12 – Training Has Begun
1.3k 5 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sound of bright laughter echoed in the mirror halls.

“Hahaha! Teehehehe! Not like that you fool!” Ezme giggled as she sat on the floor, striking it with her palm while she held her stomach.

Amara smiled and rubbed her forehead. “You told me to use my head next.”

“Not literally you nitwit! Hahaha!” Ezme burst into another fit of giggles.

Amara’s lips twitched. “If you didn’t mean it literally, you should have said it in a different way.”

“Oh my, whatever do you mean? The meaning should be obvious. It looks like I overestimated the intelligence of mortals.” Ezme grinned as she teased.

“And here I thought that the high-and-mighty angels of heaven would know the basics of socialization.” Amara retorted. “I suppose maybe mortals are the only ones, and the heavenly messengers are socially incompetent. How ironic.”

“Insolence! Such insolence!” Ezme exclaimed and smiled wryly. “Prepare for divine punishment!”

“Oh divine paragon, show this mortal mercy!” Amara begged exaggeratedly.

“Now that’s how insufferable mortals should behave!” Ezme smiled triumphantly. 

A month had passed since the armistice was declared. Since then Ezme had stayed with Amara, other than when Amara took breaks to sleep or bathe. But Amara soon noticed, she needed no sleep - she could, but it was becoming increasingly difficult. In order to even have a chance to feel tired enough to fall asleep, she’d have to spend hours of training.

Lying in bed to try and sleep instead made her restless. The eternal day in heaven didn’t help either, with light streaming in through the windows uninterrupted. So instead she laid to contemplate in silence, discounting the whispers of the incoming prayers.

When Ezme excitedly returned, she would always bring up new ideas for Amara’s training; stolen goods in hand.

It had become a routine.

Amara let out a long sigh. Ezme’s sadistic tendencies were flaring up again.

Ezme would try to trick or bait Amara into doing different things. And follow up with jokes about mortals’ inferiority. And the occasional insults.

After they had returned to her chambers from the meeting on Teyrin, Ezme had picked an empty room to use for training.

There she taught Amara new skills, and Amara began learning them.

Like she was now. This time she was training how to use her divine body enhancement skills.

When Amara’s body started to become strained, it would be subconsciously enhanced by her divine power.

The skills Amara was now training were ones Ezme had helped her create that maximized the flow of divine power above what the subconscious could. Like class skills would, Ezme explained. Amara had recently been training the skill Divine Punch; concentrating the divine power into her shoulder and chest down to her fist while limiting the divine power elsewhere. After the last punch Ezme complained about her stance. 

When Amara had asked what was wrong with her stance, Ezme had contemplated after exclaiming ‘I know! Try using your head this time!’.

Amara had suspected it was another of Ezme’s baits. The long hours of training would make Amara restless, mentally if not physically. Ezme’s playful diversions would lessen the tension, so Amara played along.

The end result, being the laughter that could be heard which eased Amara’s heart. And a new skill.

Spoiler

You have successfully used a previously unused skill! Add skill to directory?

Y / N

[collapse]

Yes.

Spoiler

Skill Divine Headbutt has been added to register!

[collapse]

Amara snorted at the name. When she didn’t think of a name when creating a new skill, it would be named on its own. But more often than not, the name was exactly as she expected.

I suppose headbutting would be an unexpected counter. Maybe I should train it.

As Amara wasn’t allowed to be provided with any items that could be used to increase her combat ability, including target dummies; she had to make or obtain them herself. 

And as Amara wasn’t able to do either as Ezme began training her, she used the only reasonable thing. Which of course, was the mirror wall.

No matter how hard Amara attacked the wall, it would neither crack nor dent. When struck, a low boom would echo through it like the ice lakes during winter. 

Amara had an instant surge of heat, both when her skill activated and when her divine power was refilled by the prayers. She thought as she looked at the light through the window outside. “Hey Ezme, what’s the ratio between prayers and divine power?”

“It should be about one-to-one.” Ezme crossed her legs.

Amara smiled wryly. “So that’s why the numbers are so big. I thought it was angels trying to accentuate their own superiority.”

“Insolence. Such insufferable insolence. You really wish for punishment, don’t you?” Ezme cocked her head as she looked at Amara with an evil smile.

“Maybe I simply like living life on the edge.” Amara turned to Ezme. “If it’s from you? Gladly.” She winked.

Ezme’s cheeks flushed slightly. “Insufferable. Shameless.” Ezme had slowly begun to become a lot more comfortable with Amara, but had yet to build up a resistance against flirting.

“I know.” Amara smiled widely.

Flirting had become Amara’s counter to Ezme’s insults and traps. They played their game, trying to make the other feel embarrassed.

Victory.

“I wonder what the people in my domain would think if they knew. They pray by the millions. Just so I can punch a wall.” Amara shook her head in amusement.

