Chapter 4
1.1k 8 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Iris paled. 

 

He must be busy right now…. 

 

She went back into her room. "Mom, Dad isn’t picking up…. How are you feeling right now?”

 

She decided to change the topic. There wasn’t anything she could do right now. 

 

"I’m feeling fine now. "

 

Aly only felt energy from a cool comfortable feeling enter from the surroundings into her, a bit of it went into her head, however, a vast majority was entering into her womb. 

 

It was the reason she was still able to keep her calm and instruct Iris.

 

Iris also let out a sigh. 

 

“Find the clamps as well as the scissors. Also bring a few chairs. You’ll be catching the baby when it comes out.”

 

“Oh…” Iris felt nervous. “Mom, I’m going to move Maria back to her apartment first.” She ran out of her mom’s room and went through Maria’s pockets before finding her keys. She then picked her up and went out of her apartment door.

 

As for wearing her shoes, she had decided not to, since she was in a hurry. She also took the chance to observe Maria a little bit.

 

Her nose was crooked and blood was flowing out. She looked no different than a normal person. She even wondered if she had misunderstood when she kicked her in the face. 

 

When she reached the door, she placed Maria on the floor and opened the door using her keys. Afterwards, she began to look for the clamps in her house. Fortunately, it wasn’t too time consuming. She took the clamps and scissors as well as the first aid kit. She didn’t search further, since she was in a rush. She opened the door and threw the keys besides Maria before going back outside.

 

If she returned to normal, she would be able to open the door herself.

 

Iris rushed into her home and returned to her mom’s room.

 

"Mom, I’m back!”

 

She shouted. She placed the medical kit on the side before rushing out again with the scissors. She went to the kitchen and started to boil a pot of water while throwing the scissors inside to sterilize them. 

 

Afterwards, she took a few chairs and brought them into the bedroom. Her mom changed her position so that she was sitting on the edge of the bed and her legs were resting on the chair.

 

Iris went back out again so that she could wash her hands. 

 

When she returned she let out a sigh. She could finally take a chance to rest. 

 

She looked at the inventory screen. On the very top left, there was a back button. Unfortunately, it was too tall for her to reach.

 

Iris didn’t panic and placed her hand on the screen, swiping it downwards, bringing the back button in front of her. She pressed it, and it returned to the options tab.

 

There were only 4 options.

 

Tasks

Inventory

Kin

Evolution

   

Weird…. Why are they in two different colors?

 

Iris thought in her mind. The task, and kin appeared like someone cut the interface apart and pasted something over it in a hurry.

 

“What are you doing? Also what happened to you?” While panting, her mom asked her. “Cosplay? I never knew you were into kitsunes?”

 

Iris blushed. The tail behind her wagged furiously while her ears twitched. Her mom took the chance to touch her ears. 

 

“When did technology get so advanced?”

 

“I-it isn’t cosplay!”

 

She denied. She hadn’t even looked at herself yet?

 

But the fear she felt had lessened. She was worried a hand had grown out from behind her. However, it wasn’t like a dream come true either.

 

“I’m not a fan of kitsunes….” 

 

Yes, Iris was actually not a fan of people with animal ears and tails. Though, it wasn’t like she hated them too. She was in the neutral camp.

 

Neutral.

 

She was definitely not happy about it.

 

Iris finally dared to look at her tail. She brought it in front of herself and placed it on her lap. Afterwards, she started to pet it. It felt like when she petted a kitten only it was herself, and she even felt comfort when she stroked it, making it a win-win situation.

 

“Can I touch your tail as well?”

 

Her mom’s question caused her to shiver. “No!” She backed off, her face was completely dyed red. Imagining her showing her behind to her mom while she petted her tail, she felt extreme embarrassment.

 

“Alright.” Her mom shrugged. “Come back here.”

 

Iris went back and allowed her mom to continue petting her. 

 

Her mom then told her what to do when the baby comes out. Multiple times, making sure she could even recite it backwards. 

 

Iris was nervous, however, Maria was down, and calling 911 was the last thing on her list. Not with the huge mess outside.

 

She paced back and forth the room before going back to the kitchen. Turning off the fire, she took the entire pot of water into the bedroom before resuming her pacing.

 

“Stop walking back and forth.” Her mom was feeling dizzy just looking at her.

 

Iris stuck her tongue at her. She didn’t want to stare between her mom’s legs the entire time.

 

“I’m going outside….” There was a window inside the room, and it led to the Fire Escape. She might as well take the chance to grow stronger.

 

“Call me when it’s time!”

 

Her mom shouldn’t push the baby out in one push…. She hoped.

 

She went over to the window and opened it before crawling outside. It was still raining despite the sky being cloudless. 

 

Energy from the surroundings automatically began to enter into her, mainly on her head. She got in a horse stance.

 

At the same time, she reached a hand forward to move the screen over to the side. Having it in front of her face all the time wasn’t exactly fun. 

 

Like she was swiping on her phone, the screen moved along with her hand. She moved it to the corner of her vision before moving it back. 

 

However, before she could continue to explore the screen, a bird from the distance let out a screech before doing a turn, making a beeline towards her.

 

Iris’ heart skipped a beat. She realized she had just messed up!

 

She quickly turned around and went through the window.

 

“Mom, sorry!” She crawled onto the bed and pulled her mom backwards before climbing on top of her, using her body as a shield while covering her head with one hand. Her other was keeping herself propped up so that she didn’t put her weight on her mom’s stomach.

 

Bang!

 

Along with a creaking sound, the bird slammed against the building, causing the plastic frame to fly. Iris felt a wind as the window flew over her, slamming into the wall in front of her.

 

She then heard the bird screech in pain.

 

“...”

 

Feeling like it was safe, she glanced upwards before looking back. The bird was lying on the fire escape, blocking everything. 

 

Iris got off her mom and started to laugh when she heard her mom groan.

 

Feeling it wasn’t good, she got off the bed and went between her mom’s legs. It seemed the sudden movements were too stimulating. The baby’s head was already coming out. Her mom’s breathing grew a lot rougher.

 

She took deep breaths as she pushed again. Sending the entire head of the baby out and even the shoulders. Her mom let out a final scream and the baby came out completely with the umbilical cord and all. Iris steadily caught it. She then unhooked the cord gently before taking a towel and wiping the child.

 

Following this, she started to pat the baby gently like her mom told her to, before it started to cry and wail.

 

Throughout the process, she was filled with an indescribable feeling. One of joy, and another was worry. The baby wasn’t human, but a fox!

 

A large one at that.

 

Her mom was lying on the bed tired. “Iris, bring me the baby....”

 

46