Chapter 37
129 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Dad, save me! Your daughter’s stranded! Also, Rhea said something about running westward. Apparently something bad is going to happen.’

 

‘...’

 

‘I’ll go pick up your mom then come over.’ 

 

“How long do we have?”

 

“I don’t know.” Rhea shook her head before grabbing one of Iris’ tails, causing the Kitsune to blush. 

 

So brazenly!

 

“I also don’t know what’s going to happen. At this point, our chance of survival depends on luck. At least a part of it.”

 

If they were in the wrong place and the wrong time, she might not be able to save Iris, let alone anyone else. 

 

She gently stroked the fluffy tail. “The other side is going to force her way in. When that happens, the end will really begin~.”

 

“...”

 

“When that happens, the end will really begin~“

 

As if she didn’t really care, she narrowed her eyes while nudging her cheeks against the fluffy tail.

 

Iris couldn’t help but feel something was strange with the current Rhea. Though, to her, she was always strange and mysterious. She knitted her brows.

 

“Why do I feel like I’m forgetting something important.” 

 

Rhea stuck her tongue out. Her cute appearance caused Iris’ heart to melt. “It should be fine as long as I’m awake.” 

 

“Ah!” Iris finally remembered. “What did you mean by awaken?” 

 

What was this, first awakening, second awakening?

 

It sounded like a power up.

 

Rhea scooted over to her before placing herself in front of Iris, as if telling her ‘hug me!’

 

Iris did just that.

 

“Mm, I don’t really know as well. Only, it's me, but also not me. My memories are incomplete. Perhaps it’s my past life. Do you believe in reincarnation?”

 

“...” 

 

Rhea giggled. “Hehe… apparently, I’m both a reincarnator and a rebirther… talk about tiring….”

 

“Rhea!”

 

She was like a puppet whose strings suddenly snapped. Iris held onto her why lowering her center of gravity, slowly placing her onto the floor.

 

She looked at the girl who was sleeping soundly before sighing in relief.

 

She wasn’t particularly shocked that Rhea came from the future. She sighed. Her tails wagged behind her. She also wasn’t curious about what happened to her and herself in the previous timeline. 

 

Most likely, she had died. 

 

Iris kissed Rhea on her lips. “Thanks.” 

 

She would give her more affection in the future. Even more than right now. She wiped the tears that formed in the corner of her eyes. 

 

<><><><><>

 

When her dad arrived, on his back was Rose and Aly. The shark as well as a pack of wolves, cats, and dogs were surrounding him. On the back of a giant cat was Aelis, and next to her was the shark.

 

Surprisingly, on a pair of wolves was Bruna and Walker. 

 

“Dad.” Iris carefully moved Rhea and leapt off the truck.

 

She had already explained everything that happened, that Frost and Shadow would be traveling with them.

 

“Let’s go.” Although it was a little anticlimactic, they were pressed for time.

 

“Wait,” Bruna got off the wolf and walked over. “I’m not going with you.”

 

“???”

 

Seeing the apologetic look on her face, Iris tilted her head.

 

“I’m going to stay with Walker. We still have the entire base to manage.”

 

Iris sighed. “Kay, take care.” 

 

She wasn’t really sure if she should give her a hug, so she could only nod. Afterall, there was Rhea.

 

Though, before she could decide, Bruna giggled at her before walking over to Aelis. Afterwards she hugged the girl. 

 

“Take care… I’m glad you’re alright.”

 

Aelis hugged her back. Before they came, she had already learnt the girl knew her previously. 

 

“Take care too.” 

 

When the two separated from each other, Bruna began to walk back with Walker.

10