Chapter 38
171 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Shadow woke up, she blinked as the wind blew past her.

 

“Ugh, a pawn abandoned and discarded. Our frail bodies are weak and defenseless. Frost, are we going to get violated by our captives?”

 

Shadow looked up at Frost. Just like her, they were tied onto the back of a beast. Most likely a large tabby. While Frost was a big black cat.

 

“....” Frost’s face was expressionless as the young girl was a little cute, and also breathtaking. She was like a fairy who had descended from the mortal world.

 

“Hehe, I’m just joking.”

 

Shadow began to take in her surroundings. They were inside a large pack of beasts. From the center was a familiar gigantic fox, carrying its entire family, as well as a few extras. The one that stood out the most was the Shark a distance away.

 

Iris turned to look at them before quickly looking away, as if she didn’t see anything.

 

Her tails wagged about, displaying her guilt. 

 

“Frost, why does it feel like we’re being watched?”

 

“We are. Don’t worry, I’ll protect you.”

 

“Thanks.” Shadow smiled at her. Though her face was a bit childish, within a few years, she would definitely become a lady killer.

 

Frost nodded at her. 

 

The group traveled until it was evening before stopping. Iris came over and untied the two of them. Iris first settled the sleeping Rhea before going over to the Frost and Shadow.

 

“Sorry, there were too many people on Dad’s back.” Iris apologized. She also couldn’t drive that truck. The entire time, Rhea had been driving her. And she didn’t take the chance to learn yet.

 

“It’s okay.” The two of them didn’t seem to mind.

 

“Umm, do you want to eat? Hungry?” Iris was a little bit awkward with them. 

 

The two looked at each other and nodded. They were then led over to the rest of the group where Aly was passing out rations.

 

Iris simply sat down next to Rhea and began to eat a fruit that was similar to an apple. Only it was filled with mana. 

 

‘How far do we need to run?’ Her dad communicated with her through telepathy.

 

’I don’t know…’ Iris shook her head. ‘We’ll keep going for another day, then just settle down. Hopefully Rhea wakes up…’ 

 

‘Hmph, Rhea this, Rhea that.’ 

 

“Blehh,” Iris stuck her tongue at her dad before finishing off her apple.

 

She then walked over to Frost and Shadow.

 

“Can I ask something?” She showed an awkward look on her face.

 

“What is it?” Frost placed down the rations before looking at Iris. 

 

“Umm, can you tell me how did you control so many icicles at once?” Doing so was a lot easier said than done. At least, Iris herself wasn’t able to. At best, she could only shoot out a shrapnel, run electricity through herself, or eject water.

 

“Hehe, the woes of the untalented. That’s because Frost is a genius, with two abilities!” Before the cold looking beauty could reply, Shadow answered ahead of her. 

 

Frost looked over at Shadow before nodding. “It’s Telekinesis, my own ability. I combined it with the ice ability to form those icicles.” She placed a finger on her cheeks in thought. “Well, it also isn’t really telekinesis. For example, I can spy with it, and also use telepathy.”

 

“...” Iris’ ears twitched. She wanted such an ability too!

 

Unfortunately, even if she wanted to make her her kin, it was impossible. Right now, she only had 267 points. In order for her to unlock the 3rd slot, she needed 1000. 

 

“Thanks.” Still, she thanked her. At least she had a clue on how to get stronger now. “We’ll rest here for tonight, and then continue to travel for another day. Then, we’ll find a place to settle down.”

 

The two nodded.

 

Iris didn’t bother them for long and walked back to Rhea. The girl laid down next to her before covering the two of them. 

 

<><><><><>

 

The next day.

 

“Ngh…” Iris felt someone groping her. The movements of her hands were somewhat familiar. 

 

Her eyes snapped awake before calming down. 

 

“Rhea,” she blushed while looking at her. “You’re awake.”

 

“Mm,” Rhea smiled while looking at her. 

 

“Can... you let go?” 

 

Rhea nodded. However her hand continued to roam around for a while longer, only reluctantly letting go when Iris’ breathing grew rough.

 

Finally freed, Iris held onto her chest while glaring at Rhea. If it wasn’t her, and someone else, she would’ve beat them half an inch to death.

 

Rhea stuck her tongue at her before scooting over and throwing herself into Iris’ arms. “It looks like it hasn’t started yet.” 

 

Like this, they should be fine.

 

“Rhea, is there a way for me to grow stronger?” 

 

Rhea played with a lock of her hair. “Of course, my reincarnation left a few things for me to do.” She had a large bucket list. “I’ll give you a lesson this evening.”

 

Iris nodded while hugging Rhea. The girl was soft, and it felt comforting. Of course, Rhea also enjoyed it, afterall there was a pair of pillows squeezing against her arm. 

 

Before the two could get into their own world, her dad sent her a message.

 

‘We’re moving,’ Followed by a roar, startling everyone awake. 

11