Ezme grinned. “That is the nature of the divine. Our very existence is on another level.”

“There you go again.”(Amara)

“You dare disrespect me when endowing you with my wisdom.” Ezme snorted. “Mortals.”

Amara grinned back. The sound of the bronze doors in the room outside interrupted them. They both turned as they saw a familiar angel enter through the alcove. 

This time she was dressed in armor that looked like dull silver, reflecting colours but no concrete shapes. Made of plate parts that followed every turn of her slender frame, with intricate, decorative curving lines carved into the metal like vines climbing a tower.

The only discontinuities in the plate armor were the moving points like the joints, which allowed the bodysuit underneath the plate to be seen. Made of the same steel, and the appearance of a snake’s scaled skin.

Ah, the Bitch is here.

Alarice, completely disregarding Amara’s presence, looked at Ezme with cold eyes as her voice sounded in the chamber.

“Thought I’d find you here. Didn’t I tell you to remember your priorities?”(Alarice)

“S-sister...I-I’m merely helping Amara so that she can start training on her own.” Ezme responded anxiously.

Amara raised an eyebrow. Don’t act like you don’t want to be here Ezme, you’re clearly enjoying yourself.

“Then you’ve helped enough. Let it figure it out on its own. It makes no difference in the end unless it learns to rely on itself.” Alarice declared. 

Amara furrowed her brow. “ ‘It’ has a name. Which happens to be Amara.” 

Alarice slowly turned her head towards Amara for the first time and looked at her coldly. “A name that will be forgotten. To remember would be a pointless effort. Especially when there are other things that are worth remembering. Such as your place.”

Bitch.

Alarice turned back to leave, looking over her shoulder at Ezme who was looking anxiously between them. “Come. I’m bringing you with me to Biradol's domain. He’s requesting reinforcements.”

“B-but-” Ezme stammered before Alarice interrupted, anger flaring in her voice.

“But what?” Alarice stared Ezme down.

“N-nothing!” Ezme exclaimed and inclined her head as she looked down at the floor.

Alarice nodded and walked out of the room without looking back. Amara could hear her steps fading away as Ezme looked up at her and said.

“I-I’ll see you later.” Ezme hurriedly went to follow after Alarice and Amara could soon hear the bronze doors close.

Ezme needs to stand up for herself. Letting Alarice trample over her isn’t good for her. What’s wrong with her being here?

Amara decided to breach the subject to her when she had the time later.

Guess I’m on my own for now.

Status.

Spoiler

Status

 

Name: Amara

Race: Human (Ascended)

Age: 19 (Earth)

Level: 3 (Error!)

Class: None (Classes Available)

Titles: 

the Ascended

 

Divine Power:

221 569  / 221 569 (100%) 

+ 13433 / h (6%)

+ approx. 9 462 000 000 / h (4 270 452%)

 

Mana:

0/11 (0%)

+ 0 / h (0%)

 

Remaining points: 0

Strength: 209

Agility: 277

Dexterity: 232

Vitality: 247

Stamina: 227

Willpower: 305               

 

Divine Skills:

Angelic Language lvl 3

Appraisal lvl 4 

Telepathy lvl 4 

Creation lvl 2

Realm Gate lvl 1

Open Sesame lvl 2

Select Mouthpiece lvl 1

Divine Punch lvl 3

Divine Kick lvl 3

Divine Headbutt lvl 1 (New!)

Farsight lvl 1

Divine Body Strengthening lvl 4

 

Class Skills: 

None

 

General Skills (˅): 

[collapse]

Amara had put her available attribute points in strength, being her lowest stat. The change had felt miniscule. Amara thought that her base stats had probably been quite low prior to ascension, comparable to maybe around 10. And her ascension had given her a flat boost in stats as her body had changed; it didn’t scale her any acquired stat points up after. 

When Amara thought back to the class options she had. She thought them to be pointless for her to use, and therefore didn’t choose any. 

Ezme had explained that if she wanted a more combat oriented class, she had to first increase her general skills that were related to fighting. Problem was, Ezme didn’t know if there were combat classes whose prerequisites didn’t require mana.

And Amara’s general skills and divine skills were mutually exclusive. If she punched the wall with only her subconscious strengthening, it would increase her general skill.

If she used a skill that boosted the divine power beyond that or had other effects, the general skill wasn’t considered used.

According to Ezme, inhabitants of worlds with mana learned advanced skills similarly to how she was now using divine skills. And those advanced skills were often the prerequisites for the combat oriented classes. 

Maybe Amara could learn a class that didn’t require such skills. But to even find out, she had to raise her general skills.

Amara went back to the wall.

Now that Ezme was going to be away for a bit, she could consider what direction to go in the future. Get a plan of action.

Let’s get some more training in first though.

The deep booming echoes began resounding through the chambers again.

Changed name of the story. Twice.

Cause I'm like that.

52