Chapter 0192
461 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0192

 

 

Tempest’s group and Fenix’s siblings settled down in a private room Dilien Amerton book for the occasion.

She was an old hand at dealing with her family’s drama and was unperturbed by the event downstairs.

As for the culprit, Fenix was sulking over the turn of events as she slouched in one of the comfortable chairs.

Tempest, on the other hand, acted true to her nature. She started gobbling down food the second the plate touched the table.

“Fenix dear, since you strongly request our presence here, you might as well perform the introductions.”

“I never asked for the twins.” Fenix continued her sulk.

“No asked for the twins, yet here they are.” Dilien Amerton retorted.

““Hey!”” The twins protested what they perceived as an insult.

Dilien Amerton ignored them, choosing to focus on Fenix instead.

Fenix knew she could continue her snit but it wasn’t conducive to her agenda so set aside her misgivings. “Teammates let me introduce you to my siblings in order of age. The blond hair guy with the weird eyes is my 7th brother, Arlan Ben Tivock. He may be one of those annoying Soul Liner but he’s our Soul Liner. You don’t have to worry about him messing around your karma.” Arlan Ben Tivock smiled gently at Fenix’s teammate, trying to give the impression of the good brother living next door. It might have worked if his expression highlighted the opaque eyes that marked him as a very powerful Soul Liner.

Li Ming, Bei Ting Mao, and Graden were on edge around him although they tried not to show it in deference to him and Fenix. They shouldn’t have bothered hiding their anxiety as Arlan Ben Tivock had eyes only for Tempest, who was wolfing down the food as if she hadn’t eaten in days instead of the three hours it was since breakfast.

“The black hair blue eyed girl over there is my 8th sister, Dilien Amerton.” Fenix cocked her head to the side in deep thought before adding on, “Li Ming and Tempest, I permit you to kill her if she gropes you. Unlike when I grope you for your water mana, this pervert does it because she’s a horny slut who prefers women over men.”

“Awww Fenix,” Dilien Amerton threw away her cool beauty image to whine like a baby to Fenix. “I’m not a pervert and I don’t need to grope strangers for kicks.”

“Uh huh.” The bland expression on Fenix’s face spoke volumes.

“Of course. Paying a beautiful but discreet courtesan is much better than groping a random stranger on the street. No fuss, no mess.”

Everyone, “....”

Li Ming slowly edged her way behind Bei Ting Mao while Graden smiled serenely at Dilien Amerton. It was nice to have the pervert label slapped on another person.

It would be better if Dilien Amerton targets Tempest. The little brat deserves it seeing how she insinuated he prefers men to women. Being the target of a female pervert was her just desert.

“What? Men can visit a brothel and woman can’t?” Dilien Amerton affects a look of surprised when she said that.

“It simply isn’t done.” Li Ming said behind Bei Ting Mao. Of all the people here, Li Ming had the most conservative mindset.

“Let me tell you, little girl, as long as one has resources and power, one can do anything. A woman can have six or seven husbands if she can afford it and likewise, a man can have six or seven wives if he can afford it.”

“But that is wrong.” Li Ming continued to insist. Everything Dilien Amerton said goes contrary to her belief, yet it sounds so tempting.

“And how is it wrong?” Dilien Amerton challenged Li Ming’s assumptions.

“A woman must…”

“Li Ming I think you should stop right there and accept the fact that you are a frog living in a well. There is a greater world out there. The beliefs of the Heavenly Mountains do not apply to the other three realms and you should not enforce your belief on them in their realm.

“There is a proverb where I came from that said ‘Do as the Romans do.’ It means you should follow the customs and morals of the country you are in or gather enough power to conquer the country then enforce your belief on to them. If you can’t beat them, well, then you have to do what they tell you or you would get beaten. Who knows, someday, the other three realms might join hands to beat up the Heavenly Mountains.” Tempest stopped her feeding to add in her two cents.

Li Ming knew when she was beaten. She snapped her mouth shut.

“Bei Ting Mao, what is your take on this?” Tempest asked. She was curious about Bei Ting Mao’s opinion since the Heavenly Mountains is a patriarchal society and Bei Ting Mao was strangely silent on the subject.

“Strength is everything.” Bei Ting Mao said simply. For him, who was a fallen genius, the morals of society are hypocritical and bias. He felt that way towards all society, not just the Heavenly Mountains. The Magus Alliance carries the same hypocritical bullsh*t as the Heavenly Mountains. Humans are the same everywhere. Who cares if they are men or women? As long as they are strong then they can rule. The rulers make the rules. Strength is everything.

“Okay enough of the philosophical conversation. Moving on. The black hair black eye girl over there is Xue Lian Hua, fire darkness heavenly spirit veins. Her twin brother is Xue Yang, water and light heavenly spirit vein.” Fenix continued on with the introduction.

“Please to meet you all.” Xue Yang, the younger twin smiled at the group his younger sister brought along with her.

“Likewise.” Xue Lian Hua tossed out then clamped her mouth shut before she can say more and offend Fenix.

Tempest stopped her feeding for a moment to peer at the twins above the rim of her bowl.

“A Soul Liner, a cultivator from the Mysterious Wasteland and two from the Heavenly Mountains. Damn Fenix, your mother got around.” Tact was never one of Tempest’s strong suit. She blurted her thoughts out without considering the consequences. Tempest’s teammate flinched at Tempest’s comment then turn to see Fenix’s reaction.

“Well, yeah. My mother is a single affinity water mage.”

“Is that supposed to mean something? Cause I don’t get it.”

“Higher the cultivation, the lower the fertility rate of a cultivator. It is the reason why large clans urge their children to marry young. When they become powerful, they might find out it is too late for them to have children. Even then there is no guarantee their children have good immortal potential. Single affinity water mages have the ability, ah um, well guide a man seed once he ah umm…”

“Shesh Graden, for a mage you talk like a prude.” Fenix interrupts Graden’s explanation as she figured he’d be too embarrassed to continue. “My mom has the ability to choose the most suitable seed to impregnate her. This guarantees the immortal potential of the child is higher. Of course, she can only guide the potential for body, mind and strangely enough, soul. She can’t guarantee her child would have high affinities as that is determined by the spirits which is why it took her 14 tries before she had me.”

“Ah, you come from a family of overachievers who were born with a golden spoon in their mouth huh? That must be hard trying to compete with them.” Tempest sympathizes with Fenix. The worst thing a parent can do is to compare one child to another and find one of them lacking. They never realize how their casual words hurt even when they hurt when their parents do it to them.

“Oh no, not really. I was the baby mother always wanted. Anything happen to me and my siblings have to face my mother’s wrath. Hehe. Mom can be scary.”

“Keep telling yourself that.” Tempest remained unconvinced.

“Anyways, from our side, we have Bei Ting Mao, he’s the stoic guy holding up the wall. Li Ming is the girl trying to hide behind him. Graden Murkeiel is our resident cook-slash-alchemist. The shorty is Starm Mi Viediel and lastly Tempest. Hey Tempest, what is your full name?” Fenix asked awkwardly. She just realizes she didn’t know Tempest full name.

“Amnesia here. Tempest is a name I gave myself. Everything else, I forgot.”

“Okay, Tempest no last name. Now that everyone has been introduced, let’s get down to business.”

17