25 – Classification
1k 2 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The spell previously referred to as ‘Filch’ will be renamed to ‘Snatch’, as it will make more sense and probably be more familiar to more readers.

After being left alone, Amara spent time looking through the capital cities of the world in Ezme’s domain. 

Merely from the look of the old leather bound tomes Amara understood that she had to be a bit careful when using Snatch on them. 

Partly because the half of the skill that yanked them - Explosive Decompression - didn't focus on a single target. Instead Amara simply used the mental image of levitating all the objects in the shelves, and limited her mental image of the following Explosive Decompression to make them float through the Realm Gate, rather than fly.

However, as she was scouring through the first library, Amara realized that she didn’t understand a word that was written in the books. 

Which resulted in the creation of another skill.

Spoiler

Language Comprehension has been added to the register.

[collapse]

Well, now I can start looking. 

Let’s see, what do we have...Basic Magic Theory for Dummies? Well I suppose that works…

Common Magical Herbs and Their Properties? Boring. Useless. I’ll just write down the title as a reminder that it exists. I don’t think I’ll be needing any potions or stuff like that, even if they exist. I can simply get my own healing skills. I can start looking at things like that once I have nothing else to do.

Magic Beast Catalogue? Well I suppose I could look through it and see if the presence of mana has any kind of effect on animals. Maybe there are monsters in some of the worlds? I mean there were wyverns on Teyrin, but they were intelligent and peaceful, as far as I could tell. Besides...I'm going to need some punchings bags. The wall isn't exactly fighting back.

Magic Spells with Applications for Improving Sexual Int- nope. Don’t need that. 

...Or maybe? Let’s hide it somewhere, just in case.

Introduction to Magical Enchantments, bingo! I’ll be keeping you.

Theories on Mana - Where Does It Come From? Boring. Besides, I already know, sort of. Guess it might be interesting to find out what mortals have as theories though? I wonder if they know that Tom is shattering their souls to create mana...what would they say if they didn't know and found out?

Somehow I don't think Tom is going to let me tell them exactly either. Am I right Tom?

...Another time. I’ll send that one back.

Teachings of the Goddess Ezme - A Collection of Records and Eyewitness Testimonies. I suppose this might be a fun read. Or utterly boring, depending on who wrote it. 

Magic Spells of the First Tier. Yoink!

After searching extensively through several locations, Amara found one of the books she was looking for in the royal treasury.

A Complete Record of Classes - Confidential Edition. Jackpot! Now I can finally see what classes there are.

Amara chose to end her snatching, as she had already collected several books that she would need to read. She sent back the books Amara thought she wouldn’t read - unceremoniously dumping them on the floor close to the now empty shelves - before taking the books she chose to keep and arranged them on the shelves in her chambers. 

I suppose I should see what classes are available first. After all, it will likely influence what path I take in the future.

Amara began reading through the recorded classes and wrote down some that caught her interest. 

Spoiler

Warden

Description: Evolution of Defender classes. Evolution requirements: Level 75, any Guardian class.

Known Warden Class Skills:

Interception - Move instantly in front of the chosen ally. Requirements: Body Enhancement level 100, Willpower 100.

Stand Your Ground - Superior body enhancement skill. Replaces Shield Wall. Requirements: 100 Willpower, Shield Wall level 70. 

[collapse]
Spoiler

Archmage

Description: Final evolution of magician classes. Evolution requirements: Level 100, Willpower 200, any Elder Magician class. 

Known Archmage Class Skills:

Teleportation Ritual - Teleport anywhere. Results have proven unreliable, as it seems to be dependent on the mental image of the target destination. Replaces Teleportation Ritual from earlier classes, if such are learnt. While Teleportation Ritual from Elder Magician classes only affects the caster, Archmage class variant allows for multiple travelers. Requirements: Willpower 230.

Elicitation (Passive) - Allows for mana manipulation to affect mana other than the caster’s own outside of the body. Main purpose has been recorded as improving mana regeneration. Requirements: Mana Sense level 100, Mana Manipulation level 100.

Unlocks learning of any class skills from any Elder Magician classes and any of their prerequisite classes.

[collapse]
Spoiler

Archdruid

Description: Final evolution of druid classes. Evolution requirements: Level 100, Willpower 200, Vitality 150, any Elder Druid class.

Known Archdruid Class Skills:

Rapid Regrowth - Regenerative healing spell. Single or Multi target use. Replaces Regrowth.

Language of Nature - Communication skill. Replaces Language of Nature from Elder Druid classes, if such are learnt. Allows for communication with even the smallest forms of life.

Sense Life - Presence detection skill. Replaces Sense Life from Elder Druid classes. Allows to sense even the smallest forms of life.

Nature’s Call - A command skill that allows the Archdruid to command any non-sentient life. Requirements: 230 Willpower, Sense Life level 100, Language of Nature level 100.

