Chapter 8: I, the Demon King
171 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I reached that place, I didn't know what to do. Actually, I blanked out when I saw that beautiful and horrifying sight. Lights from different elements converged together to form a beautiful spectacle but the thought that all these lights came from the death of all living beings on Earth horrified me.

My conviction of beating up that scumbag grew but I don't know how. Just from how that scumbag caused that earthquake, I knew that bastard is on par with Tier. 

No, Tier is stronger, I knew that with confidence. Otherwise, this wouldn't have happened once Tier was gone.

Suddenly, an idea hit me. I narrowed my eyes then reached out towards the Earth using the mana around me. I made a gentle scratching motion and the ground gently undulated, simulating an earthquake. Although this is similar to what that scumbag did, this is gentler since no one was hurt. 

What they did was tantamount to poisoning Earth's mana veins while I just gently tickled Mother Earth. But still, the shaking is still large in this area since I made several small earthquakes around it, making sure that the combined waves hit the center. 

Well, if those scumbags got hurt, it's not my problem.

Moreover, doing this to the whole Earth would exhaust all my mana and maybe I'll even die. 

Bastard, if you want to dominate the whole world, why'd you exhaust all your mana? It's better to...

I stopped thinking of the silly things I thought about to become the demon king. Too late...

Ah, when was that? I saw something very embarrassing in my mind. Eh, is that really me? Did I really just laughed evilly in a special custom made throne with the servants bowing before me? Ah, the Demon Lord Tier even encouraged me but he was vanquished by my Hero Mom.

Thank you, Mom, for saving me from the demon! I think I saw him sleeping outside Mom's door after that. Muahahaha!

Shaking those memories away, I sighed then smiled.

The earthquakes I'm doing right now is not really my magic. Umm, how should I put it? It's mine but not entirely. You see, my profession is a summoner. I chose that because it has many uses. 

A summoner doesn't just summon things, they can also borrow the power from the thing they summoned. And right now, I'm borrowing an earth deity's power. Tehee~

It's a cheat because of my principle of 'why do it yourself if you have the means to let someone else do it for you?' I'm just that evil and lazy.

But don't misunderstand, I didn't mistreat them. I also give them something back. If all they wanted are sweets, then sure, I'll buy them a store full of it.

This dependency is also bad because I only rely on magic. I do have thoughts that if I were an ordinary human with no knowledge of magic, I wouldn't know how to defend myself. So I tried to learn self-defense, but only that.

Learning martial arts is gonna take a toll on my body because I'm born with a weak body. 

Oh, I'm very healthy. It's just that I can take a punch or two but I can't even break a karate board. 

Kids can do it, so why can't I? With that thought, I tried it and broke my pinky finger. 

Gahh!! Do you see how weak my body is? Anyways, I gave up then and there. So, instead of improving my physical strength, I strengthened it through magic.

By the way, the deity I'm using right now is someone I summoned from another world. After all, even if I tried, the original deities of Earth have long died once their natural habitat is destroyed. This deity would also leave immediately since it didn't want to die here. 

Back to the present, I figured that they should've noticed me by now so I stopped. That earth deity immediately disappeared, taking some of my mana as payment.

It exhausted me for a bit but I quickly recovered because of the abundance of mana in this place.

I waited and let them come to me. Why? I don't know. I just felt like this is the right way. I just thought that making a sneak attack is fruitless since then I'll just exhaust my mana. After all, I never managed to ambush Tier. It's like he had eyes on the back of his head so I didn't bother.

Two hours later, I frowned. It's not like I wanted to wait for them but if I plunged in right now, I'll immediately die. This mana vortex would immediately suck the mana inside me and leave me defenseless and flightless, I'd literally fall to my death.

I once again thought of summoning something but something glowed around me. Left, right, front, back, up and down. I was surrounded by magic circles. With a glance, I can tell they're teleportation circles. That hellish training finally paid off.

I immediately strengthened the barrier around me as a strong force sucked me to another space.

I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw is water.

Eh, water? I realized then that I can't breathe. Damn it, that teleportation circle is so crude that my barrier was destroyed during the rough transport. But most importantly, I can't swim!

I applied magic to my feet and vigorously jumped out. Success!! 

While coughing, I noticed I was in a pond. Is it that deep?! 

While still trying to catch my breath, I regained my energy and looked around. I seem to be inside a building with the walls covered with withered plants. I'm also sitting on crumbling grass and beside me is a murky pond. Its like a greenhouse, but an old and dilapidated one. 

Then I heard footsteps. Someone came over and I saw a man.

Wearing a black robe with a hood covering his face, I can only see his eyes. How? Because his blue eyes glowed in the dark. It was very beautiful and I was mesmerized. 

And then he spoke.

[Who are you?]

4