Chapter 12: New World
127 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I didn't scream, as if seeing a big dog that can talk to me telepathically is a regular thing.

Usually, people would be scared and run away, but I just stayed calm. However, I'm amazed at what I'm seeing right now. Well, with what I've experienced these past few hours, maybe I've become weird myself.

Besides, with my destiny of meeting unordinary (extraordinary?) people on Earth very often, even the annoying ones, I can consider something abnormal as normal. Don't forget; I'm a summoner. I saw many weird things and creatures all the time.

Azure: Are you feeling better now?

The dog spoke again. I can see a worried look in its face (though some might protest on how I can see that from a dog's face). It rubbed its nose in my face as if checking up on a patient. I just nodded blankly.

Although I knew that I'm fine physically, I also knew that I'm missing something. It's a vague feeling like something shifted inside me. I didn't bother looking closely at it. As if doing so would break the fragile mentality I managed to make to prop up my consciousness. So, although I've only met this dog for a few minutes, I can accept anything even though it's being overly familiar.

Azure: Good.

I wonder why, but he really reminded me of Azure. Oh, speaking of which, where is he? And what happened after I passed out? I asked the big dog these questions. Then I was shocked by what it told me next.

Azure: It is I, Azure.

I was surprised. So he became a dog then.

Azure: This is just transformation magic that I obtained after you named me.

Ooh. So that's how it is. But why a dog? No, before that, I should really stop calling him a dog.

Azure: After you passed out, we came through the other side of the gate.

Then he explained to me what happened. 

It turned out that when the gate was closing, he had no choice but to cross it. I had no opinions on this since I also wanted to live. But when he reached the other side, there was no Greed in sight. I didn't have much reaction as that's to be expected.

Which idiotic criminal would stay at the scene of the crime?

I let it sink in but what I'm more concerned about is that demon Greed and what the hell he's doing now? I wanted to beat that demon so badly, but I don't know how. After all, my last attempt ended in me being captured and being a front line audience to my world's destruction.

I closed my eyes and shook my head as I erased the last thought from my mind.

Well, I think I'll have my chances when I meet him again. I don't know why but I knew that I'd meet him again someday.

Right now, let's think of what I'm going to do since my world is gone and I'm in a world I don't know. I grimaced at that thought. But even though this is the long-awaited different world cross over I've been looking forward to, I can't bring out the excitement of exploring this new world. In my mind, I can see that scene where the heart of my world was sucked into the gate over and over again.

Azure shifted beside me, and I followed him with my eyes as if clinging to anything that can distract me from my thoughts.

By the way, by the looks of it, I'm currently in a room. It's a beautiful place, though not as big as my bedroom. The only source of light came from the fireplace, and I think its almost sunrise outside. I thought it's a bit wasteful to keep the fire burning when rays of sunlight streamed through the windows.

I looked around and saw some wooden furniture. It looked like the inn I saw in mangas, and I think I made Azure my pillow. It's a fluffy pillow though so I didn't complain, nor did I move away. I'm used to indulging myself, so I did whatever I want.

I asked him about this place, and he told me that it's a friend's place. Since this is also where he came from, it's a good thing he has a friend or two because he looked like the unfriendly one in a class.

Ruby: How long was I out?

Azure: About a week.

Haa!! A week! How the hell did that happen?! I didn't tire myself when I was captured, and I even got a nap. How can that be? It looks like I've been skipping time these days. I sighed then Azure talked.

Azure: You must've exhausted your mana back then.

Huh? Since when? I barely used my mana.

Azure: But I am grateful that you are awake now. I want to thank you.

Ruby: For what?

Azure: For giving me a name.

Remembering that, I tilted my head. It's just a name, so why would he thank me. And right now, he's nice to me unlike the indifferent persona from before. His attitude made a complete about-face.

Why? He was so rude to me a week ago. What changed? Looking at him closely, he looked like a pet dog that needed to be taken care of —

I've always wanted to have one but a certain demon kept scaring them off...ugh.

Also...these fluffy furs. I can't stop stroking it. It felt so good, but Azure didn't seem to like it.

Nevertheless, that didn't stop me, and I need to get distracted. Anyway, you can't hide it from me. That tail has been thumping all over the place, making so much noise.

Azure: Stop it already.

Ruby: Don't wanna. Its fluffy and cute and it's somewhat comforting.

Then I hugged him like a pillow. He didn't say anything else after that. While petting him, I saw that vigorous tail and my hand itched. What would that feel like? Is it softer than the ears?

Moving on impulse, I stretched out my hands and touched his tail. He reacted by transforming into his original form.

Now that I looked at him, he seems quite human, just with dog parts and horns. You know, like those beastmen in novels.

It surprised me when he transformed. But...what if I got poked by your horns!! Ah, but those fluffy ears are making my hands itch.

Azure: Don't you ever touch my tail.

He looked so serious, but he said that with a red face. I don't know why but I felt the atmosphere heat up. Phew...I need some air. But I wonder why I can't touch his tail.

I was about to ask when the door suddenly banged open.

??: Shut it! It's so early in the morning, and you're making too much noise.

A guy with the same dog parts like Azure came out but with no horns.

When he saw us, he was surprised as he closed the door while apologizing. Then I realized our position. Azure was pinning me down and half of my body exposed. Come to think of it, I'm wearing something like a kimono and somehow...I knew that I had nothing underneath.

No! You've got the wrong idea! Get back in here you pervy dog!

4