Book Two: Chapter 14
65 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

John climbed to the top of the elevator from the open hatch. After he rose, he looked around until he found a ventilation shaft on the wall. "I found a way out!"

Copper hovered up from the hatch. "Splendid! Splendid!"

The robot moved aside as John kneeled toward the hatch, lowering his arm down. He caught Lena's hand and pulled her up.

The zombie climbed onto the elevator roof and rose to her feet. She stared at the shaft. "That way?"

"It should take us to the next level, then we just need to find a stairway to continue going down." John approached the shaft and yanked the vent off. Cold air escaped from the ventilation, smelling like clean shoe wax. 

He dropped the shaft and stepped aside. "Ladies first."

Lena giggled. "You're too kind!"

After the zombie crawled into the vent, John followed her while Copper hovered behind him. The ventilation tunnel wasn't too small for the large black man and his zombie companion. It was like crawling through a metal tube, built for fat people to clamber through. 

"Are you staring at my butt?" Lena asked.

"It's in my face," John answered honestly.

Lena giggled. "You can slap it to make me move faster. Heeheehee!"

"We don't get time for this, Lena. Please keep moving."

The zombie girl clicked her tongue and continued crawling forward. Her butt wiggled as if she was trying to hypnotize him.

"Was she always that crazy?" Copper whispered.

John moved slower to keep a short space between him and her. He didn't mind watching her rear entertain him, but he doesn't want to lose focus. "No, our relationship was more job-focused and mutual. All that changed after I got cursed."

"She's into werewolves?"

"Male werewolves have pheromones that attract females into their pack. Any female. Human or monster."

"Most be bloody hell, having multiple wives. How did you become a werewolf?"

John sighed. "I whether not explain that."

"He fucked one," Lena explained.

"Lena!"

"Bloody hell! What?" Copper asked.

John growled. "It was a prostitute….. I didn't know better!"

Copper laughed. "No shame, mate. Every bugger here got screwed over too. You should have to get off with a doll instead."

"I hate dolls."

"Bloody hell, you are robo racist!"

"I see another shaft!" Lena stopped in front of John. "There is a room behind it."

"Can you see through it?" John asked.

"I can't see. Something gross is covering the shaft. It looks red."

That doesn't sound good. "Just push it open, Lena. And be prepared whatever is on the other side," John ordered.

"Okay."

John started to think he might need another shower, sooner than he thought.

0