Chapter 0137
679 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0137

Tempest thought she was cool when she walked away from the couple. She was strong. She was tough. She gave them a dress down and didn’t pull any punches. She was the vicious last boss who kills at the slightest provocation.

Dissuading an insane psycho of their preconceived misconception is an exercise in futility. Many psychologists have tried, and none had succeeded with Tempest.

Tempest didn’t have to go far when she saw a bawling Yu Li Ming and a helpless Fenix standing to the side. She’d also seen the men heading their way only to turn their tails and run at the first sight of Yu Li Ming.

Tempest fell from the high she was on previously. Damn those bastards, leaving me to do all the dirty work. Just you wait. I’ll get my revenge.

Until then, she has to handle the problem in front of her.

Tempest cast Silence, a one circle wind spell that dissipates the voices so outsiders can’t listen in on the conversation. It would be easier to go to a private room to discuss the issue, but Yu Li Ming isn’t going to move any time soon and they wasted enough time idling.

“What are you crying for you idiot? It’s just one loser. You can do better.” Although her words were meant to be consoling, it came out as brash and unconcerned. Tempest wasn’t trying to be sympathetic either. She felt no empathy towards Yu Li Ming and even though they are supposed to forge a friendship within the next five years that was meant to last a lifetime, they are too early in their relationship to have anything but a common goal.

“You don’t understand!”

“And you’ve made no effort to understand me so we’re even.”

“It wasn’t you who’d been lied to all your life. It wasn’t you who was tricked into coming to a godforsaken land with a reputation for corrupting the morals and values of all the cultivators who enter. It wasn’t you who are going to be the object of gossip and scorn, mocked with no way to refute their words. It isn’t you whose entire life is going to be ruined!”

“How do you know I wasn’t lied to my entire life, tricked into coming to a god forsaken land with a reputation for corrupting the morals and values of all the cultivators who enter? How do you know it wasn’t me who was the object of gossip and scorn, mocked with no way to refute their words? How do you know it wasn’t me whose entire life is going to be ruined?” Tempest returned Yu Li Ming’s word back to her.

“Don’t mock me!” Yu Li Ming raged at Tempest before launching a pathetic attack. Tempest easily sidestepped the feeble assault and launched one of her own, a resounding slap on the face to wake up the crying baby.

“You hit me!”

“You can hit me, but I can’t hit you? Who the hell do you think you are? My mother? Ha! Even if you are my mother, I’d still smack some sense into you. Now, are you done with your damn pity party or do I need to throw another smackdown on you?” Tempest doesn’t think she is a bad person when she said she’d smack her mother. Parents deserve respect for all the sh*t they go through raising their children. Her mother went through a lot of sh*t raising her to be a good person, especially when she is considered certifiably insane. However, when that woman is in a drunken rage, she isn’t her mother. She is a stranger controlled by drugs. Tempest doesn’t feel bad knocking the woman out and tossing her on the sofa to sleep the stupidity away.

“I’ll show you.” Yu Li Ming ran up to Tempest and tried to physically attack her. Again, Tempest sidesteps the attack and countered with a hit to her back, causing her to lose her balance and fell to the ground.

Yu Li Ming got herself off the ground and continued her attacks. She went after Tempest over and over again, only for Tempest to evade her attacks and counter with one of her own.

Yu Li Ming wanted nothing more than to rip Tempest to shreds yet she can’t seem to get her hands on Tempest. It isn’t a matter of skill. Yu Li Ming is much stronger and faster than Tempest. She had more training and more fighting experience than Tempest. Everything she learned in the past doesn’t matter if she let her anger clouds her judgment and attack Tempest like a charging bull.

Like an experienced bullfighter, Tempest easily predicts her moves and counters them. It isn’t hard to predict the moves of a girl with tunnel vision going after the target in front of her. She moves in a straight line. All Tempest had to do was move to the side and counter her.

Suddenly, instead of rushing at Tempest like she has been doing, Yu Li Ming took several steps back and cast a spell.

“Ice Bolt.”

“Ice Bolt.”

The two spells met head on and clashed with each other, canceling the spell.

