Book Two: Chapter 3
117 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Shoot them!" Copper shouted.

John didn't need the damn robot's orders to tell him what to do. He aimed the laser gun and pulled the trigger. 

He shot one guard through his forehead, but the other guard jumped him. John landed on the floor and pushed the guard's head. The possessed snapped his fangs toward John's face like a mad dog. 

"Jesus! Take a breath mint!" John placed his gun into the guard's mouth and fired.

The guard's brain matter and blood exploded out behind his skull. John pushed the body off. If the host dies, the demon spirit dies with it. Perhaps because the demon becomes part of the living body during possession. When the living dies, it goes straight to the Afterlife. Maybe the demon returns to hell from where it came from. 

John glared at the hovering robot. "You know, you can be more fucking helpful if you have weapons equipped."

Copper shook his metal cramps. "Then bloody get me a weapon! I have no bloody clue when I was built like this!"

John rose off the rose and pulled out another laser gun from the guard's back pocket. He handed it to Copper. "There you go, smart ass. Let's go."

Copper clicked the gun and followed John through the hallway. They reached a black armor door with a security panel next to it. 

"This should be it." Copper approached the panel and tapped the numbers on the panel's touch screen. 

"What do you mean, this should be it?" John asked. "You never been to the armory?"

"I saw this door before….. I just never checked inside."

"Why the hell not? You are supposed to be a security bot."

"Don't judge me! They only give me certain access to this compound. But we can still check." Copper hovered back after the door clicked.

The cramps on the door sprung off the door, letting it slowly opened. Inside the room, white lights flashed on, shining over weapon racks and armor suit shelving units. Black and grey crates laid around the shelves, and a long workshop desk stood at the back. 

John smiled. "My kind of Toys 'R' Us."

He stepped inside and looked around. No sign of any possessed murder freak. The armory must have closed when the outbreak occurred. "Where are my arms?"

"Over here!" Copper hovered the workshop desk and pointed at it.

John found both his silver mechanic arms, polished and clean. "Here are my babies."

He held up his prison bionic arms and stared at them. “I’m going to need help putting those puppies back on.”

Copper scanned his equipped arms. “Sit down. I can put them on.”

John nodded and sat on the desk. 

Copper shot a red beam at John’s right shoulder until the arm snapped. He pulled the arm off John’s shoulder and placed it on the desk. He shot the beam again at John’s left shoulder and removed his prison arm. 

“You’re lucky I’m here.” Copper picked up John’s silver arm and snapped it onto John’s right shoulder. “Only the security system can get these damn arms off. And I am linked to it.”

John slid off the desk and flexed his arms. “Now I’m ready for action.”

3