Was He Not As Good As The Moon
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why are you in a jar?" The boy questioned staring at him with interest.

"I was hiding from some guys," he said trying to pull himself out, "They kept chasing me, so…" he grunted struggling to break free, "I decided to hide."

Letting out a sigh, he tried to pretend like he was just relaxing with both arms out and half his chest above the jar.

"So, what are you doing?" The blonde said casually.

"I'm going to the lake," the boy stated turning to look at the darkening sky, "It looks beautiful at night."

'The lake?' He was interested and tried to pull out once more but failed.

"You're stuck," the raven-haired boy walked over to him, "Give me your hands."

The blonde did as instructed and felt half his body was out of the jar. Excited, he moved his arms to wrap around the boy's neck. A loud popped was heard before they stumbled back, falling onto the ground. White blonde and dark black hair mixed with one another, like yin and yang.

Green eyes pulled back to stare at silver ones.

Fingers moved to touch his warm cheek before sliding up to tug his strands behind his ear. His emerald eyes took in the thin lashes bordering bluish platinum eyes, the soft coral lips, and the milky white of his skin. A mark that he didn't recognize before sat underneath the boy's left eye, dark like ink. He lifted his hand to slide his fingers on it, curious to follow those strange lines.

"Where did you get this?" He whispered as his pads felt the ridges of the mark.

"Why do you want to know?" The silver eyed boy stared at him and he felt his face heat up when he realized how close they were.

Pulling away, he stood up clearing his throat. Offering a hand, he pulled the red robed boy up to notice the golden pin tucked into his ponytail. When those eyes looked at him again, he couldn't help but grin.

"You still have it," the blonde pointed to his own pin in his hair, "I have yours too!"

A small smile was placed on the face of the boy and he found himself laughing out happily. He followed raven-haired boy to the lake in the quiet of the night. He could not believe his luck! He got to meet the friend he had made from years ago again. Though he hadn't seen him since that first day, he was happy to know they cared enough about one another to keep their exchanged gifts.

"What's your name?" He asked and the boy in red turned to him.

"What is yours?" He heard the question as they reached the lake.

"Hm," the blonde sounded and thought about what to say.

Since he could remember, he's always been called Heaven's Conduit , Heaven's Chosen, or The Choose One for Heaven. His brothers and even his master had names, so why didn't he? Frowning, he deserved a name too, right? It wasn't fair that he didn't have one. Looking over to the boy before him, he watched the way those silver eyes watched the moon. A sparkle, a shine, like the raven-haired boy loved the moon, envied it even. Something stirred in his stomach, and the blonde cleared his throat to receive the attention of the boy.

"Why don't we give each other a name?" He offered with a shy smile, "I mean, something special, just between us?"

The boy in red tilted his head searching his face, before his lips curled up.

"What would you call me?" He questioned and his green eyes blinked.

'Hm… what should I call you?' He looked at the milky face before him and then looked up and down.

"I got it!" The blonde nodded with a smile, "How about Wang Li?" He offered to see furrowed brows on the boy's face, "You hold yourself as a ruler, like an emperor, a king," he explained, "And you are pretty. I am certain this should be your name."

He nodded in agreement with himself, determined to convince the boy in red.

"Is that so," the boy looked at him with a smile that was as dazzling as the stars and he found himself blinking dumbly at that face.

He saw those silver eyes looked back at the moon and he frowned. Was he not as good as the moon? Why did he always look at that thing? The moon didn't talk back; the moon wasn't that great-

"Ying Yue," he heard the boy say as he turned to face him again, "Will you accept this name?"

"W… why?" He stumbled out confused, "Why would you call me that?"

He heard a soft laugh from those thin lips and he crossed his arms over his chest.

"I think it fits you," the boy in red said softly as his silver eyes looked at him, "You're quite beautiful."

"I'm… I'm a boy," he spluttered out red faced, "You're only saying that because you think I'm a girl!"

His eyes started tearing up as he turned away from the boy. Stupid. This boy was the same as those other boys, those adults, everyone but his family! His friend was no different. He thought-

"I never thought you were a girl," he heard the boy say confused and he turned wiping the tears from his green eyes, "A boy can be beautiful too."

'Oh,' he found himself flushing with embarrassment.

"Here," the boy handed him a red handkerchief with a golden plum blossom adorning the corner. He wiped his face quickly and handed it back to the silver eyed boy.

"Keep it," a frown graced those thin lips, "Let me think of another name."

"No," the blonde quickly shook his head as he smiled, "I like it. Sorry I got all… like this."

"You are pretty like a girl," the boy stated as a smile blossomed, "But beautiful as a boy."

"Stop," he shouted pushing him away gently with his face burning, "Do you compliment everyone like that?"

The laugh echoed into the night and he found himself laughing along. Facing the moon, he thought about the name the boy gave him.

'Ying Yue… means reflection of the moon right?' He glanced at the boy in red to see those silver eyes on him, as a smile adorned his lips.

"Let's meet here again, okay Ah Li?" He asked hopeful and he smiled so wide his cheeks were hurting the next day, but he didn't care. The boy in red had nodded his head and smiled at him.

"Yes, Ah Yue. Let us meet again."

0