Chapter 0133
746 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0133

The Eternal Spirit Guild impose a limitation on new recruits. They can’t leave the premises until a day after they register their names. The limitation is for gung ho or trigger happy mages who underestimate their opponents or their surroundings and don’t prepare trump cards or life saving measures.

Over time, the members got to use the limitation and adopt it as an unofficial rule.

Hence, the group remains in the room discussing all the materials they need for their foray into the Emblemic Mountain Range.

“The first thing we need is a space bag, preferable one for each of us.” Bei Ting Mao took the lead since he has gone into the forest to hunt beast and forage for treasure before.

“Oh, that’s easy.” Tempest immediately took out several sets of mage robes lined with many space folding pockets. “Here.”

“Where did you get these from?” Fenix asks after she examined the dark blue mage robes. She can tell these robes were high qualities. Not only can the mage robe serve as a space storage equipment, but it also has defensive properties built in. Each mage robe can withstand a direct attack from a green level spell, or 10 attacks from a yellow level spell, or 100 attacks from an orange level spells. A red level spell can’t even scratch the mage robe.

“Kataigida.” Tempest lied. It was Cardis who gave her the mage robes. He bought the mage robes a long time ago for all the students he intended to take and it does come in handy when he accidentally stumbles on a damsel in distress with her clothes destroyed after fighting with a high-level magical beast.

Cardis doesn’t need mage robes. All high-level mages don’t need mage robes. At a certain level in their cultivation, mages can open their space. He didn’t mention the specifics and Tempest didn’t ask.

The other didn’t ask about Tempest’s wealth. They were dying to know why a greedy money grubber like her who threw away her pride and dignity for a few silvers would give away mage robes worth millions of gold but they shut their mouth lest Tempest figured out the worth of the mage robes and tries to sell it instead of giving it to them.

“Don’t forget to bind the mage robe to yourself. Insert your mana into the mage robe until it covers every inch of the robe, the put a drop of blood on the mage robes.” Graden reminded everyone while doing exactly as she said, binding her mage robe to her. Although Bei Ting Mao has more experience going on the excursion, Graden knows more about the materials, weapons, talisman and other goods produced by the Magus Alliance.

Once Tempest saw everyone was done binding their mages, she explained the specifics of the mage robe. “There are 25 pockets in each robe. Insert your mana and toss the materials into the pocket you want to store it in. Don’t forget which pockets store what. I don’t want to see anyone dying because they thought they pulled out a sword and out come a rock or some other useless junk. Each pocket contains a space about 10 cubic meters. 25 space pockets, 250 cubic meters of space. I expect every inch of the pocket space to be filled with valuable items we can sell or auction off.”

Everyone lit up with enlightenment at Tempest’s last sentence. The little money grubber intends to use them as a coolie. 250 cubic meters is big. Six people with 250 cubic meters of pocket space are better.

The group didn’t say anything to Tempest. They are getting a good mage robe from her. They aren’t going to look a gift horse in the mouth. They aren’t that dumb. Beside, Tempest’s request isn’t excessive, and she didn’t say anything about taking everything.

“Oh yeah, here are some junk I picked up from a decrepit vault. Help yourselves.” Tempest dropped the weapons she looted from the Weapon Pavillion into a big heap on the floor.

Everyone except Starm looked at the weapons with dismay. Tempest may have gotten them out of the Weapon Pavilion and help Cardis shed light on a ten thousand-year-old problem, but Cardis still has some reservation sending over two dozen powerful weapons back into the world. He sealed the weapons spirits, limiting their power to 10% of what it once was before he allowed Tempest to send the weapons back into the world.

The sealed weapon spirits can sense their surroundings and anything it touches. They can use their power to probe their wielders to sense their compatibility. If their current ‘owner’ isn’t compatible with them, they can reject them or somehow ‘lose’ themselves and they will be on their merry way, searching for their destined wielder.

Once the sealed weapon spirit found its owner, they can slowly undo the seal Cardis placed on them.

Tempest didn’t care about the weapons she looted from the Weapon Pavilion aside from the two she is using. She never bothered to clean, sharpen or even dust the weapons. Some old weapons still have rust on their blade.

When she tossed the weapon on to the floor, it literally looked like she was throwing out the trash.

Being the weakest member of the group, Starm more than anyone needs all the advantages he can get. With the particular title as the Son of Origin, not any weapon will do.

Starm, knowing the true power of the weapons, leaped into the pile, picking up a sword here, a spear there for an examination before putting the weapon aside.

Not any weapon can channel Starm’s unusual power. He needed a weapon made of materials that can withstand his destructive power as well as his creative powers. The material needs to be strong, yet flexible, able to withstand extreme heat, extreme cold and the rioting power of chaos as well as have no or all elemental inclination.

Starm held no hope he’d find a compatible weapon with the requirement he had. All he wanted was a weapon he can use right now. He’ll be fine as long as it can withstand a little bit of his power.

Starm would say luck was on his side when he found a weapon that resonates with his power. It wasn’t really luck as he, more than any of the mages aside from the Child or True Child of the Elements, knew how much the spirits interfere with the lives of their mages.

“This one,” Starm said with conviction. Starm’s weapon of choice was a dusty double edge rapier that seen better days. The tip of the rapier was blunt, the edges dulled, the hilt brown and crack and a layer of rust can be seen on the sword. Despite the signs of age, everyone can see the rapier was made out of extremely rare and precious high-grade materials.

“Is that made out of Tourim?” Bei Ting Mao asks uncertainty. He is more sensitive to metal since he has affinities with metal spirits, still, he couldn’t believe what his sense is telling him.

Tourim is a rare and precious metal found deep in the sea or ocean bed. More precisely, it can only be found in an active volcano deep in the sea bed. There are only three places in the entire Cardinal Realm that contains veins of Tourim, the Dark Depths, the Endless Ocean and the Sea of Flame.

Rumor has it Tourim isn’t as rare as everyone says it is but the place where it can be mined are homes of some of the most dangerous water creatures around. Even a group of immortals hesitate to venture deep into the ocean for high-grade metals and ores.

First of all, damage from spells and attacks are halves when fighting in water and sea monsters have supple muscles covered with tough thick hides, making it hard for regular attacks to harm them. Second, the environment of the sea bed makes it hard for the cultivator to fight. Unless cultivator figures out how to sense their enemies in the dark, nullify the intense pressure placed upon their bodies by the water and learn how to move swift in said water, most would never venture deep into the ocean. The most dangerous factor in acquiring precious metals or ores from the sea bed is the powerful sea creatures that live there. High-level leviathans, krakens, flood dragons and various other legendary sea creatures are often seen leisurely swimming around. On land, one rarely sees a high-level creature. In the ocean, seeing a high-level sea monster is like walking into the capital of a kingdom and expecting to see another human; it is almost guaranteed a cultivator would meet one.

“No, this sword isn’t made out of Tourim.” Bei Ting Mao sighed in relief when Starm refuted him, yet his next words nearly frighten him to death. “It is made out of Primordial Meteorite.”

That’s even worse!

20