Chapter 17: Bunny Cafe
82 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As we aimlessly wandered around, I asked him about what happened a while ago. It seemed like discrimination also happen here.

Ruby: Hmm, so even in this world, these things happen, huh?

Azure: This world has a rule where you must have a name to exist. Those who didn't have one are called nameless, and they perish, not being remembered by anyone.

Ruby: Ahh!

I remembered the insult that noble boar said. Azure didn't react even though that kid was being whipped and was even cold-hearted enough to stop me, but when that boar insulted the pair as nameless, he instantly reacted. I nodded as I understood that the term 'nameless' is Azure's reverse scale.

Azure: The Gods here are the only ones capable of giving a name. Those with higher mana might be able to do so, but it's only a temporary one. Sometimes, that name would be given to another person once they'd served their purpose. That's why those who didn't have a name are treated like trash.

Ruby: That's a pity.

He became silent again, talking about it seemed to make him upset. He must've gone through a lot. That anger he showed was intense and at the same time, sad.

This world...I made a mental note to search it in the library.

Right, I knew this world also has mana. I could feel it's different from Earth. It's pure and unlimited, going in a flow I can't determine. In Earth, mana is recycled to keep all living beings alive, but in here, mana looked like an unending river. I don't know where it came from nor where it ends.

Wait, now that I think about it, naming uses my mana. So that's why I passed out, but only for a week? Hmm, its much faster compared to before. I usually went coma for several months every time I deplete my mana. But then he also said that only gods could give names so does that mean...no, I'm not even in the caliber of a God.

While thinking about ridiculous things, my stomach complained.

Uwaa, this is embarrassing. I looked around discreetly. Hopefully, nobody heard it. Or not...

Azure: Are you hungry?

He heard it! What's with that smiling face? Are you making fun of me!

Ruby: Y-yeah.

I relented while pouting. No choice, my stomach had already taken over my brain.

Maybe his hearing abilities are those of a dog's, so he heard it. Oh well, I'm hungry. I want to eat.

Azure: There's a restaurant around this corner. Ah, there!

He pointed to a direction. It was like a shabby old restaurant. Considering our finances, I suppose that'll do.

Azure: Shall we go?

Well, I can't be picky. I nodded and followed him.

As we entered, I was surprised that it looked normal inside. The shabby old walls and roof is quite nice looking at it from the inside. There're no rotting walls or leaky roofs, either. Well, I shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

A waitress greeted us. She had rabbit like features, and she must feel I looked weird as someone from the same race. Her bunny ears are grey with a more prominent nose and small lips. She looked like a humanized rabbit with very long legs. I peeked behind and saw an adorable round tail. Looking around, I noticed that the other workers are also bunnies in different colors.

Wow, a bunny cafe. So cute.

She showed us to a window seat and left to tender other customers while we decide on our order. There aren't many people around this corner, and I find it's a good spot. I could see the bustling street outside, but the noise is muted.

What do you know, these shabby old walls have soundproofing magic cast on it. It's basic at best, so I could still hear some sounds, but it's good enough that Eukarians with good hearing wouldn't be bothered by the outside noise.

We sat down, and I removed my hood. I moved my fake rabbit ears to show off. Hehe, look, doesn't it look fluffy and comfortable? I smiled, trying to show off to Azure. My disguise is so incredible that you wouldn't be able to tell they're fake, right? Azure just turned away to look at the waitresses with shaking shoulders. I pouted dissatisfied. Well, real bunnies are cuter, I guess.

When the waitress is about to give the menu, she kind of froze. I wonder what's wrong? I reached for the menu, but when I looked at her, she averted her gaze and looked at Azure instead. He also had a confused look and was about to ask when we heard a loud thud. I looked over there to that someone had dropped their tray.

One of the workers were standing there, dumbfoundedly while looking in our direction. The pitcher he was holding was tilted, and water was flowing to the ground, making more mess. Our waitress hurried over and slapped him on the back before kneeling to clean it up. That worker looked directly into my eyes before becoming flustered. He suddenly averted his gaze and panicked at realizing the mess he'd made.

Hmm, I wonder what's wrong with them? Well, not that I care. This lady is hungry! I get grumpy when I'm hungry.

I tugged Azure's sleeve, and he looked in my direction.

[Hungryyyyy.] I said with teary eyes, practically begging him to give me some food.

His face became serious all at once. He called another waitress and ordered immediately. The waitress practically ran to give our order. After a few minutes, our food was delivered to our table.

I blinked mystified. Wow, that was fast.

[Thank you for the food.]

Then I happily dug in and stuffed my mouth. Azure watched me eat while smiling. I'm sure he was laughing inside since he had the same expression as Tier when he gave me one of his heavenly cakes. I didn't mind since the food is delicious.

Mmm, best regards to the chef.

1