“Ice Bolt. Ice Bolt. Ice Bolt. Ice Bolt. Ice Bolt.” Yu Li Ming chain cast her spells.

“Are you stupid trying to compete with me using water spells?” Tempest sneered. She cast her own set of Ice Bolt. During the time it took for Yu Li Ming to cast five Ice Bolt, Tempest had the time to taunt her and send seven of her own Ice Bolt towards Yu Li Ming.

The five big Ice Bolt clashed into the Ice Bolt Yu Li Ming cast, shattering them into tiny pieces. The two thin long Ice Bolt was able to slip past Yu Li Ming’s defenses and pierce both of her shoulders and pinning her to the ground.

A battle between two mages rarely lasts long. When a mage cast their spells, the spell circle would shine depending upon the amount of mana used to cast the spell. From lowest to highest the color scheme is red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, purple. A mage level and title are also determined by the color of the spell circle.

Both Yu Li Ming and Tempest’s spell circle shine red, signifying their status as red mages. Since both Tempest and Yu Li Ming are both red mages, then the second variable of the battle is the spell circle. Yu Li Ming cast a simple Ice Bolt. Tempest countered with a simple Ice Bolt. Tempest could have overpowered Yu Li Ming by casting her two circle spell, Spiral Ice Bolt.

Tempest chose not to reveal her hand in front of a crowd, therefore she fought Yu Li Ming with her one circle spell, Ice Bolt.

Tempest had thought to outlast Yu Li Ming. Tempest knew she had a large mana reserve. Yu Li Ming’s mana reserve might not be as large as Tempest but it was still large enough to prolong the fight to the next day. Tempest didn’t have the time to humor Yu Li Ming. Therefore, Tempest went in the opposite direction. She cast Ice Bolt in rapid succession and only releases the smaller Ice Bolt after the first five spells clashed, momentarily blocking Yu Li Ming’s line of sight.

The result was Yu Ling Ming pinned to the ground.

“Are you done?” Tempest asked casually but to the defeated Yu Li Ming, it sounded as if Tempest was gloating over her defeat.

Yu Li Ming couldn’t stand it anymore. She started crying. “You’re my partner. Instead of comforting me, you take the chance to bully when I’m down. I thought I had a clan to depend on. Now I know they were scheming behind my back the entire time. I thought I had a family to depend on. My sister robbed me of my fiancee and who knows who else was helping her. I thought I had a fiancee to depend on, except he turned out to be engaged to my lying slut of a sister. I thought I had my group to depend on, yet the minute I was down, you take the chance to mock and degrade me. I have nothing now. I am nothing now.”

“Dude, if you quit being a moping idiot, you’d realize everyone has their problems, not just you. I am an orphan. I have no clan, no family or friends to depend on. And you know what? I get by just fine. At least I don’t have to deal with stupid relatives stabbing me in the back. And you know what? Powerful cultivators don’t depend on their clans, their families or their idiot fiancee who knows nothing about you and whom you know nothing about either. They depend on themselves and eventually, it will be their clan or their family who depends on them. You rely on your powerful ancestor to prop up the clan. Don’t deny it. Almost all clans are like that. The only difference is how many powerful people they have.

And what is wrong with depending on yourself? Because at the end of the day, when you are fighting that high-level magical beast, the only person who is going to save you is you. Unless you expect someone to always risk their lives to save you because one day, they are going to make a mistake and you die or they die saving you and you’re back to square one, alone with no one to depend on.

The worst thing about this whole situation is thinking you can depend on that idiot fiancee of yours. First of all, you don’t even know him too well. If you did, he’d realize you were his fiancee, not your sister. Women from the Heavenly Mountains depending on a man are the stupidest thing ever. Once he marries you, he’d take a concubine or several concubines. Then you’d have to deal with true scheming. You can’t even deal with petty tricks. How long do you think you would survive after you get married?

So take your head out of the ground and wise up. I don’t want to spend my hard earned money on your coffin.”

Yu Li Ming did put serious consideration for Tempest’s argument until she heard the last sentence, which sent her into another bout of crying, though this time for a different reason. She’s so angry at Tempest that she could only cry to vent her frustration. That damn money grubber!

23