Chapter 0136
709 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0136

“Watch where you are going you damn idiot! Are those eyes decoration or are you blind? Do you know how much this dress cost? I can sell you into slavery, and I wouldn’t even recoup my losses.” A young girl around 14 or 15 years old, dressed in an expensive looking fiery red dress heaped a barrage of derogatory remarks on to Yu Li Ming.

“You’re the one who has decorations for eyes. Everyone could tell you are seeking me out to find trouble. You bumped into me deliberately, and the mess on your dress was from the food you were holding. And I should toss your words back to you. Do you know much about my robes cost?” Yu Li Ming, unlike a certain red who went on a sexual harassment spree, has a sense of proprieties. She knew to keep a certain distance between her and strangers lest she is taken advantage of.

The Eastern Gate might have been crowded previously but the numbers thinned considerably as groups leave one after another. There was plenty of space for people to walk around without bumping into each other.

The young girl in red wants to make trouble for Yu Li Ming. Yu Li Ming was not clumsy. Neither was the girl in red. She was able to deftly sidestep a few mages who got in her way only to fall when she was near Yu Li Ming. The mess on her dress was from the wine she was carrying. If Yu Li Ming was less sensitive to the intents of others and didn’t move back in time then the wine would have spilled on her dress instead.

Anyone with eyes could tell she was causing trouble.

“You dare deny you cause all of this.” The girl in red accused in outrage. It was obvious she has raised a pampered rich woman who is used to getting what she wants.

“Why wouldn’t I? Everyone here can be my witness. You came straight for me with ill intent. Any strong mage can feel it. Next time, learn how to hide your motives better.”

“Damn slut. I’ll teach you the lesson your mother never did.” The girl yelled before attacking Yu Li Ming with her whip, a grade two weapon made out of Brilliant Gold, a strong yet flexible common ore.

Yu Li Ming brought out her long sword and blocked the whip before slipping through her opponent’s defenses and slapping her with her free hand. The girl in red was sent flying. Before she about to land ignominiously on the ground, a man in a fiery red robe caught her.

After setting the girl on her feet, he turned to confront Yu Li Ming. “Yu Li Ming, you shameless little slut. You’re already annoying enough when you pester me for my attention. Now you try to attack the members of my group. Who do you think you are?”

“Big brother Lei Mo, don’t be too harsh on your fiancee. Women do strange things out of jealousy. She’s only acting out of love. Ease your anger, please. The slap didn’t harm me at all.” The girl in red immediately put on a pure white lotus act for Lei Mo’s benefit.

“Ashley, you don’t need to defend her. I know her character very well. Instead, tend to your face. It is all red. Here, I have a cream that would reduce the swelling in no time.” Lei Mo handed her a cream for the handprint courtesy of Yu Li Ming. “What do you have to say for yourself, you vicious woman?”

“Please forgive her big brother Lei Mo. Someone as outstanding as you are bound to have admirers. She’s a concern I’d snatch you away when she confronted me previously.” Ashley sounded like she was helping Yu Li Ming, but painted her as a vicious shrew.

Throughout this two person play, Yu Li Ming did look like the jealous wife confronting the mistress. Those who knew better, which was everyone aside from the two people in the play because cultivating as a mage takes talent, luck and well as brains, made a note not to associate with two actors. One is a scheming woman who wouldn’t hesitate to betray them for her own purposes and the other is an ignorant hot head who would likely get them killed if they end up working together.

As for Yu Li Ming, they’d wait until more information is revealed. Cultivating is boring. When free entertainment presents itself, many chose to enjoy the show.

Yu Li Ming stared at the adulterous couple with shock. She didn’t understand what Lei Mo meant. It was the Lei clan who asked her to accompany their son to the Magus Alliance as his fiancee and do her duty by correcting his immoral behavior as well as preventing loose women from approaching him. She did her best to fulfill her obligation the her future-in-law, yet she was met with annoyance and scorn.

Fear course through her body as her mind began to run the different scenarios based on Lei Mo’s actions. She immediately squashed the fear with a hard stomp of reassurance. Her uncle also accompanied them to the Magus Alliance. Surely he wouldn’t lie to her and Lei Mo misunderstood the situation entirely.

“I..I didn’t-”

“Still arguing! Get lost.” Lei Mo ordered the nuisance away.

“Please let me explain.” Yu Li Ming beseeched. Her misunderstood expression coupled with her tear glisten black eyes and weak demeanor evoke the desire to protect in the males watching the show.

Her reaction made Lei Mo angrier as he already labeled her as a scheming woman who uses her womanly wiles to get her ways. “Get lost!”

“I’d say, the couple putting on a show for us, do you even realize how trite and repetitive your dialogue is? Watching plant grow is more entertaining than watching this sham.”

“Fenix, you are giving them too much credit. What play? What show? It’s obvious the whole thing is a setup and the man is stupid enough to fall for her ploy.”

Fenix looked at Lei Mo and Ashley speculatively before asking, “How is it worse than putting on a play?”

“Those who put on a play merely act the roles they are given. They are no worse than puppets in the hand of the story writer but they get paid for their time. This display shows their stupidity and ignorance to the world. Get it?”

“Not really.”

“Outsiders should stay out of this.” Lei Mo and Ashley were angered by the two interferences but they are level headed enough not to lash out. This is the Magus Alliance, not their territory.

“As far as I can tell, this whole show consists of outsiders interfering with each other. There is no reason for us not to interfere. You aren’t related to either Yu Li Ming or that girl.” Tempest squinted her eyes trying to act like she a buyer examining the goods. She doesn’t do a good job showing her disdain or arrogance towards the duo, but she gets her point across.

“Yu Li Ming is my fiancee’s sister and Ashley is my partner.”

“So your not related. Strangers.” Tempest said contemptuously before noticing Yu Li Ming visibly paling under Lei Mo’s words. She signaled Fenix to take Yu Li Ming back to the group and leave the two idiots to her.

Fenix understood the message and forcibly grabbed the weak Yu Li Ming and pulled her away.

“You know nothing about our situation.”

“Of course I don’t.” Tempest agreed with Lei Mo, “As you don’t know anything about Yu Li Ming’s situation before you verbally attacked her. I suggest you do a proper investigation before opening your dog mouth again.”

“Who are you to Yu Li Ming, intervening on her behalf?

“I am her partner. Remember this, she isn’t a girl you can jerk around at your convenience anymore.” Tempest gave the warning before she walked away from the duo.

23