Chapter 0126
761 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0126

The Magus Alliance has existed for over three million years. From the time of their creation until now, the leaders of the Magus Alliance had always kept records of the Child of the Elements. In three million years, they have 32 entries under the Child of the Elements, of which one died before he became an immortal, 19 have ascended to a higher plan and 12 still roam around the Cardinal Realm.

As for a True Child of the Elements, they have 38,650 entries, though they admit the records aren’t complete. A True Child of the Elements is more abundant than a Child of the Elements, yet due to the spirits trying to channeling the massive amount of power to their mortals whenever they wish to express their love, most mortal dies before reaching adulthood.

The 5436 cases who manage to reach adulthood, 3433 kill themselves practicing the magic imparted by their spirits. Once the spirit recognized the importance of a teacher, they guide their mortal to a mage suitable to be their teacher. Even with the help of a good teacher, 1662 True Child of the Elements dies from cultivation related issues. The other 320 True Child of the Elements are killed off by schemes, betrayal, and assassins, leaving 21 entries about True Child of the Elements becoming immortals.

In their three million years of existence, there are two entries regarding the Child of Creation, six of the Child of Destruction and none about the Child of Origin, until now.

It is to note, the three primordial spirits — Origin, Creation, and Destruction — are very different from the spirits mages have affinities to. First of all, the spirits Tempest have existed at the dawn of creation or when the world came into existence. The three primordial spirits exist in the chaotic sea before creation came to be. In short, they exist before the elemental spirits. They can be considered the parent of all spirits.

Furthermore, there are only one hundred of each spirit. Fenix has 85 fire spirits and Graden has 89 fire spirits. Since their spirits are not shared and they exist in their own collective, it can be said there are more than one hundred fire spirits. There are only three hundred primordial spirits in total, one hundred of each.

The primordial spirits are much more powerful than their elemental counterparts. They can not live in a collective like the elemental spirits.

Starm can claim to be the Son of Origin when he has one spirit of origin and Starm with his one spirit of origin can crush Tempest as a True Daughter of Storm without blinking an eye.

“Okay, now what are we supposed to do?” Tempest asked the obvious questions after getting the 4-1-1 on Starm.

Everyone was at lost on how to handle the ticking time bomb, little boy.

“No worries. I explain later. You are not ready for it. I explain when you ready.” Starm spoke like a little baby barely learning how to talk. His manner of speech was one of his methods of endearing himself to the group.

“Why can’t you say it now?”
“Lots of secrets. Big sister Tempest knows.” Starm threw the whole thing back to Tempest.

“Not endearing token bun.” In romantic comedies, there is generally a token bun in the story to make it more endearing to the readers. Since she has a little boy who was trying to act cutely, she might as well treat him like the little bun in those stories.

“Big sister knows.” Token bun smiled cutely. It did not melt Tempest’s heart. Not even by a centimeter. “Big sister says.”

Tempest sighed. “Due to my bond with the True Child of Storm, I can speak directly to the spirit of the wind. They told me secrets about each of you, secrets that you guys may not know yourself. I’m betting Starm knows about it as well.”

Starm acted like a shy brat and lowered his head. Everyone can see he knows it as well by the smile on his little face.

Fenix and the others had an ugly expression. They do not want others to catch hold of their weakness, yet they can’t force the two to explain either.

“Your spirits will tell you when you are ready. Except for Bei Ting Mao. Your secret I can spill.” Bei Ting Mao glared at Tempest but she ignored it. “Bei Ting Mao has earth and metal affinities as well as earth and metal spirit veins.”

Yu Li Ming was the first to understand the ramification. “That explains why you can cultivate so fast and still have a strong stable foundation. Even though you weren’t cultivating the heart, it doesn’t mean your spirits aren’t helping you. They must have tempered your body since birth and when you awaken your spirit vein you can cultivate faster than anyone.”

“That isn’t much of a secret. Anyone can find out about my spirit veins if they were to look into it. I’ve told you about my affinities. A smart person can easily connect the two.”

“It’s too bad your dan tian got destroyed. You might be the first one among us to become immortal.” Yu Li Ming sincerely pitied Bei Ting Mao, though her pity was the last thing he wanted.

Yu Li Ming is a cultivator from the Heavenly Mountains. Bei Ting Mao was from the Heavenly Mountain as well. Now that they are grouped together, the two cultivators from the same ‘hometown' can look out for each other. The stronger they are the better protection they offered.

“That’s just it.” Tempest interrupts the pity party Yu Li Ming was throwing. “His dan tian may have been destroyed but it does not mean it can’t be repaired. His spirits are repairing his dan tian right now.”

“Is what you said true?” Bei Ting Mao grabbed Tempest in surprise. At heart, Bei Ting Mao is a body cultivator. Stupid as the saying is considering he is cultivating the heart as his immortal path now, but it’s true.

Bei Ting Mao went from a once in millennium genius to worse than gutter trash. His fall was like all other cultivators who got turned into a waste, painful and humiliating. The process distorted his emotions, twisted him from the inside out. A mage’s cultivation depended on the heart. Even though his affinities were good, he wasn’t confident in his ability to cultivate the heart as his immortal path.

“Yeah. The spirits told me your spirits working your dan tian right now. A mage cultivation goes outer, inner, sensory then mastery. Your cultivation path is changed to inner, outer, sensory then mastery. The change in cultivation is dangerous and painful. You had to be told about your conditions, so you can prepare.”

“I can take the pain.”

“And, uhm, even though they are repairing your dan tian, you still have to cultivate the heart as your immortal potential.”

“How does that work?” Fenix asked. They knew about body cultivators and mages having the same spirit vein and affinities. It is as rare but not so rare no one has ever heard about it or kept the information a secret.

Getting a cultivation method for cultivating the body and heart is problematic.

“Once his spirit finish repairing his dan tian, they’d work on his veins. Instead of circulating mana or Qi through his spirit vein like he uses to, he would circulate it through his veins instead. As for cultivation method, his spirits impart the method when they are finished with their work.” Tempest knew she wasn’t explaining everything correctly but Bei Ting Mao had to put in some effort.

Everyone congratulate Bei Ting Mao on his luck while eyeing Starm and Tempest at the same time.

The spirits won’t share their secrets with everyone, and Tempest mentions them having secrets of their own. Bei Ting Mao secret isn’t damaging but impressive, nonetheless. What information does Tempest have on them that warrants such secrecy?

They are caught in the prongs of curiosity and dread. They are curious about the information Tempest has on them yet at the same, they don’t want to know because a secret isn’t a secret anymore once it is known. From Tempest’s behavior, once the secret is known by others, and they know there are thousands of ways for a cultivator to find the information, their lives would be in constant danger.

“Quit looking at us. We aren’t going to say anything. Would a man who found a million-year-old ginseng blab it to the nearest stranger? Of course, he won’t! He’d find a safe place, eat the ginseng and pretend he never saw it in the first place. Besides, we have more important things to worry about, like getting stronger and of course money. I need a lot of money fast. Since the group’s money is my money, I’m claiming it now. And don’t even think about slacking!”

22