Someone Special
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You're favorite color?" Chu smirked with a giggle, "Claiming her already?"

"Here are a few reds," Hien giggled as well, "Which would be best?"

"Which do you prefer?" Wang Li looked at him and he found his face looking at the black-haired male confused.

"Wha… what?" He questioned brows furrowed with a frown, "… Why?"

"He wants to make a coat for his date," Chu sighed happily, "To see Ah Li with someone, I thought would never happen while I live."

"Oh…  you want me to help you pick… a fabric for a coat for your… date?" Ying Yue questioned as his heart dropped, but he fought to keep it up.

"For someone special," Wang Li clarified and placed his hand on his back and the warmth of it came through the fabrics he wore, causing him to lean toward the warm touch.

Nodding his head, he forced a smile out.

Wang Li still wanted to be friends since he wanted his input. If he were to have a lover, they would see one another less and though he didn't want to give up his time with his friend for another… at least Wang Li would be happy. He would be happy too… eventually.

Looking at the red fabrics, he chose one that was thick and soft. The girls agreed and Wang Li looked at him with a knowing smile. What that knowing smile meant, he wasn't sure, but it looked like he approved as well. They had went to other stalls where the girls were busy purchasing items and he stood beside his friend, watching the villagers go about.

"You look nice in red, Ah Yue," Wang Li complimented and he turned to him with a smile.

"Not as good as you, Ah Li," he admitted with a laugh.

"Hm you're right," the raven-haired male nodded and Ying Yue pushed him gently with his tongue sticking out. He soon felt a pinch at his waist, causing him to yelp. Laughing aloud, he tried to reach for Wang Li, only to have the man avoid his reaches. Determined to get back at his friend, he continued reaching for the raven-haired male. Grinning, he quickly jumped up and caught Wang Li's back as he closed his legs around his waist.

"Gotcha!" He laughed and he felt his friend laughing from the vibration against his chest.

"Yes, you have."

"Eh? Where are the girls?" He asked at the back of Wang Li's ear.

"Don't worry, let us eat. They will find us there."

He was about to get down, but the silver eyed teen held him in place. Ying Yue felt his lips stretching into a smile as he enjoyed the piggyback ride. Many of the villagers were amused and he couldn't help waving with laughter. Once they reached the restaurant, they sat outside at the table. Ordering, the waiter walked off and Ying Yue found himself softening when he saw how relaxed his friend was.

"Ah Li," he drank his tea, "Who is the person you are dating?"

"What?" Wang Li placed a teaspoon of grounded ginger into his tea before his silver eyes watched him.

"It… it's just, you didn't tell me you were attracted to a girl. I mean, we are friends and I thought you would tell me if, you know, you liked someone," he finished with a frown as he took a sip of his tea.

"Do you like someone, Ah Yue," his silver eyes watched green ones widen, "Would you tell me who?"

His face heated up and Ying Yue cleared his throat. He doesn't like any girl… not like…

"If I know for sure I do, then yes…" he mumbled looking away from his friend.

Their meals came and he noted that Wang Li enjoyed fatty beef with wine-soaked rice and a plate of sweet buns. He ordered himself a noodle soup with mushrooms, carrots, and lemongrass.

"I just know I care deeply for this person," he heard his friend say and he looked up to see platinum eyes on him.

Taking a few extra seconds to swallow down his soup and the lump of emotions down his throat, he smiled over to his friend.

"Then I wish you the best."

"Ah Yue," his voice was soft and almost amused. Ying Yue didn't know what was so amusing, but his heart wasn't in it. He felt slightly sick, but would feel even more if he were to walk away from Wang Li. Thankfully the girls returned with more items and filled the space with words. Doing his best to be a good listener and keeping his mood steady, he enjoyed how they spoke with Wang Li. He could tell they were close and he didn't need to ask to see there were respect for each other.

'He was never lonely… yet he still… he still chose to come with me when it hurts him…,' he felt even worse knowing this and felt his smile dropping.

He followed them when they stood and left. He followed when they dropped the girls off at the palace. He followed when Wang Li offered to walk him to the road out of the village. He would follow his friend anywhere and that thought scared him more than he thought it would. It was the glaring truth that he cared too deeply for his friend when the raven-haired male cared for another.

"You have been quiet, Ying Yue," Wang Li spoke up pausing at the edge of the village.

"I… Why did you agree to come with me when you have… when you have Li Chu and Li Hien? You risked your life because of me… I don't think I can ever forgive myself," he finished with a whisper.

"Ah Yue," he looked up and felt a hand cupped his cheek, "I will always agree with you."

"Why?" He felt his face flush from that admittance and it brought the fluttering of butterflies in his stomach.

"You are special to me," the raven-haired male whispered softly and he felt lips on his forehead.

Eyes closed, he enjoyed the feel of those thin lips pressed gently against his skin. Those lips left his skin tingling and he slowly opened his eyes to see sharp silver eyes watching him, searching his face as if he was a beloved treasure. The fingers on his cheeks slid behind his ears to the back of his head. Then those fingers slid down to the back of his neck and his body trembled. Gasping, he jumped forward into Wang Li's space, as if to avoid the touch.

"You are sensitive here," that smooth voice sounded deeper and he bit his bottom lip as the tip of his ears reddened.

Nails ran gently down the nape again and he trembled once more with a muffled gasp.

"Ah… Ah Li, please stop," he breathed out with his hands slapping softly against the chest of his friend.

Those fingers left his nape to run down his spine, then paused in between his shoulder blades. He felt himself pushed forward as the raven-haired male held him close.

"Sleep well, Ah Yue."

Smiling, he nodded against strong shoulder and pulled back. When he had turned the corner, he poked his head to see if Wang Li had left, but he saw his friend staring at the moon with a smile. Ying Yue found himself smiling as well and it went into a full-blown grin when he realized he was wearing the robe he was supposed to return.

"What are you smiling for?" His brother called out, "You forgot to bring something back?"

The blonde paused and tilted his head in confusion before his eyes widened. Rushing back down the road, he missed his brown-haired brother shouting out in laughter that he forgot the buckets again.

1