I Don’t Want You To Be Alone
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*When you see == this meant time had passed if it wasn't clear. Keep in mind Ying Yue is relearning his past- the ones that were hidden away. Why? You'll find out~*

They all were readying their sword before their master. A short breeze and they attacked. Swords swinging, but their master dodged easily. The wooden fan, strengthened by his energy, blocked blades and pushed it aside. Another round of practice and he opened his fan, spread it, and flapped toward them. A hard gush pushed the three young boys back, causing the youngest to roll backwards.

"You all have gotten stronger," he smiled running his hand down his beard.

"Thank you master," they bowed, while the blonde laid flat on his back.

Ying Yue was breathing hard, but he could feel himself getting stronger. Smiling to himself he stared at the sky happily. He heard footsteps neared him, until his master came into his view.

"You've done well, Heaven's chosen," the elder reached out a hand for him, pulling him up.

"Thank you," he smiled and took his sword from his brother, "Master and brothers," he hesitated for a second before his lips spread into a grin, "Please call me Ying Yue."

They stared at him for a moment before the eldest brother spoke up.

"Ying Yue?" The redhead scowled, "Why would you want to be called that?"

"Because my friend gave me that name," he smiled proudly.

"A friend?" Xu Ling questioned incredulous, "When did you even make friends?"

"I am glad you made a friend, Ying Yue," his master smiled at him and his smile widened.

"Thank you master!" The blonde hugged the elder, happy that the older man approved.

==

Opening an eye, he noticed the sky was dark. Having to meditate all day, he looked around slowly. His brothers, who meditated less than he did, were currently with their master. Eyes brightening, he stood up and headed over to the lake. When he arrived, Wang Li was already there watching the crescent moon.

"Ah Li!" He called out waving to have the other boy turn to him, "Sorry! I was meditating."

He ran over to him until he was right beside him, huffing and puffing. Grinning, he looked at his friend.

"Is something wrong?" Ying Yue wondered because the boy in red had not greeted him.

"Why do you need to meditate?" The raven-haired boy asked, looking at him with silver eyes.

"Ah, I don't know to be honest," he shrugged, "I just know I feel stronger when I do."

He felt fingers wrapped around his wrist. Green eyes watching the concentrated look of his friend, he wondered why Wang Li was asking him this. He already told his friend he would be busy with his master and brothers, and that he would try to get to the lake before it got too dark.

"You do feel stronger," his silver eyes looked at him.

"Thank you," he grinned and grabbed his friend's wrist, "Let me see if you have too."

Concentrating, he felt the steady flow of his friend's energy and smiled. Green eyes moved up to see a smile on Wang Li's face.

"When we get stronger, do you want to clash swords?" Ying Yue asked as he sat down under the tree.

"Hm," The boy in red nodded and sat beside him, "What do you call your blade?"

"Oh," the blonde turned to his friend, "Sword."

"…"

"…"

"What is your sword's name?"

"…"

"…"

"Sword," Ying Yue repeated feeling a frown graced his face, "My sword's name is Sword."

He saw Wang Li stare at him with his mouth opening and closing. Then a laughter escaped the boy's mouth, making the blonde flush with embarrassment.

"What, what do you call yours then!" He pouted.

"Slayer," Wang Li said after his laughter settled.

"Slayer?" Heaven's Conduit crossed his arms and frowned, "That sounds really cool… maybe I should change mine."

Thinking it over, why did he not give his sword a cool name! He was just so happy that his master was giving him a blade that he didn't even think. Now the name of his sword was already etched into the blade. Letting out a defeated moan, his shoulders dropped.

"Sword is good too, Ah Yue," his friend smiled at him.

"No it isn't. You just laughed at the name," he reminded and Wang Li placed a hand on his shoulder.

"It is simple, easy to read and understand," Silver eyes softened, "Just like you, Ah Yue."

"Really?" He tilted his head and thought about it.

'Well… I guess… since Ah Li doesn't mind it, I shouldn't care either,' he nodded, 'Besides, sword is easy to remember.'

"Thank you, Ah Li," he smiled at his friend and they shared the moment staring up at the stars.

==

"Are you going to see your friend, Ying Yue?" The elder spoke up watching the blonde pack an extra meal with him.

"Yes, is that alright, Master?" The youth questioned.

"I feel like we should see this friend of yours, little brother," Han Mo smiled, "You always seem so excited to see him."

"He's my best friend!" Ying Yue grinned proudly, "He is smart and nice and cool and, and, and…"

"Alright, alright," the brunette waved off with a grin, "He is special to you. Just don't forget us, you know. We are your family, Ying Yue."

"I won't!" The youngest brother hugged the brunette and his master, before pausing before the redhead and bowed out of respect. He walked out and travelled down the road, through the village, toward the lake.

Ying Yue was happy to be able to be at the lake first. Normally, Wang Li would be waiting for him, but this time he would be waiting for the boy in red. Looking at the moon, he wondered what it was that Wang Li saw. Those silver eyes would watch the moon as if he were conversating with it, like friends. He felt his lips slipping into a frown, but the bigger part of him felt happy. He knew from what Wang Li and he spoke about that they don't have any friends, but each other. If the moon made him happy, then… that was okay with him.

"Ah Yue," the whisper of his name behind his ear made his whole body shivered, as his body jumped.

"My apologies," the boy in red grinned reaching out to hold his arm steady, "Are you alright? Cold?" Wang Li frowned feeling the shivering of his body.

"Don't scare me, Ah Li," he frowned before sighing with a smile, "I brought food for us. Are you hungry?"

The raven-haired male nodded and they sat against the tree. Ying Yue prepared the meals and looked up with a smile at his friend.

"Wang Li," the blonde started but stopped when he saw the boy in red removing his outer robe, "What are you-"

Warmth spread on his back and shoulders from the red robe thrown over him. Mouth opening and closing, the green-eyed boy was speechless. His face warmed up, almost a reflection of the colored robe, as he looked from his friend to the clothing on him.

"Ah Li," Ying Yue whispered quietly as he looked at his friend from under his lashes.

"You were shivering Ah Yue," the silver eyed boy explained concerned in his tone, "If you are not feeling well, you do not need to come."

"No, no, I am alright," the blonde grinned at his friend, "I am warm now. Thank you."

The truth was… he wasn't shivering because he was cold or sick, but the raven-haired boy didn't need to know that. Smiling, Ying Yue spoke about what his master had been teaching him, how his older brother was always hard on him, and his other brother's encouragements.

"Ah Li," the blonde tilted his head to the side in thought, as he looked at his friend, "You never tell me about who you live with. You don't… live alone, do you?" He furrowed his brows in worry, "If you do, then… then you should live with me and my brothers and my master."

Ying Yue reached out his hands and grabbed Wang Li's hand. The blonde felt a sadness in the pit of his stomach, like an empty drop that was unending. His eyes were watery and he bit his bottom lip to hold back his sorrow for his friend.

"I don't want you to be alone, Ah Li."

His green eyes were staring at the hand tucked in between his, afraid to open them. He didn't want Wang Li to be upset, or sad, or lonely. He just wanted him to be happy. He deserved to be.

A hand was placed over his and he looked up to see silver eyes, soft like the evening clouds.

"Wouldn't that make me your brother then?" Wang Li questioned with a small smile.

"Y… yes," the blonde nodded.

"But I don't want to be your brother, Ah Yue."

1