the current impasse. “Despite everything he’s done in the past, his intentions were not malicious and as the Blood Bond Stone proved, he is your father. You’ve heard hearsay regarding your mother’s situation. You should give your father the benefit of the doubt and investigate the situation thoroughly. Afterward, whatever you chose to do, you have my full support.”

Cardis gently cup Yelin’s face, reminding Tempest her master is a master of seduction. Even in a crisis, he still tries to seduce women. “This will also temper you as you take the step into the Mastery stage of your cultivation.”

“Wahh.” Yelin cried and threw herself in Cardis’ gentle embrace.

Tempest can only watch the train wreck unfold as Cardis gains another admirer and another enmity as Eston stare at the couple like a husband whose wife ran off with another man.

29