Chapter 37
44 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Your majesty! You already have a crown prince!” The empress said as she stood up from her throne.

She went down the steps and stood before him with anger visible on her face.

She looked at Changling and saw that he was in his own world yet again and pointed at him and said, “We should banish him from the palace for his unacceptable behaviour. He is a disgrace to the royal family.”

Wu Yong stared at his wife for a moment and watched as she lost her composure. Her anger was replaced with dread and she got down on her knees with her head lowered.

“Forgive my impudence, your majesty,” she said.

The sudden change surprised the Rong siblings and as Qinghe looked at the Consorts, he saw they had smiles on their faces, smirks, in fact.

Her children immediately went to her side and knelt down in a row behind her.

“Your majesty, please forgive the empress,” they said in unison. 

Soon the officials, Consorts and princes and princesses knelt down, bowed to the ground with their heads and repeated in unison.

Wu Yong remained silent as he gazed upon the court. He glanced at the Rong siblings and saw that all of them were still standing and anger was visible on the females faces.

Ignoring the court, he spoke to Changling, saying, “We’ve spoken about your marriage already and I’ve given you a month’s time to accept my decisions. Kim Haeun is a suitable candidate for your marriage and will make a great Consort as she has studied under the finest masters. Sh…”

“I have one question, your majesty, did you consult my parents first before deciding to do what you want?” Changling interrupted him.

Everyone could hear how harsh his question sounded but the expression he had told a different story. 

What no one knew was that Changling LOVED Youxian, and it was a terrible love at that.

It was a love so powerful that even as he stood in court with a blank expression, all the horrific things he would do to Kim Haeun if she even so laid a hand on Youxian’s hair played through his mind.

But most of all, this love he had for him broke his heart. What was he going to say to Youxian when he saw him?

The court was silent. 

They were all waiting for the emperor to say something. The elderly officials were sweating profusely and their joints were aching.

The doors swung open silently and in walked Yifan and his wife, Rong Chushan, previously known as Consort Wang.

Wu Yong’s eyes widened as his body shook. It was as though a ghost was walking in front of him. How many years has it been? 

Their son was how old again?

Chushan’s gentle laugh echoed through the court, followed by her words, “Your Majesty, I’ve returned to the palace.”

Changling turned to look at his mother, and immediately their eyes connected. As he blinked, tears fell from his eyes, but he quickly wiped them away.

They came to a stop before besides their children and bowed to him.

“Ch, Chushan? General Rong?” He was stunned.

Chushan smiled. Yifan smiled and said, “Your Majesty, did you forget you had invited us to the palace?”

Wu Yong tried to recall when this was, but he couldn’t remember at all. His mind was blank right now, and it was all because Chushan was standing before him.

She was plumper than before, her eyes were bright and her attire, you wouldn’t say she was born into a noble family 

Wu Yong was taken aback and could immediately feel the regret he once felt before. He mistreated the woman that loved him the most and he only knew this because the empress that he was in love with changed once she became the crown princess. She changed for the worse after becoming the empress.

Speaking of empress, Wu Yong noticed she was peeking up at the couple that arrived and said, “Back to your places. I’ll deal with the empress’s behaviour on a separate occasion.”

Just as she changed, he changed, too.

Wu Yong turned to the eunuch at his side. “Prepare the palace near mine for them and have the royal chef prepare a grand meal for their welcoming. We also need to celebrate the welcoming of the crown princess, and invite her family as well.”

Hearing his words, Chushan, Yifan and Qinghe looked over at Changling and saw that his brows were knitted. Chushan raised a brow and warned him, “Don’t you dare think of not showing up.”

Changling looked over at his mother, surprised. It was almost as though she read his mind, but then he remembered she was his mother and it shouldn’t be a surprise to him. She raised him, after all.

“You, how are you alive?” Empress Kim asked.

Chushan looked at her and smiled. “It’s nice to see you again, sister.”

The empress wanted to retort, then saw that Yifan was staring at her with an unfriendly gaze. Faking a smile, she said under her breath, “Your scheming ends here.”

Chushan’s smile widened, and she said, “You’ll have my son to deal with.”

0