Chapter 15: Eukarian
105 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--Meanwhile, in a particular place--

Ruby: This is amazing.

Everywhere I look, I only see animals having human-like features living in a historical setting. Or is it humans having animal characteristics? Whats weird is that I can't seem to find anyone like me, a human with no animal ears or tail attached.

When I invited Azure for a walk, he told me to disguise myself so that I wouldn't attract some people here. He said some bandits collect rare items, including people. It seemed there are also auctions selling hu--people like them?

Wow, he's acting like a parent trying to scare a kid not to talk to strangers. With no choice, I disguised myself as a bunny to poke fun at him making fun of me. Also, I love those little critters.

He also gave me a red dress which is somehow restricting around the waist. It comes with a white shirt reaching my neck and a black corset-like thing around the waist. I think he tightened it too much, but it was adorable — especially the black flower embroidery at the edges of the knee-length red skirt. The black heeled boots reaching my knees completed the set.

I saw my appearance in a mirror-like thing. Hmm, it's kind of more watery than the solid thing I'm familiar with. But I digress...

[T-this... its rather familiar. Like I've seen this before...]

[Is that so? Here, wear this.]

He gave me a brown cape. That moment, it clicked.

This is like my Red Riding Hood costume. Although the cape's color is wrong, the clothes are almost identical, down to the very tight corset it comes with.

I looked at Azure, and he just blinked at me.

[Yep, it looks good on you.]

He said that with a delighted smile. I narrowed my eyes. It seemed like not just my magic is transferred through that contract. I sighed before nodding my head.

Oh well, not that it mattered.

***

When I first went outside, I was a bit confused and had a culture shock, though I guess that's normal.

When Tier let me go on business trips, I have to perform proper etiquette. When in Rome, do what the Romans do kind of thing. But for me, because Tier and Aunt Veda are there, I just stand there and look pretty. They handle all the work, so I just treat those trips as vacations. As a result, I developed a poker face for negotiations and indifferent smiles for parties.

Of course, I also practiced that cold and domineering CEO aura which they tell me is not necessary (maybe because of a particular demon) but...hmph, I'm still the big bad boss! (tsundere mode, alert!)

Although I said that, I'm shaking inside. When in parties and someone tried to talk to me, my brain was like: they're talking to me, what do i say? What to do! I'm not good at socializing. Help!!!

As a result, Tier does all the talking for me...I'm reflecting...orz

There was that time when I met with a business partner alone. We almost lost that prominent investor. You see, I almost killed that one. Tehee!

I know that they have this culture where they kiss people on the cheeks when they meet, right? I was alright with a kiss on the cheeks, but that bastard pretended to slip and reached for a kiss on the lips! THE LIPS! This old lady's first kiss is reserved! (But another bastard stole my first kiss!!! Azure, I'm looking at you!!!)

I don't care if they're handsome or ugly, but this woman's lips is not for play!

Yup, so that investor ended up in the hospital for weeks. After all, when he went for the lips, I ‘instinctively (purposely)' smacked him with so much force that it broke his jaw. Not making him a vegetable his whole life is mercy from me.

‘nough said. I'm already in a new world; it's pointless reminiscing about my past world. Well...I did like reading those transmigration novels. Yup, I'm excited for my first tour of a new world. New flora and fauna. Unique geography. New people. And best of all, new food!

Ah, all these imaginings are making me more curious.

Despite what happened to my world, I wouldn't waste my time talking about my feelings and give a one chapter drama. I'm not the type to cling to things like that, but I would deal with those one at a time. Besides, I'm alive (for now)! Let's live this life to the fullest!!

Liar. That voice whispered in my head once again.

Ignoring it, I continued following Azure.

****

While I was strolling in town with Azure, I asked him about this world. He told me that this world's name is Theuserra (tey-u-se-ria). And they call themselves Eukarians (a word roughly translated to person or beastmen).

Come to think of it; I could speak this world's language because of my contract with Azure. It seems like that contract is useful after all.

He also said that no humans lived here, only those beings you see in Earth books and myths. I could easily accept that since I've constantly been summoning such creatures ever since I was a child. Heck, my first summon was a Demon Lord! But I digress...

As I observed the town, I found it's more like a simple city, except more historical-ish from Medieval Europe but the fashion here mixed eastern and western traditional styles.

The level of technology here looked old, but I think I saw magic items, so the convenience here shouldn't lose to modern times.

