Chapter 30
80 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Changling woke up feeling light-headed. He sat up on the bed and looked for Youxian, but did not see him around. He frowned and slowly got off the bed. He pulled on his robe and stepped into his slippers and left his chamber.

Walking through the halls of his palace, he heard laughter coming from somewhere. Following the sound of laughter, he noticed it was coming from the kitchen and the voices came from Youxian, who he felt he had not seen for a few days, and Qian Luse.

Changling stopped by the door and saw that they were busy. Youxian was sitting on a stool leaning over and cleaning river snails in a bucket while Qian Luse was chopping up vegetables and both of them were smiling.

Youxian was the first to notice the shadow covering the light that came in through the door and looked over. His eyes widened, surprised, and he teared up. 

He stood up and shook his hands out while he rushed to Changling. He bumped into Changling’s chest and wrapped his arms around his body and said, “I was so worried, Your Highness.”

Changling frowned. He did not know what he was talking about, but he just wanted to shake the feeling away that it had been days since he last felt Youxian’s warmth. 

He cupped his face and lifted it so that he could look into his eyes. When he looked into Youxian’s eyes, he saw the tears and asked, “Why do I feel like it has been days since I last saw you?”

“Because you’ve been asleep Changling,” Youxian said as he looked up at him, confused.

Changling leaned down and kissed Youxian, going straight to devouring his lips. Changling only stopped when Youxian whimpered and was slowly falling. 

He looked down at Youxian and was pleased with his reaction. Even so, it was not enough. 

He looked over at his sister, who was frowning, and asked, “What did you do to me?”

She quickly bowed her head afraid of meeting his anger while she explained, “Oraboni came to visit when you returned to let you know that the Emperor summoned him to the palace along with his wife but he heard the sounds coming from your chamber and was not happy. He ordered me to give you a tonic that would put you to sleep so that you could rest and you have been asleep for an entire week. That’s why you feel distant.”

Changling took in a deep breath and walked over to his sister, letting Youxian fall to the floor. 

He raised his hand and slapped her across the face. She fell to the ground and cupped her face that was burning with a palm print.

Youxian’s eyes widened. He quickly got up, rushed to Changling and pulled him away thinking that he would hit her again, “No Your Highness, you can’t hit her, she was only doing what your brother said.”

Changling flicked his arm pushing Youxian away and walked off saying, “Bring me something to eat and have Youxian serve it! I don’t want to see your face.”

Qian Luse’s eyes watered. She looked at Youxian, who knelt down and asked, “Are you okay? He shouldn’t have hit you.”

She shook her head with a smile. “I told you I’ll take the fall for it. Luckily Rucheng and Yuhwa aren’t here or he would have hit them too.”

Youxian’s brows furrowed. “Are you serious?”

She nodded her head as she got up and started putting cooking something for him to eat.

“Does he always hit you?” He asked.

She shook her head. “Only when we disobey him.”

“But he should put the blame on Qinghe, not you,” he said, sitting back down with a frown.

She sighed knowingly. “There’s no use in arguing about this. It is already done and brother has gotten his strength back if his slap can hurt so much.”

*

Youxian came over with the dishes. He made two trips, then sat down opposite Changling and glared at him.

Changling didn’t look at him. He picked up the chopsticks and said, “So what happened while I was asleep?”

“Shouldn’t you ask your sister to report to you?” He asked and Changling could pick up on the attitude.

He looked at him and asked, “Didn’t you hear me tell her I don’t want to see her face?”

Youxian looked away and said, “You shouldn’t have smacked her.”

“Do you want to be next?” He warned.

Youxian lowered his gaze and sat up straight as his heart shuddered. He forgot how cruel Changling was or yet; he hadn’t tasted it yet.

“I thought so,” Changling scoffed. “Start speaking,” he growled at him as he slapped his hand down on the table, giving him a fright.

Youxian jumped in the seat then started speaking as he trembled, “Ah, after you fell asleep, the twins reported to his majesty about your condition. He wants to see you once you are up and discuss your coronation and the decision made by the Hwabake. Prince Lingyun and General Junfeng have taken an interest in the twins and so has Prince Qiong Lin in your sister, Yuhua.”

Changling’s brows knitted. He nodded his head and asked, “What about Rucheng and Qiang Wu?”

Youxian looked at him confused, “What do you mean?”

“You don’t know?” He asked.

Youxian shook his head. Changling nodded and said, “Continue.”

“I don’t know much, but Rucheng went back to your home to tell your parents everything and, by the looks of things, they will have to come here if they want to see Princess Mei Yuan,” he explained.

Changling nodded his head and got up, “Wait here.”

Youxian began to panic. He stood up and asked, “Wh, where are you going?”

Changling stopped in his steps and turned back to him, “I thought I said you must stay.”

Youxian sat back down quietly and kept his head lowered.

Changling made his way to the kitchen, where his sister was busy. He leaned against the door and watched her work.

Qian Luse felt that she was being watched not long after he arrived and turned around to see what it was.

When she saw it was him, she bowed her head. “Do you need anything?”

Changling walked in and closed the door behind him. He walked up to his sister and grabbed her by the neck, but didn’t choke her.

He looked into her eyes and asked, “Who is Prince Lingyun?”

Her eyes widened momentarily, then she lowered her gaze, answering, “The emperor’s younger brother.”

“Is he pursuing you?” He asked.

She nodded her head.

“Are you interested in him?” He asked her and she immediately shook her head.

“No, never,” she answered.

Changling chuckled. He gaze at his sister, then rubbed his thumb over her chin. He moved it into her mouth and her gaze flicked over to him.

His eyes were narrowed on her, and she could tell that he was going to do something.

From the window, Youxuan was watching them. He didn’t want Changling hitting his sister again, so he followed him, but now she was sucking her thumb with tears in her eyes.

“Don’t be so nervous. I want you to show some interest. You can’t be my servant for the rest of your life, but he can’t have what belongs to me. Do you understand?” He asked her.

She looked at him confused, “What belongs to you?”

He nodded his head with a smirk. He leaned forward and spoke into her ear, “Your first kiss and what you taste like.”

Qian Luse’s eyes widened. Her eyes looked towards the window and she saw Youxian, then mumbled something.

Changling smirked and retreated. He looked at his sister and said, “Remember my words.”

She nodded her head slowly, and he left.

Youxian sat down just as Changling made his way around the corner. He drank a cup of tea and shoved food in his mouth to stop his heavy breathing.

Changling sat down and said as he looked at him, “The food isn’t going to run away. Eat slow.”

He nodded his head. Changling ate peacefully and when he was done, he stood up and said, “Come, let’s go take a bath together.”

“I already washed up,” he said.

“Did you clean yourself down there?” He asked.

Youxian nodded his head, making him smirk. “Then I’ll go wash up. Clean up here and go wait for me in your chamber.”

0