Looks Better On You
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hello everyone! For tis chapter and onward, we would be in the past to learn more about Wang Li and Ying Yue's relationship. I will note again when we are back to the present~

The blonde was walking around the streets of the village, as the sun beat down on his skin. His master had told him to pick up some ginger roots and red cabbage, so here he was in the bustling streets with his brothers. Looking through the stands, his eye caught the shiny hairclip. Heading to the jewels, the elder woman smiled at him.

"Hello there, child," she greeted, "Such a pretty girl you are. Which do you like? Grandma will give it to you for cheap."

"But I am a boy," he pouted, but he pointed at the different colored jeweled hairpin, "How much is it?"

"One gold coin," the lady said but paused, "Since you are such a pretty girl, you can have it for two silvers."

He smiled and nodded. Grabbing from his pocket, he handed the amount the lady asked for and held the pretty golden jeweled hairpin. Smiling to himself, he looked around to realize he lost his brothers. His anxiousness rose as he looked around to not find them near the area, so he walked further down. The amount of people and stands lessened the further he went. Feeling tired, he adjusted his straw hat on his head, but the breeze flew harshly. It grabbed his hat, twisting it, and flipping it in the air.

He chased after it, upset that another bad luck is happening to him. Turning the corner, he saw the straw hat enter the opened doors of the palace. Blinking in front of the bordered estate, he remembered his master telling him to avoid this area but was never told why. He heard footsteps from inside and the shadowed entrance revealed a boy with silver eyes and black hair. He wore a red tunic with black pants. The golden embroideries covered his shoulders and the edge of his sleeves. On his hair, pulled up into a ponytail, had a silver pin adorned with emerald gems.

His arm reached out with his straw hat and the blonde blinked down at it. Letting out a smile, he looked at the boy again.

"Thank you," the blonde said and saw the boy nod and turned to return into the shadows, "W… wait."

His silver eyes turned to him once more. Clearing his throat, the blonde pulled out the hairpin he just purchased. Stretching his hand out, he offered the adornment to the boy.

"What are you doing?" The boy questioned with his head tilted slightly.

"For you, as a thank you," he smiled waving his straw hat as a reminder.

"There is no need to give me something," the boy replied staring at him with interest.

"Just take it," he grinned, "It probably looks better on you anyways."

Silver eyes widened slightly, before the curl of those small lips lifted. Instead of reaching out for the item, he watched as the raven-haired boy reached up to pull his silver one out of his hair. Then the arm holding the silver item was switched in place of the gold one. He stared at his hand for a moment, before looking into silver eyes.

"The jewels match your eyes," the mysterious boy nodded to him, "It would look better on you."

Then the boy in red turned and walked away leaving a him stunned at the front doors of the palace. Once he returned to reality, the platinum blonde felt his lips stretched into a grin.

'Well, what do you know,' he skipped away staring at the silver hairpin, 'I think I made a friend!'

When he caught up to his brothers and paid for what their master asked for, they returned to the cabin in the hill outside of the village.

"Master!" He greeted happily as he jogged up to the elder.

"Took you all longer that I assumed," Master Pang watched the three boys.

"Heaven's chosen got distracted and lost," the boy with a bun pulled up to his head said, "We went around looking for the brat."

"Hey!" The blonde frowned, "I only looked away for a moment."

"To buy yourself some jewelry," the redhead barked out, "You are lucky we were able to haggle the shop owner for the rest of the items."

"Ah, big brother," the other boy had tried to calm the upset boy, "Let us not get upset."

"Are you taking his side again, Han Mo?" Xu Ling questioned lowly as his purple eyes brightened.

"That is enough," Master Pang waved with his fan in hand, "Let us prepare the meal then begin your trainings."

==

(Two years later)

"Hey, come on! You don't have to run; we are only playing," a boy huffed out as he, along with others, chased after the blonde.

'Stupid boys!' He frowned slipping past the villagers, 'Why can't they just leave me alone?!'

They been chasing him for a while now and he was getting tired, but he didn't want to leave yet. If he were to run out of the village, what if those boys followed him? They would keep coming to harass him! The thought that Xu Ling would beat them up made him grin, but it quickly fell.

'Psh! He would get upset with me and say: you take care of your own problem!' The blonde mimicked with his mouth upset.

Rushing around a corner, he found a large jar sitting against the wall and made a decision. Lifting the lid, he stuffed his body inside and waited. Covering his mouth, he calmed his breath as he heard footsteps rushing around.

"Didn't she come this way?" The oldest boy questioned.

'I'm a boy!' He glared in the dark.

"I thought so," another voice spoke up, "Maybe she is hiding?"

His eyes widened and he found his heart racing. His bad luck really was a curse, as he heard footsteps close in. Just when he thought he would be discovered, the voice of an adult called out to them. He heard steps grow more distant and he let out a long sigh. Closing his eyes, he fell asleep in the dark of the jar. He didn't know how long he slept, but he jolted to the sound of soft steps.

'Oh no, are they back?' He wondered and lifted the lid slightly to not catch anyone's attention.

Through the slit of opening, he saw someone in red with gold embroidery. His green eyes widened as he lifted the lid higher to see the raven-haired boy from a couple years ago. He was about to call out, but the boy turned to him and those silver eyes widened.

"Uh, hi," he grinned sticking an arm out to wave.

0