Chapter 11
674 3 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the end, Iris gave a Mana Core over to her mom, and told her everything she learnt from the System, including the Mana Absorption Spots.

 

When her mom went away, Rhea came out from the bathroom and sat next to her on the couch. “Thanks.”

 

She looked at her bed that was barren without a single sheet.

 

“Hehe.” Iris laughed.

 

For some reason, she felt a little guilty for just taking her bedding and throwing it into the washing machine. 

 

Fortunately Rhea didn’t seem to mind. She sat down next to Iris.

 

“...”

 

“...”

 

The two didn’t say anything, and an awkward silence filled the room. Iris was still busy absorbing the Cores. They had split the stuff in half, with her ending up with 60 of them.

 

However, her points went up to 70.

 

She had also unlocked one of her Kin Slots. 

 

She glanced over at Rhea to find that she had a bundle of vine next to her, it was tied up like a ball.

 

Deciding not to be nosy, Iris started to go through the next tutorial. Abilities and Emission.

 

She admitted. She was wrong for saying she wouldn’t need it anytime soon. She could only hope for a surprise.

 

When forming a chance, there is a chance to absorb the laws of heaven and earth, allowing one to gain an ability. When this happens, Little Fox will naturally know what they can, or cannot do.

 

Reading this, Iris wondered if her Status Screen counted as an ability.

 

She continued to read on. 

 

Although Little Fox most likely doesn’t have an ability, worry not, for you can still use basic applications of mana. First, enter into a meditative state, sense your core. When you can feel something, run it through your body. This will allow you to find your mana emission spots, the places where you can release mana into the environment.

 

Rewards - Tutorial V - Secret Technique that even a Little Fox can use.

 

“....”

 

Iris was at a loss. A technique even she could use? Was the system mocking her? 

 

She had the urge to grab the screen and slam it somewhere. Taking a deep breath, she calmed herself down. 

 

Since it was an ability she could use, she decided to learn it asap. 

 

However, before she could finish, she suddenly leveled up again. She took the stone out from between her legs and got into a horse stance. 

 

She felt herself heat up from embarrassment as mana pulsed throughout her body. Rhea was looking….

 

No, it's not as bad as doing it in the middle of the streets. She calmed herself down. It was a good thing that although Rhea was looking at her strangely, she wasn’t laughing at her. Exerting yourself while absorbing mana from leveling feedback was a good thing. The more mana you absorbed, the better your body would be tempered.

 

Her next actions caused Iris’ cheeks to be dyed completely red. She took two cores and got between her legs, placing one on both sides of her legs.

 

This way, she had a large intake of mana as her core continued to absorb, refine and cycle mana to temper her body.

 

“Close your eyes.” Feeling like the girl was being discomposed, she suggested. 

 

Iris did as she said. Unfortunately for once, Rhea’s advice didn’t help, as she felt a huge presence between her legs. Feeling her warm breath on her thigh, she wondered if she was being taken advantage of. Unfortunately, even if she opened her eyes, she couldn’t really look down due to her chest blocking her view.

 

She let out a breath. Calm down…. she said to herself. She closed her eyes again to enter a meditative state, concentrating on her own body and the mana that pulsed outwards. Slowly, the turbulent waves of her heart calmed down.

 

“....”

 

Iris opened her eyes and simply looked at her status screen, and started Tutorial V.

 

The ability was called, ‘Take the Full Force of my Status!’

 

Pour your Mana into the Status Screen while it is out. Doing so will Materialize it, giving you a weapon to use on whenever you want.

 

Rewards - Tutorial VI - Shortcuts and Commands

 

Iris tilted her head while her ears twitched. She closed the status window. In her head, she tried to think of ways she could use it. Unfortunately other than grabbing it and bashing people, she couldn‘t figure out another way.

 

She closed the prompt, and read Tutorial VI. 

 

As long as she wanted, she could go straight to the corresponding screen. 

 

Inventory.

 

Task.

 

Along with her thought, the screen jumped from Her Inventory to Tasks, back to Inventory. She could also move her Status Screen around her using her thoughts. Only, after playing around, she felt mentally tiring.

 

That was also the end of the Tutorials. Instead, an additional task.

 

Obtain a Kin.

 

Rewards - None.

 

She felt it wasn’t a task, but more of a guide at this point. Iris blushed.

 

“Rhea… thanks, I’m done.” She had already finished leveling up, however Rhea was still holding the Cores on her thighs. 

 

“Oh,” Rhea backed away and passed her the two cores. She then went and sat on the couch again with Iris following after. 

 

She moved her tail in front of her and started to pet it while looking out the window. It was night again, and she was wide awake. Her sleep schedule had become messed up.

 

She was also a little bored…. 

 

“Rhea,"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"What are your plans now?” Perhaps she had something to do?

 

 

[author] I forgot what I was going to place here. Right, sorry for not responding to some comments. I read everything, and I enjoy it. Just... I'm a little bit disconnected sometimes. [/author]

35