Chapter 34
215 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shadow slipped through the random strattlers on the streets. Since it was night time, they were able to go anywhere, and unless someone had sharp senses like that annoying girl, it was impossible to be caught.

 

They easily slipped into the building, appearing on a bed. 

 

It was iris’ room, and her little sister had made her nest inside of it. 

 

Right now, she was snoozing away on the pillow, even doing a turn revealing her soft and tender tummy while she pawed the air.

 

“What do you think you’re doing in my daughter’s room?”

 

Hearing the sound from behind, Shadow turned around and grinned.

 

“Too late.”

 

While dodging the lightning they grabbed onto the mass of fur and then sunk into the ground.

 

“Grr…” Iris’ dad growled. 

 

“You dare!”

 

He went over to the window, and then roared out into the opening. Along with his voice, countless other roars and howls sounded. 

 

Not only this, another being came over. If Iris were here, she would recognize her as Maria. Different from the past, she didn’t appear too ragged. The only thing was, she had grown twice as large, and her muscles were threatening to burst out of her clothing.

 

“Boss, what is it?”

 

“Search the surroundings, the entire city, as well as outside of it.” While passing orders, Iris’ dad didn’t stay idly either. He sent a bunch of beasts over to protect his wife before jumping out the window. 

 

While following the scent of the intruder, after a period of hesitation, he decided to report it to Iris. 

<><><><><>

 

“We need to hurry back!” 

 

Iris who suddenly got the message woke Rhea up. “Rose got kidnapped!”

 

“Nn.” Rhea nodded before getting off the bed.

 

“We’re running the rest of the way.”

 

They weren’t too far from the city.

 

Aelis and the Shark came over, and the group dashed towards the City. They ignored all of the commotion and went straight for the location of her Dad.

 

“Dad!” Iris shouted. Her dad was impaled by numerous icicles, while his blood flowed down his wounds, dying the soiled floor red.

 

From a distance away were two figures. Her little sister was encased in a layer of ice, and was shivering, while being held by a shadowy figure.

 

Seeing them, the one wearing the mask smiled.

 

“You’re here.” 

 

“What do you want?” Iris asked. The last time, they were after her dad, however, this time, it didn’t seem like the case. 

 

Frost’s smile deepened. “Let’s do an exchange.” She turned towards Rhea. 

 

“The little fox, for your lover.” 

 

“...” Rhea remained silent while Iris felt conflicted. 

 

As expected, they were after her. 

 

She grabbed onto Rhea’s hand before letting go. “I’ll go. Why bother to ask her?”

 

“Smart.” Frost said while taking Rose over into her hands. “If you didn’t, I would’ve dropped her down the building.” From this height, the kit would surely die. 

 

“Relax, we don’t really want to harm them either. Unfortunately, we don’t have a choice. Walk over to Shadow, and after we take her away, I’ll leave the little fox over here, and you can pick her up.” 

 

Iris bit her lips before walking over.

 

“You’re not going to stop her?” Aelis asked Rhea.

 

Rhea shook her head while feeling helpless. “What can I do?”

 

Aelis crossed her arms in front of her chest. She showed a look of anger and agitation. For some reason, Rhea’s attitude pissed her off. 

 

However, she was right. They couldn’t do anything. 

 

When Iris went over to Shadow, they placed a hand on her shoulders, and the two of them vanished into the night. 

 

Upon seeing that they were gone, Frost placed the Kit onto the ground when Shadow teleported back, bringing her along towards some place unknown.

 

Iris’ dad transformed back to his humanoid form. With a brooding look, he picked up the kit from the ground. The ice was already undone, and her fur was all soaked and wet. She was also shivering from the cold.

 

Aelis stomped on the ground before glaring at Rhea. “Give me my powers back. I’m going to find her.”

 

“It’s not yours.” 

 

Aelis wanted to cough up blood. She didn’t know what to say.

 

Rhea rolled her eyes. “They can’t escape.” Wanting to take Iris from her? They were thousands of years too early. 

 

She then took a step, disappearing from the place.

14