Chapter 34
97 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What do you mean?" General Junfeng asked.

Changling stepped forward playing ignorant, "That's how our sisters are. If I decide that I want to marry Rucheng off to a merchant, she won't protest. The same goes for everyone."

Qiang Wu clenched his fists.

"You wouldn't be so cruel," Prince Lingyun said.

Changling gazed at him and said, "It's our family matters."

Qinghe nodded in agreement, "It's true."

Prince Lingyun looked at his brother and pleaded with his eyes.

Wu Yong took the hint and said, "Let's proceed first. If it comes to negotiations then we'll talk again."

He looked at Qinghe and said, "I'll give you a week to return with your findings."

Qinghe bowed, "Yes your majesty."

The court was dismissed after discussing a few more issues.

Qinghe pulled Changling to the said and held his left wrist. Looking into his eyes as he squeezed it, he said, “I see you’re healthy enough to cause me trouble.”

Changling smirked and took his focus away from the pain. Looking at his brother he said, “You know I like playing rough.”

Qinghe raised a brow, he squeezed harder and said, “Not here do you understand?”

Changling didn’t want to understand. “I see you’re getting comfortable with my sister, have you forgotten about me?”

Qinghe’s expression faltered. He looked at his brother and asked, “What are you getting at?”

He stepped forward and whispered, “Should I really explain it to you here?”

“Changling this needs to stop,” Qinghe said.

Changling shook his head, “Not until I’m done.”

“What you are doing is dangerous and could get us in trouble,” he warned.

Changling smirked, “Just stall them for now, I’m going to do something far worse than you can imagine. I want you to meet me tomorrow night at the tea house.”

Qinghe nodded his head, it was best to just follow for now.

*

Changling walked into his father’s office with a smile. Wu Yong got up and sat down with him in the visitors' seat. Looking at him he said, “I can’t express my happiness to have you healthy again, you frightened me.”

Changling smiled embarrassed, “Please forgive me for worrying you.”

He shook his head, “All is well now.”

“Your majesty, I need to speak to you,” he said.

“Won’t you call me father?” Wu Yong asked him with pleading eyes.

Changling looked at him confused, he felt conflicted and only saw Rong Yifan as his father and didn’t want to betray him by calling this man father.

He lowered his head and nodded, “I will try.”

Wu Yong smiled and rubbed his back, “So, what is bothering you, my child?”

Changling looked up and said, “I know my wrongs and I’m willing to correct them.”

Wu Yong was surprised, “What makes you say so?”

Changling shook his head, conflicted he said, “Your majesty, I want to be with Youxian and I do not want you to take him away from me again.”

Wu Yong stared at him then sighed, he sat facing forward and said, “Changling, I know that some men indulge in the opposite sex but as a prince, I don’t think I’ll allow it.”

Changling placed his hand on Wu Yong’s and said, “I’ll do anything to keep him by my side even if it means that I have to kill myself. Your majesty, please reconsider, I think I might even lose my mind at this point.”

Wu Yong turned to his son and looked into his eyes. He could see that Changling was conflicted and sincere. “I don’t understand what makes one man love another.”

“It was love at first sight for me,” he said.

Wu Yong gave him a look of surprise and asked for a further explanation.

“I’m used to doing what I want and being rebellious and all I wanted was to speak to him as per my mother’s wishes but the moment I saw him, I… I guess I fell in love with him,” he explained.

“Have you always been interested in men?” He questioned.

Changling nodded his head, “Yes. My parents were against it at first too but I don’t know what else to do? When I look at a woman I feel nothing and I’ve met so many over the years. I’ve felt some feelings for the last man I was with but this time… I feel so possessive. I don’t even want him to leave the palace and I get so furious with when he does something wrong.”

‘So this explains the lashes?’ Wu Yong thought.

He placed his hand on Changling’s and asked, “Did your sisters explain to you what I said before?”

He shook his head, “I punished them for putting me to sleep so I haven’t spoken to them. Would his majesty please tell me?”

He nodded his head. He stood up and said as he walked to his chair, “Marriage between men is not allowed in this kingdom nor the others so I cannot grant you what you wish but that doesn’t mean I’ll be removing Youxian from your palace.”

He sat down and said, “But I must have you marry a woman in order to produce and heir for this kingdom.”

“An heir?” He asked, confused.

Wu Yong nodded his head, “Yes. Changling, I know you said that you do not wish to get coronated, but that is what I want as your father. You are my son and no one can say otherwise. You are my first born and I was devastated when your mother had an accident. Yes, if only I did my investigation properly but you must understand, I was weak then and the empress's father was putting pressure on me. Your mother loved me very much and I wanted to repay her by giving her the title as ruler of the kingdom. We wanted you to be born outside of the imperial palace so that nothing would happen to her or you but I just did not expect your mother to have other plans and hate me so much for not returning her feelings.”

Changling was growing angry but had to keep his feelings in check. He lowered his head and continued listening as he tried his best to hide his anger.

“But now you are back and I want to make things right,” he added.

Changling looked at him and said, “Your majesty, how does becoming a prince help me?”

He got up and went to sit by him. He didn’t want to speak too loud so that others could listen in. Looking at his son he said, “Changling, Qiang Wu is not ready to take the throne. You’ve shown skill, endurance and the ability to judge a situation. In fact, I think you will make a better ruler than I will ever.”

“What do you mean?” Changling asked, pretending he didn’t know.

Wu Yong smiled, “I know you are no fool. You are the child I made because I wanted you and I want you to take your rightful place.”

Changling sat back and looked at him shocked, it seemed like they had the same ideas. “The empress won’t just sit by.”

“And you’ve already dealt with her, didn’t you?” He asked.

“But what about Qiang Wu? Won’t you consider his feelings?” He asked.

Wu Yong shook his head, “He already knows what his fate is with you now here.”

Changling looked at him and asked, “If I do this? Where does that put Youxian?”

“Anywhere you want him but you will have to marry a woman of my choosing to be empress and have your children,” he said.

“I’ll have to think about this,” he said.

Wu Yong shook his head, “No, you will do it if you want to keep Youxian by your side. It’s just laying your seed in her and pretending that you care.”

Changling sighed and nodded his head, “I’ll take my leave now, your majesty.”

I'm taking a break from writing for the first week of August

0