Anyways, I also see beings with fancy clothes so they might be important people. With my experience as a rich girl, I instinctively straightened my back and made my usual poker face when we passed them. I also nod at them with the usual indifferent smile, and they answered in kind. We didn't talk since I'm still not used to that.

I saw some confusion from the entourage behind them, but since their master didn't talk, they just bowed their heads. It seemed like Azure went stiff beside me but I couldn't care less. I returned to my normal posture when I left their sight. Thankfully, there aren't that many of them loitering this town. Though why I did that in the first place is a mystery. I just chalked it up to habit.

Continuing my exploration, I saw the street full of Eukarians (beastmen)...why does it feel like I'm in a zoo? Though in this world, humans would be the ones locked up.

Aahh, I'm in heaven. Those cute little mofumofu children playing tag are making my hands itch. I want to squeeze them and pet them. I startled back to awareness when Azure yanked my hood. He looked coldly at me while I guiltily bowed my head, realizing my expression and actions seemed like a pedo.

Then, I noticed more and more people in the direction we're heading.

Ruby: What a lively place is there some kind of event?

Azure: Oh, it must be because of that.

Ruby: Of what?

Azure: Hmm, when the sun and moon intersect with each other, the whole world would celebrate that day. A week before that day, meteor showers would appear, regardless of day or night. This is a sign that an eclipse would appear in seven days and that a new God had been born.

Ruby: Eh? God?

Azure: Hmm. Ah, I guess it's different in your world. Here, new Gods are born, or old Gods are reborn after dying.

Ruby: Huh? Do gods die??

Azure: Yes, they do.

Ruby: He~ so there's something like that in here. Interesting.

I have to see if there's a library here. Surely I'll need more info about this world. But I'll do that tomorrow, I kind of don't feel like it today. I'll just have to learn the basics by asking Azure.

As the two of us were walking, we heard someone shout. Very soon, everyone gathered to where the commotion is.

Boar: Tsk! The hell is this kid doing here!

The kid was sobbing while being scolded by a boar in a fancy costume. That boar must be a noble or someone important. The kid had sheep like features with afro-like fluffy hair and white round ears.

Boar: Hey, kid!

The kid trembled when he heard the boar speak. The boar took out his lasso and whipped the kid in front of everyone. I listened to the kid shout in pain as I dumbfoundedly watched at the sudden violence in front of me.

He kept on whipping the boy, but no one dared to step in. What.the.hell. Is there no such thing as child protection here that even in public, nobody does anything? Anger filled my head as my mana screeched to its peak.

People were noticing, but when I was about to step in, Azure stopped me. 

Azure: Stop, don't interfere. 

Ruby: Why?

Azure: Opposing a royalty means death. As much as we want to help, we can't do anything about it. It's always been like this.

I felt him tremble as he held my arm. Not by fear but by anger at not being able to do anything.

I calmed myself. I can't make trouble here since I still didn't know the power structure in this world. The last time I did that...

But I can't just walk away, right? That would feel so wrong.

I looked at him with pleading eyes, and he understood.

Azure: You just woke up, and I don't want you pushing yourself.

Ruby: Azure, I'm fine. 

Azure: No, you're not!

I was surprised at his sudden outburst. I don't know what to think of hearing his angry tone and pained expression. Should I defiantly answer him or obediently comfort him?

Azure: You're a human and so fragile. I don't want you to hurt yourself.

He gripped my wrist and looked at me with eyes saying he would drag me kicking and screaming if that's what he had to do. I believe that he'd even ignore the cruelty in front of him if it would keep me from harm. I got angry about that.

Ruby: Huh? How come you care so much for me when we've only just met! I still remember your attitude when we first met.

He kind of reminds me of Tier. Now I'm feeling sad and my eyes watered...no! Forget about that idiot! Focus on the idiot in front of you!

Azure: Because you...

Mother: Stop!

The boar was interrupted when a young woman came in. She also had sheep-like features. Holy...what is this cutie doing there?!

She slid in front of the boar with outstretched arms. I clearly saw her trembling frame, but her eyes hid a strange strength.

Boar: What the...

Mother: Please! Whatever my son did, please forgive him! He's just a child.

Ruby: Ehh, she’s the mom?!!

Boar: Yuck! Another pest came in. Do you think I'd stop? Nameless nuts like you should just disappear. 

The grip on my wrist loosened. Before I could react, the boar raised his lasso again.

Boar: Go, die!

As he was about to swing, someone caught it and stopped him.

Boar: W-what!

Azure: The likes of you should disappear.

He looked at the boar coldly, as if seeing a dead animal.

1