[collapse]
Spoiler

Saint

Description: Wielder of the power of the gods. Requirements: Be chosen by a divine being and infused with their power.

Known Saint Class Skills: None. Saints however, are given skills by the divine being when chosen.

[collapse]
Spoiler

Grand Knight-Magician

Description: Evolution of Grand Knight and Grand Magician classes. Evolution requirements: Level 75, and either:

  • Grand Knight class, any Magic Skill level 60 and Mana Manipulation level 60.
  • Grand Magician class,  Body Enhancement level 60 and any Weapon Skill level 60.

Known Grand Knight Magician Skills:

Weapon of the Elements - Clad your weapon in a magical element. Does not hurt the wielder, obviously. Requirement: Willpower 100, any Elemental Magic Skill level 75

Armor of the Elements - Clad your armor in a magical element. Does not hurt the wielder either, obviously. Requirement: Willpower 100, any Elemental Magic Skill level 75

Allows for Knight and Magician class skills to still be learnt.

[collapse]
Spoiler

Archbishop

Description: Final evolution of priest classes. Evolution requirements: Level 100, Willpower 200, any Bishop class. 

Known Archbishop Class Skills:

Hallowed Ground - Area of Effect skill that enhances allies. Effects include empowering bonuses for all attributes. Proven to display disabling effects against Demons. Requirements: 230 Willpower.

For We Are Blessed - Single target skill that enhances allies in same regard as Hallowed Ground. Replaces Blessing of Light. 

[collapse]
Spoiler

Elder Enchanter Evolution 

Description: Final evolution of enchanter classes. 

Requirements and Class Skills are unknown, as no records hold mention of the final Enchanter class, other than their existence.

Class requirements are not satisfied by the following:

  • Level 100
  • Elder Enchanter
  • Willpower 200
[collapse]

There really are a lot more. Holy Knights, Holy Wardens, Knight-Wardens, Ward-Magicians. But I think since I have the time, I’ll focus on a magical class.

I mean sure, having a physical combat class would be useful. But even then I think you’re limited. 

It’s like comparing a handgun against bombs. With a physical combat class I’d only be able to take down demons, one at a time. And by the time it’s time for the battle, there is no doubt going to be millions of demons, if Ryc’zamul keeps up the pace.

If Ryc’zamul summons a hundred demons per day, he’d get what...30-40 million demons by the time the armistice ends?

So even with a physical combat class, if I was to kill a demon every second, I’d kill something like...30 million demons per year. And that’s non-stop fighting, no breaks. Can a physical combat class really help that much? Sounds exhausting even if it’s possible.

And then there's Ryc'zamul himself on top of it all.

Even Ezme said that their biggest problem was the number of demons. No, if I want to have a fighting chance, I need to have another strategy. Which means magic, and technology. There has to be mana based spells that can kill demons by the dozens, even if the demons are powerful.

So I suppose some kind of magic class is what I’ll be looking for.

But the question is...what kind? I mean Archmage sounds pretty awesome. But I think I can create any magical spells based on divine power. All I need is to figure out what it should do. 

I mean I technically already have the ability to manipulate mana outside my body, as I use Mana Funnel to snatch mana. And I already have Realm Gate, and Farsight to travel anywhere I want. 

Archdruid sounds cool, but limited. I mean commanding non-sentient life sounds useful, but I don’t think it’s enough. They mostly just sound like tree huggers.

Archbishop? I mean boosting allies sounds useful. And I suppose I should try to get the people on Teyrin to help me as well. But I don’t know if that’s going to be enough either. I’d rather rely on myself than on them.

So all that remains would be the Elder Enchanter Evolution. Whatever that is. And it looks like to get that I first need to get the Magician class, which will then evolve into Enchanter, then Grand Enchanter and finally Elder Enchanter.

And it looks like imbuing mana into items is a class skill from the enchanter class. Guess that means you can’t actually create enchanted items without the enchanter class?

However, the fact that the requirements for the final evolution are unknown is concerning. But maybe I don't even need it? Or maybe I can find records elsewhere that contains the requirements.

I suppose it looks like I should pick the magician class as the first step. Lets see the requirements…

Spoiler

Magician

Description: Elementary class for using magic. Requirements: Willpower 25, Mana Manipulation level 25.

Elementary Class Skills:

Magic Circle - Skill to draw a magic circle with mana to invoke spells. 

[collapse]

Well I have the Willpower required. Guess I just need to level up Mana Manipulation. I can practise while looking to see if I can find another record of classes. But almost no matter what, the enchanter class seems to be what I should get.

It'd be pretty cool to have anti-demon bullets loaded into an automatic rifle or something. I suppose I'll have a look at what enchantments are possible to make as well.

Even if I'm favouring the enchanter class, I can't be careless.

 

45