Will You Join Me
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why are you not focused?" The eldest brother scowled at him and he ignored it.

Clashing swords once more, he swung but his brother was always stronger and quicker than he was. Before he knew it, he was already on the floor with a sword pointed at him.

"You win big brother," Ying Yue offered a smile, but the eldest's eyes narrowed at him.

"You are distracted. Is it a girl?" The redhead frowned pulling the sword back.

"Huh? No. Why would you think that?" He questioned standing up confused.

"To be this distracted and defeated so easily, I assumed," Xu Ling stated crossing his arms, "What were you thinking of then?"

He looked away from his brother's golden eyes and kicked the grass as he thought about what to say. He loves his big brother, but the redhead can be strong in everything. He already knew the eldest didn't approve of his friendship with Wang Li, although he never met the raven-haired teen- Ying Yue was certain they would be friends too. He also knew that his brothers and his master did not have anyone else they spoke with. It was training, meditating, eating, and training again.

He wasn't sure why they were training so much. From what his master told him, it was for a mission that the Heavens had given all of them and his was the most important. He still didn't understand his mission fully, but that didn't mean he couldn't make friends, right? His master approved of his friendship with Wang Li, so that was all that mattered right? But he loves his big brother and his approval means a lot to him too.

"I am worried, big brother," he said quietly, "That he would no longer be my friend."

"You could always make new friends or make no more friends," the redhead stated logically.

"But I don't want to make new friends, I just want him to be my friend. I don't want to lose him," he frowned at his brother and the eldest rolled his eyes.

"If he cares so much for you the way you do him, then you should have no worries."

Such a simple statement, but it made the blonde's face brightened up. Nodding his head in agreement, he squeezed the eldest in a hug before bouncing off to retrieve the red robe.

"Master, I will leave now to see my friend, is that alright?" He called out.

"If you wish to leave now, you will need to carry back 4 pails of water," the elder smiled behind his fan.

"Wha… okay! I will return with them!" The blonde grinned and pressed the folded red robe against his chest as he ran down the road.

"He did not bring the empty pails with him," the brunette laughed watching his youngest brother rush off.

"Idiot," the redhead shook his head with a sigh.

Down the hill and following the road, he arrived at the village.

Ying Yue was greeting the villagers as he passed them. He was in such high spirit that he couldn't stop the grin on his face. Seeing the stand with that elder lady from years back, he couldn't help but head to her. She gave him good luck last time because he was able to meet Wang Li, so maybe she would give good luck once more.

"Hello Madame," He greeted with a smile, "Do you have any new jewels?"

"Hello there young lady," the elder smiled, "I do. Let me show you."

He didn't bother correcting her as his eyes skimmed through the jade hairpin, the silver necklaces, and golden rings. Humming to himself, he wondered what his friend would like. As he thought about it, he heard a voice, the voice of his special person. Face brightening, he turned smiling and ready to greet Wang Li, but it quickly wavered when he saw who he was with.

"Aw, don't be a prude, Ah Li," a female with blue hair chided holding an expensive fabric, "This color would be perfect for your date."

"It isn't a date, Ah Chu," his friend sighed looking through the fabrics with his eyes.

"It is thoughtful of you to make her a coat," the brunette smiled softly, "We can tell how special she is to you."

"Seriously, when will we meet her? Ah Yun is suspicious of her already. If you let her sit in it, she will surely never trust her," the blue haired female reminded as she went to eye a purple colored fabric.

Ying Yue just drowned out everything else being said. Stepping away from the jewelry stand, he took a step toward his friend. Swallowing down the pain in his heart, he shut his eyes and shook his head. Why was he feeling this way? Wang Li was only his favorite person. He was not his lover. He was nothing more than his best friend, a person he had hurt.

'Is that why… is that why he decided to go date someone?' He wondered taking slow quiet steps, 'If he were with someone already… he would tell me, right? He never told me about who these females are… or who Ah Yun was. He doesn't tell me anything…'

Taking a deep breath, he steadied his heart and walked closer with shaky legs.

'If he wants to… if he wants to stay friends then I will. I will do that,' the blonde told himself and called out to his best friend.

"Ah Li."

All three people turned to him, but his eyes were watching the male. Silver eyes caught his emerald ones and he saw the smile on those thin lips.

"Ah Yue, you are here early."

"I wanted to return your robe," he said softly, "… and to apologize for hurting you."

"Hurting you?" The blue haired female questioned looking at the raven-haired male.

"I…" Ying Yue tried but couldn't find it in himself to continued. Thankfully, Wang Li always seemed to understand how he was feeling.

"Thank you, Ah Yue," fingers wrapped around his wrist before taking the robe back, "Would you join me?"

"Um… I…" he wanted to spend time with Wang Li, but he didn't want to pause on his friend's search for something for his date. It didn't sit right with him… but…

"Hello, my name is Li Hein," the brunette greeted, "This is my sister Li Chu."

"Hello, my name is Ying Yue," he smiled.

"Ying Yue?" The blue haired female thought for a moment, "Ah, your nightly friend. The one who gave you your name."

"Yes," silver eyes looked mirthfully into his green ones and he smiled.

"He spoke of you a lot, Ying Yue," Hien smiled, "I hope he treats you well."

"Y… yes. Very much. He treats me really well," the blonde stumbled through his words, receiving laughter from the others.

He felt his cheeks warmed from the embarrassment, but when he looked at Wang Li, he couldn't help flushing in a different feeling. Wang Li's eyes looked sharp and yet his smile was soft, making him feel like a rabbit and his friend the fox. He felt a slow shiver run up his spine and he wrapped his arms around himself. Green eyes blinked widely when he felt the robe he had returned wrapped around him once more.

"Red," Wang Li spoke up as he helped the blonde into his robe, "The color is red."

0