Chapter 19
104 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mei Yuan remained silent. It looks like she had a lot to think about and do in order to make things right between her and the man she loved.

They took Youxian out of the bath and dried him as well as dressed him. Rucheng continued, “Changling is a beast and you will soon get to find out for yourself. Going against him isn’t an option, he has yet to discipline Consort Hwan for running to the crown prince and informing him of what was happening here. Killing both Consort Hwan and the crown prince is like killing cockroaches to Oraboni and for him to spare them is like sparing a murder who killed his family.”

Just as she was about to say something, all three of them heard a commotion outside. Rucheng’s eyes narrowed. She left Mei Yuan and Yuhua to take care of Youxian.

She made it outside and saw something she expected. Her brother was sitting in the pavilion drinking tea while the royal palace guards had their swords and spears pointed at him surrounding the pavilion. Her eyes narrowed on them.

“What is the meaning of this?” Changling’s voice broke out.

An official and eunuch stepped forward, “Rong Changling! Although you are the emperor’s biological first child, you have yet to be crowned as a prince of the kingdom. You, a civilian, attacked the crown prince, future emperor of this kingdom. Your actions are the same as treason towards the throne. The emperor has decided to hear your side of the story against those of the Crown Prince, claiming that you only entered his palace to take Hwan Youxian against his will. You also injured his highness, the Crown Prince, and therefore are summoned to the imperial court along with Hwan Youxian for your statements.”

The cup in his hand broke, piercing the flesh of his palms. He slowly stood up, showing his naked body to everyone. His eyes met with Rucheng’s briefly, which she took note of and stealthily ran back inside to get her brother’s sword along with hers and Yuhua’s spear.

“That man dares summon me?!” Changling growled out with hatred. Hearing him, they were all taken aback.

A piercing wind passed their ears, and a sword landed in Changling’s extended palm. His palace gates banged shut, with Rucheng safeguarding it.

The few who turned around to see what the noise was felt that something was off. They were told to bring Changling and Youxian back, but why did it seem like… “If you value your life, you’ll put down your weapons and leave quietly.”

“You…” the official started. Just as he was about to step forward, Changling moved at an incredible speed and came before him.

With a swipe of his hand, he cut the official’s head off and stabbed his sword into the eunuch’s body.

His naked body was splattered with warm blood as his eyes viciously scanned the soldiers. Frightened, some ran straight to him with their weapons raised and yelling but didn’t make it far and were impaled or cut with his sword.

The soldiers who were left standing with lowered swords dragged their shocked selves back along with the bodies of those who Changling killed. When they reported to the emperor, everyone who heard what happened couldn’t believe it.

The emperor, along with his attendants. The royals, servants, the crown prince, official and many more were shocked. The corpses were piled before them along with clear, baffled expressions.

“What did you say?” Wu Yong asked, dumbfounded.

The man reporting to him said as he trembled, “Prince Changling said your majesty shouldn’t dare think of summoning him.”

“What did you all do to him that made him retaliate this way?” Dong Woo asked hurriedly. Wielding a sword in the imperial's vicinity palace was equal to treason.

The soldier looked over at him and said, “Prince Changling advised us to leave, but we were ordered to bring him by force if we had to. Because we didn’t leave, a woman shut us in. Prince Changling then warned us to lower our weapons and when we didn’t, he assaulted us.”

Dong Woo bowed and spoke to Wu Yong, “From the moment I met him, I knew that Prince Changling was different, perhaps we should pay him a visit instead of forcefully bringing him to the palace, after all he still doesn’t consider you as his father.” He advised.

Looking down at the corpses, Wu Yong asked his trusted best friend, “Why is it that he takes after his mother so much? Not only did she deceive me, she ran off to marry a commoner, have him name my son, and raised him to be disrespectful to his father?”

“Is that how you perceive my mother, your majesty?” Everyone turned around and saw Qinghe bowing and straightened immediately.

Wu Yong’s eyes narrowed on Qinghe. ‘He had actually dared to show his face here in front of me after manipulating my daughter?’ Wu Yong thought.

Qinghe’s eyes glided over the bodies on the floor unfazed as he spoke, “If Ah-Ling heard those words you spoke of his mother and father, his opinion of you would only lower further than it already is.”

“Hold your tongue,” Dong Woo warned him.

Qinghe shook his head in response. “I’m only speaking the truth. I know my brother better than anyone, even our parents, he’ll warn you twice before he cuts you down and he doesn’t care whether it’s at home to discipline his siblings or here disciplining his siblings hence what happened with the Crown Prince.”

Looking down at the corpses, he continued, “But to those who oppress towards him, meet their end sooner than expected.”

“This was a blatant act of treason,” a minister stepped out and said with a furious expression on his face. Qinghe turned his attention to the man and smiled. “Feel free to say that to his face.”

Steeling his expression, the minister remained silent.

Qinghe scoffed, “If your majesty wishes to see him, he won’t come since he has a toy to discipline.”

Bowing, Qinghe took his leave.

Wu Yong’s fists clenched. “What was his reason for coming here and spouting that nonsense?”

Dong Woo looked at Wu Yong and felt that what Qinghe did was more of a messenger from another kingdom imparting the words of his emperor.

0